Trying to insert lists and get them back from databases

darrck

Hi, I'm working on a script to count and display the number of laps made by different players in a race. I rapidly found out that the one programing board was infact multiple as it was run localy by all the players (when I start it I'm the only one who sees it as started) and therefore I tried using a database to sync them all up.

I have an array full of ints and I'm trying to write functions that would help me get those in and ou the database (The problem only accurs when I try to get my arrays back) my script allways gets shutdown by the game for some reason (it's not a script error but a cpu overload or smth).

so there's the code if annyone got some time to lose trying to help me:

function insertIntArrayToDB(startKey,array)
    i = 1
    while i <= #array do
        db.setIntValue(i+startKey-1, array[i])
    i = i + 1
    end
end

function getIntArrayFromDB(startKey) --we supose there's an unused key after the array
    i = startKey
    arrayToFill = {}
    while db.hasKey(i) do
        table.insert(arrayToFill,db.getIntValue(i))
        i=i+1
    end
    return arrayToFill
end

array={2,4,8,16,32,128}
insertIntArrayToDB(0,array)
backArray = getIntArrayFromDB(0)
system.print(backArray) --btw printing arrays in chat doesn't work 

On 2/4/2021 at 2:19 AM, fiddlybits said:

db.hasKey(i) returns 0 or 1 rather than true/false. In lua 0 is a true value, so this while loop never ends. It should work if you change this line to: while db.hasKey(i) == 1 do ...

damn didn't see that one coming .... btw i found another way to deal with that but my race software broke anyways (2 players wen trough at near the exact same time and editing a db while reading it never goes well ....)