NQ does not want your ideas (or do they?)

blazemonger

So, recently NQ decided to move the "Idea Box" forum in the "beta" section here to the very bottom, requiring you to scroll quite a way down to get to it. It's basically been moved well out of sight.

I guess NQ does not just choose to ignore these ideas, they now decided it was time to actually try and shove the option into a corner where it's not so obvious it's there and you need to actually do work to get there..

EDIT: Good to see NQ listened here and move the forum back up.. so never mind ;) 

I'd kind of expect that the point of the post is to voice discontent with NQ moving what I'd consider a pretty active and important section on the forums down to the very bottom should be rather obvious. I would also kind of expect that it would be clear that I'd prefer to see the section moved back up. But I guess for some that is not that clear so maybe I need to make sure people of all stages of understanding intent are able to follow..

So, I'd prefer NQ move the section backup as I feel it's put in a position where it will be overlooked by many.

9 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I'd kind of expect that the point of the post is to voice discontent with NQ moving what I'd consider a pretty active and important section on the forums down to the very bottom should be rather obvious. I would also kind of expect that it would be clear that I'd prefer to see the section moved back up. But I guess for some that is not that clear so maybe I need to make sure people of all stages of understanding intent are able to follow..

So, I'd prefer NQ move the section backup as I feel it's put in a position where it will be overlooked by many.

"We heard you"!

CMs used to go in the idea box and comment when they first brought it back. Then they just flat out started disabling voting options for some people such as yourself Blaze, and then they buried it further. They either got all they want to hear and just keep it there to look like they want feedback but they dont have the time/money/resources to do anything with it without delaying the game further. Its kinda just a solitary confinement padded room people can yell into at this point.

If they "heard" us at al let alone suggestions this latest mass market exploitation would have been dealt with like the district 15 incident or all the money the gained siezed or banned outright. But in many regards they dont hear us or they dont want to or they just flat out ignore real concerning ongoings of this game let alone ideas that would actually improve the game or make them money to make the game faster let alone Ideas.

I haven't seen any signs of life from NQ or their CMs regarding anything in that thread for aeons... I've stopped reading and contributing.

I don't even have enough interest left at this point to even theorycraft anymore.

The cynic in me says they look at ideas and players' deepest interests and desires in there and JC uses those hints to design ways to impede players' progress in those areas, since interest in a game leads to playing, which leads to progress, which leads to fervent players doing stuff faster than JC wants, which leads to nerfs.
Thus JC looks there first to determine what NOT to introduce.

27 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

I haven't seen any signs of life from NQ or their CMs regarding anything in that thread for aeons... I've stopped reading and contributing.

I don't even have enough interest left at this point to even theorycraft anymore.

The cynic in me says they look at ideas and players' deepest interests and desires in there and JC uses those hints to design ways to impede players' progress in those areas, since interest in a game leads to playing, which leads to progress, which leads to fervent players doing stuff faster than JC wants, which leads to nerfs.
Thus JC looks there first to determine what NOT to introduce.

If that's the case, there should be an introduction of feature followed by a heavy nerfing patch. To say here you go *smiles*, oh hold on! *NERF*...

JC: Look kids, we built this sweet, sweet mission system that we firmly believe is what the game needs to survive ..

Players: Sure.. but mining is much more lucrative and will offer better and faster progression elsewhere

JC: But we want you to use the mission system, it is what the game needs to survive. We know it's only partially done and we know it's going to take us months to actually make it useful but in the meantime, let's "fix" mining for you.

This thread was not a respectful request to reposition the ideas box Blaze. Pull the other one mate. It was yet another, hardly even veiled, insult at the way a company does their business. It's just so unbelievably boring to keep seeing this fashion of:

'look how bold I am that I openly insult the company on their own forum. I'm such a straight talking, badass, computer game nerd. If they would only let me dictate the future of the game it would stand a chance. But alas, they are all ignorant'

I know the peanut gallery here has seen it all for too long and are never going to be satisfied with what NQ does, I get it. But it is boring. It detracts from all the people's enjoyment who are quite happy with the game and are also happy to let a company do what they want. Maybe I am old fashioned, but when I was a gamer you bought a game in a box from the shop on floppy disc or later CDROM. You didn't get to complain and dictate how the developer should do things. You either liked it, or you put it in the cupboard and learnt your lesson.

It's really simple. If I enjoy the game, I play it. If I do not enjoy it...I stop playing it.

All this corrosive, entitled behaviour is so amazingly boring by now. Posturing about 'how the game is going to fail' because they 'didn't listen to me, John Smith, the computer games design master typing from his bedroom' . I am not having a go at you personally Blaze, got nothing against you at all. I'm just tired of this horseshit attitude from a large section of this forum.

It's just boring. I've only been here a few months and I find it incredibly tedious to see every day.

I am absolutely not surprised that the people actually developing the game ignore us here. 

9 hours ago, blazemonger said:

So, recently NQ decided to move the "Idea Box" forum in the "beta" section here to the very bottom, requiring you to scroll quite a way down to get to it. It's basically been moved well out of sight.

I guess NQ does not just choose to ignore these ideas, they now decided it was time to actually try and shove the option into a corner where it's not so obvious it's there and you need to actually do work to get there..

Where would you like me to put it? Is General a better place in terms of visibility? More than happy to shuffle it. :) 

37 minutes ago, Burble said:

It's just boring. I've only been here a few months and I find it incredibly tedious to see every day.

Boring? Well, I don't think any of the disgruntled complaints are meant to entertain anyone. Perhaps if NQ actually listened in the first place, then people wouldn't sound like broken records, and it wouldn't be "boring."

33 minutes ago, NoRezervationz said:

Boring? Well, I don't think any of the disgruntled complaints are meant to entertain anyone. Perhaps if NQ actually listened in the first place, then people wouldn't sound like broken records, and it wouldn't be "boring."

Usually when someone is obviously not listening to me I take the hint and stop talking.

1 hour ago, Burble said:

I am absolutely not surprised that the people actually developing the game ignore us here. 

15 minutes ago, Burble said:

Usually when someone is obviously not listening to me I take the hint and stop talking.

This should be pinned to each forum section

1 hour ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Where would you like me to put it? Is General a better place in terms of visibility? More than happy to shuffle it. :) 

For me it was fine where it was..  second to top on beta discussion

I guess I'm coming across a bit grumpy on this but I'm not going to lie.. NQ has me on edge with regards to their behavioral patterns.. may be exaggerated, but there it is..  I don't really understand why it had to move to the bottom of the section as IMO it's the most important forum there.

16 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

For me it was fine where it was..  second to top on beta discussion

I guess I'm coming across a bit grumpy on this but I'm not going to lie.. NQ has me on edge with regards to their behavioral patterns.. may be exaggerated, but there it is..  I don't really understand why it had to move to the bottom of the section as IMO it's the most important forum there.

It is important. I'll move it so that it's more visible! It's okay to feel grumpy. As always, I'm here to try to help however I can, even if that ends up being limited sometimes.

Just read this thread and you wonder why they dont listen? The same boring old people, with the same boring old unsubstantiated theories, slapping each other on the back as they theorise the demise of the game.  It is like some neck beard jerk circle.

Cant remember the last positive thing I have read from 80% of the posters in here, getting very tiresome now.  Ever thought of either getting behind the game or leaving to play something else.  Lets face it, none of you are here for anything else but to put people off the game. 

On 2/4/2021 at 4:34 PM, NoRezervationz said:

Listen to me, listen to me, or I will tell everyone how I dont like your game!  Self entitlement at its greatest.

36 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Cant remember the last positive thing I have read from 80% of the posters in here, getting very tiresome now.  Ever thought of either getting behind the game or leaving to play something else.  Lets face it, none of you are here for anything else but to put people off the game. 

On surface you right -- forum (Discord to some extent) now filled with quite unpleasant reading (and -- obviously -- irrelevant in wider picture). Even more, I think, most of reasonably self-critical "usual suspects" will agree. I myself want to see more reasons to have positive discussions.

Yet, your logic is deeply flawed. 

Exact reason why people still wasting their energy here is because they care about game (granted -- now in quite bad way). Speaking of "to put off" -- no, most of this people in question in some point were (or still) seriously involved with game, invited a lot of friends (some even bought them copies) etc, made organizations, content. So they contibuted to survival of game. Its not some band of whiney degenerates who hates game and scares away newbies. No, mostly its ok productive people in bad mood, totaly targed audience playerbase.

Root cause of this, that 99% start from quite reasonable critics, ideas (not doom and gloom), but NQ quite miserably fails to manage this, channel such energies if not on something useful, then at least harmless. With growth of frustration, overall negativity grows too, eventualy to ugly forms we observe daily.  

In this light I constantly deeply questioning overall CMing strategy of this project.

I appreciate what you are saying and the way you have written it. I have been following these forums for a year or more now before becoming a subscriber. At times I considered not bothering just because of the forum negativity. I am glad I did because the game is fun if you like building and creative outlets.

If what you are saying is true, that people do love the game and care about it, then I wish people would stop turning away potential subscribers.

What I see from most people is immature and disrespectful behaviour. 

'I didn't get what I wanted from the game so I am going to make special effort, even take time out of my real life, just to further damage a new developer's reputation before they have a chance to reach full potential.'

1 hour ago, Burble said:

What I see from most people is immature and disrespectful behaviour. 

Being impolite and disrespectful isn't great.

I've done very poorly with being positive at times, but have tried to improve -- I haven't commented much recently beyond an extremely long and boring rant about GDPR and privacy. 

You don't have to like DU or NQ, but if you're going to criticize, at least make a reasonable point. Don't direct anger at the poor CMs who probably definitely don't get paid enough to deal with a bunch of misplaced anger. 

On 2/4/2021 at 10:15 AM, NQ-Naunet said:

It is important. I'll move it so that it's more visible! It's okay to feel grumpy. As always, I'm here to try to help however I can, even if that ends up being limited sometimes.

For real, Naunet is doing a great job -- she might not respond to every post, but she reads a whole mess of negativity all the time and is still polite and positive. Give her a break.

At the end of the day, it is just a game for us. It's Naunet's job and no one should be talking crap about the job she's doing. 

2 hours ago, Moosegun said:

The same boring old people, with the same boring old unsubstantiated theories, slapping each other on the back as they theorise the demise of the game.  It is like some neck beard jerk circle.

So maybe if you want people to be more positive you should resist the phrase "neck beard circle jerk"...? Just saying lol....

People are entitled to an opinion, especially about a freakin' video game they've paid for...there's nothing "entitled" about expressing your thoughts on a public forum where the whole point is to collect feedback and opinions. Actual entitlement is treating people like a jerk and acting self-righteous about it. 

Anyway....looking forward to 0.24 lol. 

49 minutes ago, michaelk said:

So maybe if you want people to be more positive you should resist the phrase "neck beard circle jerk"...? Just saying lol....

Funniest line on this forum for decades and you know it..........  I am all about the laughs.

And yes, you have tried to improve, so how about we all do that, how about we all just focus on the positives and the potential for at least one more patch!  I am really enjoying the game again, I see some light at the end of the tunnel and I hope GOD DAMN IT, it is not a train.......

Oh and as for people talking about the games they paid for, the majority of the people posting here have had their pound of flesh and some.