How to Sell Ships in RDMS

Dinklage

Because of the RDMS system, I've lost two ships so far. Obviously something I don't understand.

At present, I would like to be able to sell the ships I design. I do not understand how to do this, and now can't afford to "experiment" with throwaway ships and/or alt accounts.

Can anyone help me understand how to sell ships?

I'm not a ship seller, but what RDMS settings are you trying to add to your sold ships? When I've purchased ships in the passed, the sellers would just use 'Construct token' and then trade the token to me for the sale price. As far as I know, it wasn't necessary to have special RDMS settings on the ships. 

Another option is to just use a dispenser to handle the transaction. Using the dispenser you can set the price, include a blueprint and all of the materials needed to build it. Then just have buyers purchase the blueprint/parts and deploy the ship themselves.

I'm not trying to add anything.

I'd like to sell ships the way I perceive others do or the way ships should normally be sold: With the ability of the customer to use the ship, to add and subtract elements, to add or change control scripts, but not to be able to make a blueprint of the ship or essentially steal the design.

Whenever I deploy any construct, RDMS is disabled. I never used it or created any tags or policies with it because I don't understand any of that. However, when it was enabled, I created a construct key from a tokenized ship which I designed, and my subsequent attempts to use the construct key resulted in an error. Attempts to untokenize the ship resulted in an error. This happened twice. I have a construct key in my inventory from that period which cannot be deleted. Two ships were lost.

Hence, I am at a place in the game where I have absolutely no idea how to sell ships using the RDMS system and cannot afford to "experiment" with the system lest I lose more ships and resources.

It sounds like you might be using a DRM-free Core Blueprint to deploy. When I deploy a ship, DRM is on everything. I manually go to each programming board, control unit, and screen and right-click disable DRM on the element, not the construct. I then wait for a client, then tokenize and trade. The client can edit the boards/screens/chair as they see fit but still cannot copy voxels, AFAIK.

6 hours ago, PsychoSlaughter said:

It sounds like you might be using a DRM-free Core Blueprint to deploy. When I deploy a ship, DRM is on everything. I manually go to each programming board, control unit, and screen and right-click disable DRM on the element, not the construct. I then wait for a client, then tokenize and trade. The client can edit the boards/screens/chair as they see fit but still cannot copy voxels, AFAIK.

I'm not. Every dynamic element I deploy does not have DRM. I haven't deployed any ships from a blueprint. My question is about how to sell ships I design from scratch.

On 2/2/2021 at 11:52 PM, Dinklage said:

I'm not. Every dynamic element I deploy does not have DRM. I haven't deployed any ships from a blueprint. My question is about how to sell ships I design from scratch.

Right click on the construct, then go to advanced and finaly select tokenize construct.
It will create a key that you give to your customer when you make the transaction. Once on his inventory (inventory must be unliked to any other containers), he'll be able to use the key the same way you deploy a construct thru a bp. Tokenized construct have a limited time life (one hr afaik) so your customer must deploy it as soon as he get the key.

8 hours ago, AlexRingess said:

Right click on the construct, then go to advanced and finaly select tokenize construct.
It will create a key that you give to your customer when you make the transaction. Once on his inventory (inventory must be unliked to any other containers), he'll be able to use the key the same way you deploy a construct thru a bp. Tokenized construct have a limited time life (one hr afaik) so your customer must deploy it as soon as he get the key.

Yes, I've done that, and as I explained earlier, this resulted in the loss of one ship. The key could not be transferred or used, and resulted in an error message onscreen whenever such was attempted.

My subscription ends in a few days. Good luck DU!