Ship falling through honeycomb...

Hazaatan

2 hours ago, admsve said:

How many voxel layers does the platform have? I noticed that one is not enough.

Mh I've been using 1 voxel thick landing pads for months and my ships never sunk. Do you have landing gears on your ships? 

8 hours ago, Fra119 said:

Mh I've been using 1 voxel thick landing pads for months and my ships never sunk. Do you have landing gears on your ships? 

Yes I have landing gear, just 1 layer platform. Going to have to try more...

Edit: 2 layers also doesn't work.  Frustration has now kicked in...

4 hours ago, Bobbie said:

For what it's worth I've never had that problem (and I hope it stays that way)... I've been using 1-layer voxel landing strips for my ships from XS to L-core. Some of the smaller ones (mostly speeders but also a hauler) have no landing gears. So as far as I'm aware, it should just work. If it doesn't work then I don't know why, unfortunately.

Does this happen every time for you, or is it maybe a glitch that could be "fixed" by taking off and landing again just this once?

It happens every time.  I have tried to take off and land, but nothing.  I rebuild the platform in different heights, but that doesn't work either.  It isn't it the same spot either, its just a random spot where my ships sink through the floor like is was quicksand.  My ships are big enough that only one side sinks, but it sinks way past the landing pads, half of my ship is through the floor ><!    

My ships don’t sink through, but unless the platform is absolutely level, they bounce around like they’re having a “special moment” then slide off with zero friction. 
not can take 30 seconds or longer for the ship to come to rest.  And even then it might not actually be docked. 

but this was before a couple of recent small patches. One which fixed my blueprint blues. So maybe it works now. Who knows....

yes, this is so frustrating - happened to me yesterday while landing on pad at top of space station (not had problem there before)

what is really weird is the voxels trigger the vertical boosters, so I can just tilt nose forward and ship will glide perfectly in to exact place I want it, but then when I press c to descend, it just went right through the roof

the ship (S core) has landing gears (4 S) - the station is an M core - the ship has docked on the pad many times before - some of it is 1 thick, but it has 2x2 beams all way across and they made no difference

it reminds me of when I land an XS core in a voxel and force field enclosed S space core adjacent to the M space core if I have already parked my M dynamic anywhere on the M core

in a comedy moment, the XS core just gets abducted  - it's like the M dynamic has docking priority over the S space and the M space, and a control zone way bigger than it's build area

it flies right through the walls, well, several walls (the ones on the S space and the M space)