Reseed T5 Ilmenite [Lacobus Needs Love]

iNFiDeL

Hello,

I know I am not the only one feeling this and yes I'm sure that some of the lack of ilmenite available to purchase is due to market manipulation but we urgently need ilmenite reseeded. I can literally spend weeks on Lacobus scanning with multiple characters only to find if I'm lucky 1-10 scans with any ilmenite and of those, if I'm lucky, 1 might have more than a thousand in it. Not saying this is everyone's case by any means but no other t5 is on this level of craziness with the exception of Thoramine for obvious reasons. I go to Jago and can find dozens of scans of Columbite ranging for 3-20k in each tile each day, go to Ion and there's literally Rhodanite in every other tile half the time. Symeon, though a bit more rare, I can at least expect to find some Vanadite, but Ilmenite is basically no more. Something was done wrong with the seeding of ilmenite from the get go, those guys who found a mega of ilmenite with like 7 mil back in pre-beta must have sparked a huge nerf that went over board so please correct this NQ it is fairly urgent. 

20 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

As you 5 min ago posted in nearby topic: "Stop whining. Git gud".

Double standards, mate, so double.

What are you talking about guy? I was referring to people crying that others are too rich and as such we need a wipe which is the reason 80% wipe hype people complain, boo hoo someone made quanta before I started playing this game so we should all restart cause its only fair for me.

This is a legitimate issue. There is very very little of the ore that should be here on lacobus and you can't just go find it elsewhere, I'm not crying about anything I can just go buy some if I need it, the problem I see is for production when there isn't any titanium on the market which is coming fast, machines will stop. Way to pick out 4 words from the 2 paragraphs of a message I posted just so you can talk crap.   

55 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Let's warp there and see what we can find..

Be my guest, I was here scanning endlessly all day for 2 weeks back in early December while finishing up finals, around 250-350 scans a day between my two characters, in the end I had 20k ilmenite in scans. Now its 2 months later and much more scanned out. The ore is too scarce period but you'll see. I've scanned all last evening and morning now and still not 1 scan with anything. 

I'm finding hardly any T4/5 where I previously found quite a bit. I didn't even find any gold on a recent trip to Feli. It's going to be interesting to see what happens to high end ships (and their owners) as PVP eats away their element lives and they can't be rebuilt because the ore doesn't exist.

Aside from that, ore is just money to me, so I have to find new strategies that don't rely on T4/5.

Without going into details, other than I scan a lot for Cobaltite, I also wish that the spawns would be increased just a tad.  I know they shouldn't be as abundant as T1 / T2, not saying that, but they need a boost.  It's not sustainable long term without a reseed at one point.  Unless of course space mining ends up providing way more opportunity....

Got like 15k+ sitting in my unsubbed account container along with hundreds of Mh worth of other rare ores/ingots that will never be injected into the economy again, feelsgoodman ❤️ enjoy your hardcore mining game.

Visit my creations through VR @  Shu Ship Showroom, I had spent alot of time when the game was fun building those ships so at least ogle them from time to time before the servers shutdown :P 

Eh, Lacobus iirc was originally scanned out via a group using an exploit to do instant scans. Likewise, what wasn't picked over by them, other  organizations gobbled up.

The current territory scanners only scan down to 3000m from the point they are placed. Most ore is found within that gap. 

The devs could/will seed higher tier ore below 3000m, then introduce T2, T3, T4 scanners that scan to a deeper level. It would allow current ore distribution to remain untouched, while adding more content, making it more fun/hard to mine deeper down. 

For example Thoramine was supposedly found at negative 6000m, below what out current scanners routinely do. Maybe there is already ore down there and we haven't found it yet? *x-files music* wasn't Thoramine found on Lacobus too?!! 

12 hours ago, Shulace said:

Got like 15k+ sitting in my unsubbed account container along with hundreds of Mh worth of other rare ores/ingots that will never be injected into the economy again, feelsgoodman ❤️ enjoy your hardcore mining game.

Visit my creations through VR @  Shu Ship Showroom, I had spent alot of time when the game was fun building those ships so at least ogle them from time to time before the servers shutdown :P 

You know something’s seriously wrong when hardcore players like Shulace are become former players and instead spend their time emojiing people. 

I honestly wonder how this game is going to get its mojo back. 

16 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

Eh, Lacobus iirc was originally scanned out via a group using an exploit to do instant scans. Likewise, what wasn't picked over by them, other  organizations gobbled up.

The current territory scanners only scan down to 3000m from the point they are placed. Most ore is found within that gap. 

The devs could/will seed higher tier ore below 3000m, then introduce T2, T3, T4 scanners that scan to a deeper level. It would allow current ore distribution to remain untouched, while adding more content, making it more fun/hard to mine deeper down. 

For example Thoramine was supposedly found at negative 6000m, below what out current scanners routinely do. Maybe there is already ore down there and we haven't found it yet? *x-files music* wasn't Thoramine found on Lacobus too?!! 

I've never heard of this scanning exploit are you serious?

Regardless, reseed the damn planet spent the entirety of today and yesterday on 2 characters scanning and not a single bit of ilmenite. If your going to implement finite resources don't do it if you cant accurately estimate what your player base can manage to do. Now I'm left to buying ilmenite at outrageous prices, while holding max skills in mining all because its virtually non existent on the only damn planet it exist on and don't bs me we all know there isn't anything on moons.  

On 2/5/2021 at 11:58 AM, iNFiDeL said:

Be my guest, I was here scanning endlessly all day for 2 weeks back in early December while finishing up finals, around 250-350 scans a day between my two characters, in the end I had 20k ilmenite in scans. Now its 2 months later and much more scanned out. The ore is too scarce period but you'll see. I've scanned all last evening and morning now and still not 1 scan with anything. 

You could have just mined anything else endlessly for weeks and bought the ore.

Im not saying that the finite resources arent completely broken at this point or that mining does not need to randomly be reseeded from time to time through gold rush events or just random tiles being selected on each planet per day in minimal amounts to just keep ore in this solar system going to make it anywhere close to launch without mining surface rocks. Scanning is the real problem as people have already mined and scanned and are constanly honing in on whats left.

NQ needs to figure that shit out quick. Otherwise if there is only sand left to mine we need sifting in addition to a full resource reset. But honestly I would just rather see this iteration of a busted game design proof of concept test to open up better solar systems and multiples to go to. Being locked inside a dead solar system pretty much sucks.

Given the scanning rates, any guess on what percentage of the T5 planets are scanned by the larger scanning groups? While NQ has said that it should be awhile before the planets are mined out, the scanning rates are more important, since the tile can be claimed whether or not it is mined yet.

On 2/5/2021 at 4:54 PM, iNFiDeL said:

What are you talking about guy? I was referring to people crying that others are too rich and as such we need a wipe which is the reason 80% wipe hype people complain, boo hoo someone made quanta before I started playing this game so we should all restart cause its only fair for me.

This is a legitimate issue. There is very very little of the ore that should be here on lacobus and you can't just go find it elsewhere, I'm not crying about anything I can just go buy some if I need it, the problem I see is for production when there isn't any titanium on the market which is coming fast, machines will stop. Way to pick out 4 words from the 2 paragraphs of a message I posted just so you can talk crap.   

@le_souriceau was absolutely right so dont start being toxic.

The non returning ore is a feature, features are intended to be part of DU.

exploits are not, sceming is not, selling stuff on the internet is not, NQ justs decided to turn a blind eye. they however did ban some people who did less but notified them of errors in databases or defended them selves from real life attacks.

So speaking of double morals, there is more where that came from.

No critisism on the game itself, features are what they are supposed to be, ideas about reappearing ores are overly abbundant in the ideas section, good you mentioned it. but i rather see something less lore breaking like meteores with ore that crash on tiles or space junk we can use that lands on tiles, remdering ores not only first km but to the core, stuff like that. We dont live in magicwonderland where ore magically appears, that only works on quanty for a limited group of players.

1 hour ago, Fra119 said:

Never heard of scanners scanning only 3km down either.

Test it.  Scanning from AGG heights above 4km on the surface should result in zero ore. Likewise if you deploy a scanner below the surface at different levels you can use it as a meganode depth finder. 

*drops mic* 

1 hour ago, BlindingBright said:

Test it.  Scanning from AGG heights above 4km on the surface should result in zero ore. Likewise if you deploy a scanner below the surface at different levels you can use it as a meganode depth finder. 

*drops mic* 

Have you tested that the distance is 3k rather than a height limit above the surface? For example, if it's a 3k max scanning distance then scanning at 2.6k above the surface should only show ore that's 400m below.

2 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

*drops mic* 

lol

Did you also tried to go past the -3km mark to see if there's anything down there? 

8 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

@le_souriceau was absolutely right so dont start being toxic.

The non returning ore is a feature, features are intended to be part of DU.

exploits are not, sceming is not, selling stuff on the internet is not, NQ justs decided to turn a blind eye. they however did ban some people who did less but notified them of errors in databases or defended them selves from real life attacks.

So speaking of double morals, there is more where that came from.

No critisism on the game itself, features are what they are supposed to be, ideas about reappearing ores are overly abbundant in the ideas section, good you mentioned it. but i rather see something less lore breaking like meteores with ore that crash on tiles or space junk we can use that lands on tiles, remdering ores not only first km but to the core, stuff like that. We dont live in magicwonderland where ore magically appears, that only works on quanty for a limited group of players.

Wasn't being toxic, that guy came into a completely un related post to talk crap to me cause he didn't like that I called him and anyone else crying for a wipe a cry baby and stop being a scrub. if anything the only ones being toxic here are you and him. I'm pointing out a very real soon to be issue for the player base and I agree more immersive options should appear but is a planet with only enough of a resource for 10k players to drain really grounded in reality? There should have been more there from the beginning. The mistake isn't in having limited resources, its in making it possible for someone to drain them before you can properly introduce more into the environment. We have lived on this planet for thousands and thousands of years and yet we still haven't gotten even close to removing every bit of any resource off the planet, We  just drained a planet in 6 months though in DU. What about after too, so when the gold and ilmenite are gone then what? Lacobus becomes a wasteland barely worth anything and still taking up hard drive storage and developers time to optimize and maintain. Its all cool in theory but its going to back fire if some measures to keep this from happening in the future isn't introduced. Before you know it we will have an entire solar system of planets drained of their valuable resources within months. Wipe hype guys of course will say this why we should wipe, but that doesn't do anything besides push the problem back further because it will just happen again. Maybe faster maybe slower but you shouldn't be able to make a planet useless in months. Years maybe but not months and not with 10k players, almost all of which aren't farming the planet.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:45 AM, iNFiDeL said:

Regardless, reseed the damn planet spent the entirety of today and yesterday on 2 characters scanning and not a single bit of ilmenite. If your going to implement finite resources don't do it if you cant accurately estimate what your player base can manage to do. Now I'm left to buying ilmenite at outrageous prices, while holding max skills in mining all because its virtually non existent on the only damn planet it exist on and don't bs me we all know there isn't anything on moons.  

Don’t worry. The advanced mining efficiency  skill is broken anyway so you had already wasted those 2m+ skill points. ?

16 hours ago, iNFiDeL said:

Wasn't being toxic, that guy came into a completely un related post to talk crap to me cause he didn't like that I called him and anyone else crying for a wipe a cry baby and stop being a scrub. if anything the only ones being toxic here are you and him. I'm pointing out a very real soon to be issue for the player base and I agree more immersive options should appear but is a planet with only enough of a resource for 10k players to drain really grounded in reality? There should have been more there from the beginning. The mistake isn't in having limited resources, its in making it possible for someone to drain them before you can properly introduce more into the environment. We have lived on this planet for thousands and thousands of years and yet we still haven't gotten even close to removing every bit of any resource off the planet, We  just drained a planet in 6 months though in DU. What about after too, so when the gold and ilmenite are gone then what? Lacobus becomes a wasteland barely worth anything and still taking up hard drive storage and developers time to optimize and maintain. Its all cool in theory but its going to back fire if some measures to keep this from happening in the future isn't introduced. Before you know it we will have an entire solar system of planets drained of their valuable resources within months. Wipe hype guys of course will say this why we should wipe, but that doesn't do anything besides push the problem back further because it will just happen again. Maybe faster maybe slower but you shouldn't be able to make a planet useless in months. Years maybe but not months and not with 10k players, almost all of which aren't farming the planet.

You have a point, the whole resources thing is unbalanced since the first time we could mine and this has indeed been talked about more then once.

But as with all other ideas and solutions people bring here there is little done with it. there is a sort of balance for resources needed and volume of a product but in reality most items we have contain more air then other stuff and the volume/mass of elements is unbalanced. what you say is correct, what over 6billion people cannot do on earth a few did on alioth.

Also the idea to put materials on different moons is far fetched, the reason is clear but there should have been low amounts of every element on any planet/moon maybe work with depth of whatever but it should be there. loads of ores should even be findable kilometers down. and with those it would have been good to have a totally different core system for statics, one that allows to actually build mining rigs going down for kilometers