Dear Community

First and foremost, I am NewStart! I downloaded the game and see this game to be a lot of fun so far. Really enjoying the idea of building industries and such. It is most definitely a great platform to start on with my new gaming ideas. I am a person who in this game world, would like to be a miner/laborer/engineer. However that seems to be the idea of the game. Now, I have been working on multiple ideas and i have several questions I would like to have answered before i start on my adventure. Some simple questions will be asked so bare with me as some of these ideas are not fully fleshed out.

1) I am somebody who like to make small things. In order to make these things, I need material. I claimed a spot that is rich in material and I have too much to hold on to. I would like to create a small refinery. Is that currently possible? And if so, is there any small tutorials that are currently shared for a new player like me? This way i can kind of get an idea for what it is I would like to work on?

2) I notice that a LOT of space ports are full and littered with ships, I understand that this is supposed to be a place where we take care of our property, however if this game increases in player size, will clutter be an issue? As well as framerate dropping? I dont know if that is a factor or not, I am just speculating. 

3) If down the road I decide to change my in-game name, is there a possibility that we can get an option in order to mask our username for an added layer of security for our accounts? 

I have no more questions however if I manage to think of any new questions, I will respond to this thread in order to not fill up the forum space. (unless you want more meta data then ill clutter it ALLL up)

31 minutes ago, NewStart101 said:

2) I notice that a LOT of space ports are full and littered with ships, I understand that this is supposed to be a place where we take care of our property, however if this game increases in player size, will clutter be an issue? As well as framerate dropping? I dont know if that is a factor or not, I am just speculating. 

3) If down the road I decide to change my in-game name, is there a possibility that we can get an option in order to mask our username for an added layer of security for our accounts? 

I have no more questions however if I manage to think of any new questions, I will respond to this thread in order to not fill up the forum space. (unless you want more meta data then ill clutter it ALLL up)

1. -----
  2. I'll spare you a large monologue about the game, it's current state and why the markets and spaceports are basically ghost towns.
     NQ has consistently had an issue with figuring out how to clear clutter and trash constructs from the game from players who haven't logged on... It's mainly a time, resource/manpower and priority balancing act their dealing with here. Initially they were fixing it when it came to the basic speeders being left abandoned on markets. However, after the launch of beta everyone who played put a bit more time in and made actual ships. When the game took a turn down a wrong path, these once bustling markets became ghost towns and graveyards for ships... If NQ implements some action to delete people's constructs while their subscriptions are still active or even expired then that will only stand to harm them. However, the abandoned construct issue is a problem regardless but I don't think it's a priority for them right now... given the larger issues at play here.
  3. You can change your name once every 6 months I believe Inside the avatar window you can select your name and change it 6 months from the day of account creation.

11 minutes ago, Demlock said:
  1. -----
  2. I'll spare you a large monologue about the game, it's current state and why the markets and spaceports are basically ghost towns.
     NQ has consistently had an issue with figuring out how to clear clutter and trash constructs from the game from players who haven't logged on... It's mainly a time, resource/manpower and priority balancing act their dealing with here. Initially they were fixing it when it came to the basic speeders being left abandoned on markets. However, after the launch of beta everyone who played put a bit more time in and made actual ships. When the game took a turn down a wrong path, these once bustling markets became ghost towns and graveyards for ships... If NQ implements some action to delete people's constructs while their subscriptions are still active or even expired then that will only stand to harm them. However, the abandoned construct issue is a problem regardless but I don't think it's a priority for them right now... given the larger issues at play here.
  3. You can change your name once every 6 months I believe Inside the avatar window you can select your name and change it 6 months from the day of account creation.

Thank you demlock, I appreciate the backstory to the game. I think this is going to be my new game to play regularly actually. There is so much you can do, so many things you can create, limitless possibilities if you dedicate a good amount of time. I am tired of playing those titles that have been saturated. This is new and could compliment my journey into the degree I am pursuing. 

Welcome to DU, NewStart!! :) Really glad to have you with us, both in-game and in the community.

You've posed some really great questions, and I hope more players join in to help get you set up for the kind of adventure you'd like to have.

As for your third question, that sounds like something I should inquire about! I'll be back when I have more information for you. :D