[Guidelines] Public Test Server Feedback

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

Thanks, is there a functional teleporter to this institute district somewhere, or would I just need to travel there?

As far as I'm aware only districts 1-10 have teleporters between them.

They also have an "institute district teleporter", but those don't work.

I'll have to look into that institute district teleporter.

However yes, other than on Alioth (which has its teleporter at the dispenser institutes), you will find a small console with buttons that will teleport you to Market 1 of each major planet in the system, and also 3 platforms on the edge of the safe zone where you can build and experiment with ships in space and pvp.

The location of this teleporter on Alioth is at: 

::pos{0,2,29.2626,94.9228,289.0562}

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried out the challenge feature in the surrogate VR pod on the PTS and I do like where that is headed providing a way to entertain people with little missions in a separate VR world. Sadly it was not wonderfully amusing as I know how to fly, but I like to see if it leads to NQ designed PvP mission challenges to provide people with the PvE itch that they may want to scratch. I had a glitch where I put 3 of the products into the delivery container at the delivery platform and it did not register as being completed, but I continued on with the rest and it was slightly amusing at least. Proof that you can do this is there in PTS and I hope this continues with  a team of individuals who design these challenges. A good idea would be to give more money depending on how fast people complete them in and would provide even more entertainment so that people will want to come back for more to get the best time and bragging rights. Please continue to work on these challenges and hopefully maybe have NQ designed VR arenas for PvP fun later on as was once mentioned by JC in the past as a potential gameplay feature. One last thing with the one challenge on the PTS right now is if they can make a way to go to the next pickup location without going up to the delivery point so you can try to pick up everything in one go would be helpful. Thanks NQ and I hope this can help in some way with this feature.

• 5 months later...
  • Mining units
  • Small speed of mining. I realy like idea that minig on planets is slow, it actually allow for NQ to control amount of ore in game. And amount of ore in pvp / safe zone by adjusting asteroids. 
  • I prefer to ever more slow mining by mining units

English (deepl used)

Since the search function didn't get me anywhere, a few questions about the current PTS.

1. I understood from the video that all Tier 1 and Tier 2 ores can be mined on the Sanctuary Moon. But in the PTS only Tier 1 ores can be mined with the "Mining Unit" at the moment. Tier 2 ores can only be obtained by collecting stones.
    The question is: Will this remain the same in the live version? (hopefully not)
  2. In the new scans there is no indication of the amount of ore as an absolute value.
    The question is: Are the resources endless from Demeter onwards?
  3. The bonus from adjacent "tiles" remains active even if they have not been paid for.
    The question is: Should this be the case and how long is this "tile" then blocked for others?
  4. At the "mining units" there is a display about the progress within one hour.
    The question is: Can we see the efficiency percentages instead, since the current information is less relevant?
  5. Question: Will Thoramine be mined and displayed from Demeter with "Mining Units" Tier 5? Or will it no longer be relevant in the game?

German (original)

Da die Suchfunktion mich nicht weitergebracht hat, einige Fragen zum aktuellen PTS.

1. Im Video habe ich verstanden, dass auf dem Sanctuary Mond alle Tier 1 und Tier 2 Erze abgebaut werden können. Aber im PTS lassen sich momentan nur Tier 1 Erze mit der "Mining-Unit" abbauen. Die Tier 2 Erze sind nur durch sammeln von Steinen zu bekommen.
    Die Frage ist: Bleibt dieses auch in der Liveversion so? (hoffentlich nicht)
  2. In den neuen Scans ist keine Angabe der Erzmengen als absoluter Wert drin.
    Die Frage ist: Sind ab Demeter die Ressourcen endlos?
  3. Der Bonus durch angrenzende "Tiles" bleibt auch aktive, wenn diese nicht bezahlt wurden.
    Die Frage ist: Soll das so sein und wie lange ist dieses "Tile" dann für andere gesperrt?
  4. An den "Mining-Units" ist eine Anzeige über den Fortschritt innerhalb einer Stunde.
    Die Frage ist: Können wir stattdessen die Effizienzprozente sehen, da die jetzige Information weniger relevant ist.
  5. Frage: Wird Thoramine ab Demeter mit "Mining-Units" Tier 5 abgebaut und angezeigt? Oder wird es im Spiel nicht mehr relevant sein?

Die Waldfee

Edited by huschhusch
Mir ist da noch was eingefallen

• 4 months later...

if you want to have large/multicrew ships give us a way to improve shield health on them (for every gunner/active seat) one shield more or smt like this. (even if it is temporary until you have a better idea)

let docket cores be protected as long as the carrier(parent ship) still has shield life, would make carriers more attractive ==> more life.

and the station shield is way to weak, it will die to fast right now and only allow construct take over after the pvp timer is over.

Edited by Skeletmaster

I am seeing the static construct Blueprint deployment that shows the construct before deployment. Thank you!!! This is amazing!! Will help alot of players to deploy their constructs way much easier!!!

Although i do notice the structures still have the tilt. As i see with a L Core it has over a 2 voxel tilt across the front

The only other down fall is i have a deployment tool for people to help deploy blueprints by allowing them to line up the front with existing structures. With the new Blueprint view this will effect being able to line up with a tool as now the floor of the Static Blueprint now visually covers the tool purpose. 

I found a possible solution to help with this for lining up Blueprints and am working on it. 

I personally love being able to see the Blueprint structure before deploying 

> [Lua] [int] getUtcOffset(): Return the time offset between local timezone and UTC

Why int? There are timezones that differ from utc not by integer number of hours. Like in Nepal timezone is UTC +5:45 NPT... So, it should be 5.75, but not 5 or 6

On 11/7/2021 at 12:21 AM, Haku0814 said:

I have a question for everyone on PTS, if setting your skills to 0 for mining, how much can you mine in an hour?

liters per hour = base rate (L) * efficiency% * adjust% * calibration%.

Talents are for changing those numbers, - you see numbers - calculate - you know.

Edited by m0rrtson

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Weapon Changes
  • Normalizing all weapons is a step in the completely wrong direction. We want variance in ship builds, not just weapon looks. We want them to perform different, be used in different manners. The pvp roundtable said everything was all shoved into one bucket. The changes made on the PTS shove it even more into one bucket, you can just change your weapons a little bit to have a different name.

• In order to properly add some spice to pvp, we need greater variation(in numbers but not choices), BUT range is not one of those factors. Range completely negates all other forms of variables (damage/aiming/etc) because if the opposition can't hit you, then you will eventually win. I think range needs to be normalized and everything else needs changing. Since weight is the overall factor of how ships perform, perhaps it needs to play in more for certain types.  Between weapons, Ammo, Shields, there's too many seperated variables to balance, it needs to be simplified.
  • Normalize all ranges PER weapon type.
  • Remove multiple variables overlapping on weapons and ammo.
  • Weapon variable = tracking, cone, or capacity cost.
  • Ammo variable = reload or damage.
  • Larger ships are currently not viable because of the miss chance on bigger weapons, because everything is based on weapon size vs cross section, there is no real point on going medium or large. The range difference just leads to the smaller ship catching up to the more weighted/slower ship and losing due to the drastic gap in hit chance. So a solution to this is to revisit hit chance for weapons scaling up to large.
  • Shields - Currently they have a static amount per size. A huge change that may affect all of this, is giving shields bonuses based on the honeycomb. This could be straight HP or also resistances. I would think you would make a maximum based on core size, or have a degrading slope to the bonus per honeycomb. This will also alleviate all the ships with no honeycomb in pvp and could spur up some cool designs.

I'd love feedback, or workshopping on any of these ideas, feel free to take them to any future roundtables. I would love to see a more open discussion, rather than just listening, because it doesn't really seem like you understood what was being said fully.

Hi there me and some others tested PTS Yesterday so maybe some similar sounding Feedback comes in.

• Maintance Unit
  • Working Fine Dismanteling an own Static L Core 12hours maybe a bit high but ok and working fine. But maybe it not helps if you want to dismantle a building on an other Players HQ Tile after the 90 Days Timer runs out if there was a machine still running or a container with stuff or schematics in it if the player can´t reach it if its buried under dirt.
  • Repairing Ships with Scrap and Elements works fine.  But on this the Tile Owner need at least the rights for moving dynamic Construts that are being repaired/dismantled even if it ends in an abort of the repair or dismantle process. Me and some others think it maybe can end in Mass Trolling for example a Random Player could block your entrance or parking area by parking a Dynamic Core L Infront or ontop of it and start a repair on this construct with an other L Core Ship.Then noone can move that L Core until the Maintance Unit get stopped so it could be ending in an endless repair loop to blocking Static/Dynamic Constructs so at least the Tile Owner still needs the power to move that Constructs to stop the Maintance Unit.
  • So needed Improvement is at least that the Tile owner still need to have full Power to move on all Dynamic Constructs on his own Tile to prevent trolling.  

• Schematic Container
  • Seems To Working Fine, but sometimes it looks you can only look into it if you make a linked container out of it on PTS.  Actually it looks that the schematic bank of the Machines are in first use and not the Schematics in the schematic container so there were no Reserve Possible atm but at the beginning it is fine that we not need to collect all schematics out of the Machines.
  • Improvement needed/wanted from me and some others if possibel and Option in the Settings Menu for switching Use of First Schematics direction.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Option1 : First use the Schematics in the Machine until its Empty then use Schematics out                                                                       of the Schematic Container.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Option2 : First Use Schematics in the Schematic Container until its empty then use                                              Schematics out of the Machine so that the Schematics in the Machine could be                                  used as a Reserve Schematic Bank if wanted. 

But at all it looks like a really nice Update which will bring a lot of Fun to the Game and finally makes things easier then overcomplicated. Thanks for making this Update.

best regards

Corgan7

Edited by Corgan7