How many missions will I have to do to afford Schematics that people got at no cost?

Del

That depends on how much you can get per mission: I'm going to be optimistic and assume it's roughly as much money per hour as mining, which is doubtful already. If a player who started when beta launched (~5 months ago) spent all their money in the 15 minute window when everything was going for 1% of the cost, you would need to do 500 months, or ~42 years, of missions to catch up to them.

So that's the answer. 42 years. Guess it really was the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

1 minute ago, Burble said:

Why not ask the guy with 112 to sell you one cheap? I'm pretty sure that is what he will be offering. Consider it black market.

Unlikely.  Selling them like that is not a very bright thing to do (mind you, buying 112 of them isn't all that clever either).  If there are 112 people making these there will be almost no profit in selling them.  You'd want to keep them for a while so you can built beacons and sell them at a big markup then sell the schematic later when the proffit starts to drop off ...

Say they sell 100 of the schematics at 400M each...

400,000,000 x 100 = 40,000,000,000 ℏ..   not too shabby.

To put it in perspective, if you are somehow making 40,000,000 ℏ per day by hard graft, 7 days a week,  it would take you just shy of 3 years to earn the same amount of money as them simply shifting 100 products at 40% the going NQ market rate.

As NQ suggest: Nothing to see here, move along.

Although with that money they will lose interest in the game far sooner than someone who has to work for what they want. It's basic psychology, when something is too easy it becomes unattractive.

I would bet that 80% of those schematics remain in a container somewhere for the rest of their life.

2 hours ago, Burble said:

Although with that money they will lose interest in the game far sooner than someone who has to work for what they want.

Maybe for somebody who just want to make money. But for somebody who wants to control the markets 40,000,000,000 ℏ is just the beginning.

5 hours ago, Burble said:

Why not ask the guy with 112 to sell you one cheap? I'm pretty sure that is what he will be offering. Consider it black market.

yeah they are already on the site which we may not name but what is not being taken care of

5 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Say they sell 100 of the schematics at 400M each...

400,000,000 x 100 = 40,000,000,000 ℏ..   not too shabby.

To put it in perspective, if you are somehow making 40,000,000 ℏ per day by hard graft, 7 days a week,  it would take you just shy of 3 years to earn the same amount of money as them simply shifting 100 products at 40% the going NQ market rate.

As NQ suggest: Nothing to see here, move along.

This.. pretty much..

But math is hard and realizing what lasting impact these things can have is not easy when you have a handful of players to satisfy.. 

Worst part is that it will happen again as it is the general MO of NQ to ignore these things

3 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

yeah they are already on the site which we may not name but what is not being taken care of

Indeed..

7 hours ago, Del said:

How many missions will I have to do to afford Schematics that people got at no cost?

Thing is, list to... compare affordability with "honest gameplay" is much longer.

1) Free end-game stuff from first seeding of wrecks (likely with help of leaked locations).

2) Initial T5 rush, granted, demanded some work, but overall dodgy (in balance terms) money. 

3) Profit from all sorts of dupes/bug uses/who knows what at begining, while extent unclear (people are less talkative about this, obviously), yet lack of any prosecution and NQ clumsy attemt to do "amnesty" quite telling.

4) All sort of mass manipulating exploit-tricks, that allowed fat cats to transport immense loads almost for free.

5) Honeycomb moonshining, while less "criminal", product of bad game disign, NQ allowed for very long time (hundreds of billions were made).

6) ATV leaks prior 0.23, people made billions by speculative selling/buying with inside.

7) Accounts manipulations (separate topic).

9) Now this thing with schematics...

0) Also my personal observation (based on info I have on not_on_camera level), NQ ultra-hesitant to crack down on economical crime involving whole organizations (especialy bigger and established ones), because its very hard to distinguish guilty smartasses from honest low-rank peons (who in way used as "hostages" intentionaly). And, obviously, orgs, if cornered, can produce immense ammount of PR stink in relatiation. So they mostly not bothered, as long they do their thing within basic stealth mode.

Important part, that all this developments are not freak isolated accidents in terms of consequences -- they have obvious cumulative effect with involvment of pretty much same people, who use money and resources from previous "dirty money" stage they participated to make more money abusing next weak spot in fabric of tech side and balance.

And answer is -- never, if you play by the book. But, if you be in right place, time and... moral flexability to use next NQ muck up, some catch -up totaly possible! So stay tuned.

Looks like you only have to bury the mission container more than 2km in the ground and you can make 'free' collateral money. So make some juicy collateral rewards and you have your money in no time. Why the delivery is not bound to the tile is beyond me. Well I guess this is still in progress. 

1 hour ago, Casegard said:

Looks like you only have to bury the mission container more than 2km in the ground and you can make 'free' collateral money. So make some juicy collateral rewards and you have your money in no time. Why the delivery is not bound to the tile is beyond me. Well I guess this is still in progress. 

Wait, is it already out?

It's still not anywhere near as serious as people think. I'm not defending anyone, or any NQ choices. But this is just getting way out of proportion. From the way it appears, every single player in here has just finally purchased their warp beacon schematic after years of gruelling labour and now the game is ruined for everybody. It sucks that a small handful of people feel like what they achieved has been minimised. But the warp beacon schematic thing is really no where near as bad as people want to believe.

There is no way that he is going to find 100 people with 400 million to blow on a schematic.

2 minutes ago, Burble said:

It's still not anywhere near as serious as people think.

Rule is broken, nothing is done.  potential impact or no impact does not really matter in this.

there should have been consequenses.

It has been more entertaining watching NQ ruin their game than actually playing their game post schematics. NQ just trying to make the rest of the player base slaves to their hundred or so backers that NQ warned about schematics so they could stockpile. I wouldn't doubt the prices were lowered deliberately so their friends could get their factories back going... The biggest dumpster fire Alpha i've ever been witness to.

16 hours ago, Eternal said:

You don't have an economy in this game man, you got oligarchy! 

Why and why would I participate in the economy and produce if the system that we have is oligarchic anyway? 

This isn't currently true. There are too few ways for players to exert control over each other, the ore that most players have use for is still plentiful and the player base isn't large enough for a group to rule over large portions of the economy. There's some market manipulation currently, but it's really small.