Bug list

Gottchar

On 2/24/2021 at 8:18 AM, Distinct Mint said:

You have the ore gained as "1% per level so up to 5%" for this dredger mining talent. This is wrong. AFAIK no-one has collected and reported (see above link) actual data on this except for me and billy boola. There is ZERO ore added, not 1%. At least make your list accurate or you are defeating the point in having it!

I have one to add for the long tutorial.  

Once the tutorial takes you outside and shows you teleporters to the other starter zones, if you click one of the teleporters, your waypoint is messed up when you come back (all the way at the top of a building), and the tutorial prompt is to go to the "institute teleporter."  I went to the institute teleporter and there is no way to get this prompt off my screen now.  

On 3/21/2021 at 12:27 AM, Distinct Mint said:

You have the ore gained as "1% per level so up to 5%" for this dredger mining talent. This is wrong. AFAIK no-one has collected and reported (see above link) actual data on this except for me and billy boola. There is ZERO ore added, not 1%. At least make your list accurate or you are defeating the point in having it!

Sorry your highness for only doing this in my free time to your benefit to the best of my abilities and not better. But yes, I will change it.

I see people report it isnt working, when I still had the talent it didnt add 20% like my 4 points should have given but I was of course unable to measure precisely. According to the DU twitter it was nerfed, not disabled. So it took the info in that twitter conversation which was a reduction to 1% per level.

7 hours ago, Gottchar said:

Sorry your highness for only doing this in my free time to your benefit to the best of my abilities and not better. But yes, I will change it.

I see people report it isnt working, when I still had the talent it didnt add 20% like my 4 points should have given but I was of course unable to measure precisely. According to the DU twitter it was nerfed, not disabled. So it took the info in that twitter conversation which was a reduction to 1% per level.

Ok fair enough, but my first post in this thread was on 24th Feb - it was clearly not a matter of your free time (which I acknowledge you have put into this thread), so I reposted to avoid misinformation spreading further.

5 hours ago, Distinct Mint said:

Ok fair enough, but my first post in this thread was on 24th Feb - it was clearly not a matter of your free time (which I acknowledge you have put into this thread), so I reposted to avoid misinformation spreading further.

that I get, changed it to what I think is safe to say for now.

On 2/2/2021 at 10:04 PM, XKentX said:

Rate of fire skills work opposite: as you learn the skill you fire slower.

T5 radars not affected by handling skills

supposed to be fixed now, can you confirm?

On 2/23/2021 at 3:11 PM, ELX987 said:

-radar lua function of fetching target world pos returns to 0.0 coords

this still in?

On 2/23/2021 at 3:11 PM, ELX987 said:

-when departing a ship, any linked containers will disconnect and reconnect in the span of 10 seconds

fixed, because you are just generally not linked anymore if you move your ship, hurray!

Other than that, updated list, likely missed a few of the new ones, will add over the next days.

Market UI related :

- adjusting a price changes 1st digit and then puts cursor at end of the number so if you want to change a price you first to 1 delete and then a number of backspaces

-no longer able to create a selling order from the market screen if you have the item in your linked container (quantity is stuck at zero)

3 hours ago, Nodles said:

Market UI related :

- adjusting a price changes 1st digit and then puts cursor at end of the number so if you want to change a price you first to 1 delete and then a number of backspaces

-no longer able to create a selling order from the market screen if you have the item in your linked container (quantity is stuck at zero)

cursor jump already in, adding the other

11 hours ago, SpiceRub said:

Did they backtrack this fix? I went past the release notes, the the fire rate talent being fixed isn't there anymore.

I don't know, I barely login nowdays. Playing "guess the bug" is not fun.

Asked ally mate in discord to check it out and he said its still broken.

Just went through it to check validity of the bugs, fixed a few typos, formating, added rate of fire back.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, XKentX said:

Playing "guess the bug" is not fun.

I think "learn a talent for days to check if you are now worse and unable to undo it" is an even better game. Testing talents is a huge pain in the ass in this game, unless you have taken them already anyway.

Could you please add the date you edited/checked the list on the first post, somewhere in the beginning, so it's clear for everyone that it is newly updated.

The second post seems obsolete as it probobly was intended to do just that but not being used. And you want the information in the beginning so you know it's worth reading and not skipping to the last page.

Great job!!!

On 5/4/2021 at 1:55 PM, Vargen said:

Could you please add the date you edited/checked the list on the first post, somewhere in the beginning, so it's clear for everyone that it is newly updated.

The second post seems obsolete as it probobly was intended to do just that but not being used. And you want the information in the beginning so you know it's worth reading and not skipping to the last page.

hope this is better now.

Also added industry talents not being applied with rightclick functionality

23 hours ago, Gottchar said:

biggest patch bug wise today, sweet!

Did they fix "Pending Operation" nightmare?  I'm at the end of my rope on that one, breaks the game for me if I can't mine for materials to build or space-bucks to buy....

1 hour ago, Jizzlobber said:

Did they fix "Pending Operation" nightmare?  I'm at the end of my rope on that one, breaks the game for me if I can't mine for materials to build or space-bucks to buy....

Nope, that is not a bug, it is just their server not being able to handle the amount of re-writes per second, to save the "map" again and again with the changes made.

You dig, your client sends info to server like "hey, this piece of dirt is missing now", server says "wait little client, the moment I have written this down you are allowed to continue". And there is a queue to wait for that.

3 minutes ago, Gottchar said:

Nope, that is not a bug, it is just their server not being able to handle the amount of re-writes per second, to save the "map" again and again with the changes made.

You dig, your client sends info to server like "hey, this piece of dirt is missing now", server says "wait little client, the moment I have written this down you are allowed to continue". And there is a queue to wait for that.

I understand the process, but what I don't understand is how the game is supposed to function under those circumstances.  The last time I logged in, it took me nearly an hour to dig 100m - 150m down; target depth was around 1000m which would have taken me all day.  I counted 20+ "Pending Operations" just to pull one scoop of useless soil out of my way in one instance.  This isn't the norm, nor can it be. 

It's absurd..... and it only ever started two patches ago for me so it isn't like this is an issue that has plagued me from the start, this is a recent development for me.  2-3 months of smooth sailing before this crap.  

2 hours ago, Jizzlobber said:

I understand the process, but what I don't understand is how the game is supposed to function under those circumstances.  The last time I logged in, it took me nearly an hour to dig 100m - 150m down; target depth was around 1000m which would have taken me all day.  I counted 20+ "Pending Operations" just to pull one scoop of useless soil out of my way in one instance.  This isn't the norm, nor can it be. 

It's absurd..... and it only ever started two patches ago for me so it isn't like this is an issue that has plagued me from the start, this is a recent development for me.  2-3 months of smooth sailing before this crap.  

That's about when they did the voxel optimization and I think they said this could be a side effect until they improve it. I certainly wouldn't accept it as the norm.