Crash On Log-in

Archaics

Anyone else getting this? Right after log in, the second I move my mouse or do something I get a crash "unhandled" something or other. After about 5- 10 attempts it works.  Is there something I can do to fix this? If this post is in the wrong place, please point me in the right direction.  ty ty 

On 04/02/2021 at 8:27 PM, Archaics said:

Anyone else getting this? Right after log in, the second I move my mouse or do something I get a crash "unhandled" something or other. After about 5- 10 attempts it works.  Is there something I can do to fix this? If this post is in the wrong place, please point me in the right direction.  ty ty 

Could be something related to your in-game location. If you had nothing to lose, force respawning may help. 

from another thread;

I flew in to pick up some stuff at Alioth 17.  Was waiting for the market to load up, then I got kicked from the game.  Now when I try to log back in, the loading time is really really slow and I get kicked off the server before even loading up.  Is this common? Is there a way to get back in?  I have cleared my cache, but still not loading up.

*FIXED*

NQ got back to me and gave me these instructions:

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear about what you have experienced.  To reduce lags and disconnects, please  try these in-game graphics settings:

1. Set Dynamic Shadow settings to Low (not None)
2. Set Environment Shadow settings to Low (not None)
3. Turn off Volumetric Clouds
4 Reduce the number of thread counts to 2

After this, delete your shader cache as well. To delete the shader cache, navigate to %localappdata%\NQ\DualUniverse and delete the file shader_d3d11.cache, then try to relog.

Worked for me.