Day & Night cycle length

Hazaatan

5 hours for the complete rotation (day + night). The sun is part of the skybox and revolves around the planets so all planets and moons have the same cycle.

Also, the sun position is based on your local system time when you start the game. If you want to change from day to night or vice versa, shut the game all the way down, change your system clock by 2.5 hours and restart. (I assume this will be changed before TW or TW will be a complete CF).

Does anyone know if there is a season cycle, too?  Like, does the skybox axis change over the year?

We have a tile at the North Pole of Sanctuary. I distinctly remember building in darkness for much of the time when we moved here at the beginning of the Balpha (as I have decided to call it), but now it is light for much of the time...

Yes indeed there is a seasonal cycle. This can be better seen if you are closer to the poles of a planet.
It takes around one and a half months of actual real time (aprox.) to go through the whole cycle.
For example you could have 24 hours of light at some point in time, with the sun position changing gradually to 24 hours of darkness, during a 1.5 month period.