Why does DU have nothing to buy once you pay a sub?

Warlander

Why does this company not want to make any money?

Why arent they selling:

• Talent Reset Items
  • Character name Reset Items
  • Org Name Reset Items
  • Additional Character slots
  • Skins
  • Fluff
  • Pets

I can see them not wanting to go full cash shop since they seem to be cool with all the gold farming in this game or the data mining and selling of NQ's data. People want to buy things, anything, you just need to offer it to them. Any kind of entertainment fluff things like a legit chess board, a game, or things that dont add power or are just fluff could make NQ a lot of money to speed development up.

Just the Talent Tree reset if it costed like $20 a pop there are people out there who would gladly drop $40+ to swap around talents or spec into something (LIKE PVP) and go back to their daily life as a lowly miner or get some kind of industry going and swap back. Its not game breaking as much as it actually might allow more pvp to occur.

Whoa there partner... Data mining and selling of NQ's data... ??!!

I know people who'd pay $10 for, say, 1,000,000 skill points. but I hope they don't go there unless it was a once per account deal just to get them started the first week...

• Talent Reset Items
    I am against it since you cannot really mess up your skills since you have basically a endless amount of skillpoints
    If you would be able to switch your skills out of the nowhere it would take away some importance of planning.

• Org Name Reset Items
    No to this one.
    This could be used to wash your name "clean"
    Its like you cannot just change the face or name in reallife. (Or least its very uncommon for a good reason)

That could be something since multiple accounts are a thing anway, why not making it official so you can switch easier.

• Skins
    Yes, take my money. (planned tho)

• Fluff
    Not sure what it means, but i want it

• Pets
    Thats planned i think

Thats in a way planned i think (Accessiours)

2 hours ago, blazemonger said:

There's nothing in what OP suggests that makes DU Pay2Win.. 

This. 

13 hours ago, Warlander said:

Talent Reset Items

The ability to reset the points, when ever you want, as frequent as you want using. Money is pay to win. 

The time locks make such that you cant do anything in this game. Resetting or respecing talents opens this game up. If it takes me $200 to do that via in game tokens I can reset that is fine. It breaks nothing and it allows players to fund the game. Sure it allows for people to skirt the system but if I want to PvP for a night and blow $40 is that really a crime? You can make the arguement for industry but before 0.23 you could pretty much make anything you wanted anyhow that people had been doing since beta.

If I go pvp for a night and switch back to mining its pretty much paying for a 6mo sub on top of what im already paying them. If PvP is supposed to be a thing it would be nice if I could actually do it. Vs having 3-4 accounts to do the same thing. The biggest issue with the game is the talent system for me. Personally I think it should all just get baked into items and toss the whole system and open up more of the game at which point you could do whatever you wanted vs being locked into a role you hate because you have to go miner, then pilot, then industry, and then you can only support pvp once that is done. The more people who can do the the bigger the chance PvP ever really becomes a thing in this game.

Or you could just buy an accounts and do the same thing from gold sellers with 20mil+ exp pools, beta keys, and anything worth buying in game. Considering the market bots are allowed to flip and make gobs of cash they just sell it on gold selling sites. If you are confronted with paying for a sub or spending an extra $75 for an account(s) vs just starting with 0exp and saving 6+ months of your life waiting for nothing and cutting through all the red tape or spending less than it takes to buy 125mil h its really tempting. I could just buy $40 from NQ for resets or I could just go big and buy an KS Alpha account and never pay any subs too with 5mil exp on top of their pool from the perks.

So its either people do it anyways or NQ makes money. No matter what they do or if they fight it will it ever really stop it. They could make money and develop the game faster tho...

16 hours ago, Scavenger said:
  • Talent Reset Items
    I am against it since you cannot really mess up your skills since you have basically a endless amount of skillpoints
    If you would be able to switch your skills out of the nowhere it would take away some importance of planning.

• Org Name Reset Items
    No to this one.
    This could be used to wash your name "clean"
    Its like you cannot just change the face or name in reallife. (Or least its very uncommon for a good reason)

That could be something since multiple accounts are a thing anway, why not making it official so you can switch easier.

• Skins
    Yes, take my money. (planned tho)

• Fluff
    Not sure what it means, but i want it

• Pets
    Thats planned i think

Thats in a way planned i think (Accessiours)

Whats wrong with a pirate changing their Alias? Eventually people will know its you if you still fly the same ship(s) you did before you changed your name. Some people just outgrow the name they chose when they started years down the line. If you are a pirate a nobody or somebody it does not change anything really. NQ could still profit.

Orgs merge and or need to rebrand their name if they again dont like it for whatever reason. Even if the names change it does not change their mode of opperation, geography, or outcome of the game. NQ can still profit.

5 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

The ability to reset the points, when ever you want, as frequent as you want using. Money is pay to win. 

While there would be merit in that position IF talents had a decisive role in what your character can do, I do not see an issue at all with this being possible, say once every 6 months in any case.  If this is all you have to justify your opinion then I'd say it's very thin at best and easily balanced.

Also, if such a token could be bought for $$ and then sold in game for Quanta, the P2W argument goes away entirely.

DU is already pay to win, we just cannot see it.

Even worse, its something else. Apparently some individuals and large orgs have a grab on NQ so they can free exploit the game and not be banned or corrected, so we can stop being afraid for pay to win already.