DU Improvements

Anauine

Add Territory Units to map menu so i can set way points. 

Separate Construct/Ships in Map menu. 

Bookmarks/Constructs/Ships should always be sorted by closest distant or add a filter so I can pick to show by planet, distant, org, or by player. 

If I'm on my ship and the game crashes for whatever reason I should be placed back in my seat if the seat is not in use. 

Constructs at markets should be compacted after x days and can only be re-deployed in the same area where it was compacted. 

If advertisement is the goal at markets have players pay for advertisement spots at markets and only allow 1 advertisement per org or player. Have players be able to outbid advertisement spots at markets. 

Enable better notification or a better system to allow docking. For example, in my ship if I hit P it will notify me or display that I am now docked to X ship and to hit P again to undock. 

Expand parking at markets and charge people quanta for parking. If they don't want to pay have them park on the grass. 

Be able to search scanner results in inventory by Planet. 
Have a bag/separate tab for territory scans in the inventory menu.
Create/Separate Public/NQ Support channel in game. Everyone talking in the support channel makes it hard for people trying to talk to NQ in-game.

Make it possible to narrow the  ore scanner to just the node your currently on. This could be a toggle option.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:16 AM, Anauine said:

Add Territory Units to map menu so i can set way points. 

Separate Construct/Ships in Map menu. 

Bookmarks/Constructs/Ships should always be sorted by closest distant or add a filter so I can pick to show by planet, distant, org, or by player. 

If I'm on my ship and the game crashes for whatever reason I should be placed back in my seat if the seat is not in use. 

Constructs at markets should be compacted after x days and can only be re-deployed in the same area where it was compacted. 

If advertisement is the goal at markets have players pay for advertisement spots at markets and only allow 1 advertisement per org or player. Have players be able to outbid advertisement spots at markets. 

Enable better notification or a better system to allow docking. For example, in my ship if I hit P it will notify me or display that I am now docked to X ship and to hit P again to undock. 

Expand parking at markets and charge people quanta for parking. If they don't want to pay have them park on the grass. 

These are some really good idea's. Compacting ships after x time though should not happen. This is exploitable. For instance if I want to transport a fleet of ships I just park them all at a market until they are compacted and you can fly them anywhere in your tiny space speeder.

23 hours ago, Greviouss said:

this would answer all the parking at market and clutter issues

i agree with your map updates, those would b nice

A parking fee is probably a much better solution to the parking problem including the advertisement. This way you pay for the advertisement. But I don't think you should get a message every 15min after parking at a market. Maybe just once and then have the option to not show this anymore. Then you just get notifications every time a market fee is paid as long as your construct is parked at a market. If you have docked constructs they should be ommitted from this fee. I don't think that can be exploited.

Another thing to consider is starting players that are just learning to build their speeder might need more leniency when it comes to parking fees at the market. Perhaps they should not pay a parking fee for the first 2 weeks or a much lower fee in a way that is not confusing when that fee switches to normal.

Last Oasis has a lobby, offline lobby where a player can log out his ship for as long as he want. I believe NQ should take into consideration an Alioth-Offline-Lobby session where they can put there abandoned ships found near markets, with owner that have inactive accounts.

2 hours ago, Serula said:

These are some really good idea's. Compacting ships after x time though should not happen. This is exploitable. For instance if I want to transport a fleet of ships I just park them all at a market until they are compacted and you can fly them anywhere in your tiny space speeder.

A parking fee is probably a much better solution to the parking problem including the advertisement. This way you pay for the advertisement. But I don't think you should get a message every 15min after parking at a market. Maybe just once and then have the option to not show this anymore. Then you just get notifications every time a market fee is paid as long as your construct is parked at a market. If you have docked constructs they should be ommitted from this fee. I don't think that can be exploited.

Another thing to consider is starting players that are just learning to build their speeder might need more leniency when it comes to parking fees at the market. Perhaps they should not pay a parking fee for the first 2 weeks or a much lower fee in a way that is not confusing when that fee switches to normal.

The point is to keep the market platform clear of inactive constructs,

and im sure that if you dont physically ping for presence people will abuse it,

and if you give them a 2 week grace period they will just swap in a new alt every 2 weeks.

besides, I dont get a leeway on parking rights or fees when i visit or move to a new city for a few weeks... do you?

if someone new is learning to build a speeder, one of the first things they will learn is - probably dont do it on the market platform if its gonna take 6 hours :P 

but that said, the inital parking fee for one person to stand around for an hour should not be that expensive, its when u start compounding time and constructs together that 

that price starts to jump up, 1 hour == 10k Q with a compound per hour at ((((hours * 10k) * hours) * core size multiplier) * 2.5 per construct over 1) (including sub docked constructs) 

a new player building a speeder should not have a financial issue with this since they start with 350k (200 inital and 150k daily) injection of funds.

to beat the manipulation of nano magic space transportation - put in a vendor node that you can recover your ship that was towed at that market -

and if you dont tow them away then how does this even remotely keep the platform clear?

and if you dont ping for an active person (ensuring its not someone sleeping with 20 alts standing around) how do you know thier active.

Keep in mind this is supposed to b annoying, and yea 15 minutes sure too short of an iteration, i didnt intend for it to sound like 15 minute iterations,

but after that first 15 minutes, you get the window and can add... 30 mins, 1 hour max to your time. 

Cause again, the idea is to keep the platforms clear.

If your not there, or not actively doing something there then your on the platform and do not need to be.

If people want to make thier own custom market places, do it around the market

theres plenty of equidistant room around the edges of the marketplace for people to set themselves up (not under the marketplace as that should also be a parking meter area)

It would be compacted but you would not be able to deploy them anywhere except the original destination that it was auto compacted. Traveling with your compacted ship would be useless as you would have to go back to the area where it was parked to re-deploy it. 

Territory Scans should have planet inprints on them resulting in easier use access to every user.

For example:

Player x scans on planet Alioth.

The result = a scanner result with a name. Alioth-Scan.

or Midas-Scan.

This gives user better accessibility to compile and sort their scans.

Updates from NQ should be focused on better furthering the ease of access manageability of our current features.

Also, territory scans should be able to be viewed on the map from a linked container, not just your own inventory.

Definitely some nice ideas here. Especially the compact at market and then can only be uncompacted on the same hex, or maybe even an "impound" hex 2 or 3 away from the market, so you have to go there, pay a release fee (dependent on core size and maybe ship weight too) and then it can only be uncompacted on THAT impound hex, no other hex in the entire game.

Most of what is being brought up here has been suggested over an dover and over and over and the again..

NQ is not interested in this at all, they do not have any intention to actually acknowledge the issue because doing so pretty much forces them to address it. And as we know, NQ loves to just not hear things that may mean they need to do work on it when they have no idea how to do that. To them, what they do not acknowledge does not exist.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:26 AM, blazemonger said:

Most of what is being brought up here has been suggested over an dover and over and over and the again..

NQ is not interested in this at all, they do not have any intention to actually acknowledge the issue because doing so pretty much forces them to address it. And as we know, NQ loves to just not hear things that may mean they need to do work on it when they have no idea how to do that. To them, what they do not acknowledge does not exist.

I can agree on that, not only do they have us players, if they "Signed" for any finances, I'm sure that the funder is demanding returns, even if at small amounts. They're priority right now is to make a non-du playing party happy. TBH most investors have no true idea wtf they threw they're investment at only what they were sold. Fairly certain they would love to get things done the way we are saying, at the same time, someone else is demanding progress in a different fashion. Forcing us to the backburner as we pile on suggestions and fixes that are more than likely not going to see the light of day til either after "release" or prior. Just my thoughts.