SILLY small THINGS

Highauger

I HAVE A small NEED.

I love what we can do within our game even with a basic understanding of voxelmancy,  but there comes a scale, at which I find myself struggling to get the small scale finishes I really need.

I believe we need some small decorative elements, mostly 1 block and below sized,  to support our fine detailed projects. These silly trinkets could EACH serve a multitude of purposes. The key to these small elements is that they can be used bear to complex voxels without messing things up. This will give us all some options for the enhancement of the very smallest of our creations.

Some examples

SMALL GOLD BUTTON

door handles, wall studs, statue clothing buttons

STEEL BOLTS

wall reinforcement, mechanical voxel decoration, eeeeverything

MIRRORABLE SCI-FI EYE LENSES

statues, robots, cameras

(bigger, sorry) NOVEAN AND BARE HUMAN SIZE HEADS/TORSO/BODY-SEATED-STANDING

decorative crew

SMALL ARMS

shops, decorative turrets, emplacements, statues

I'm sure I've just touched the surface, and there may be things I haven't considered properly, (like the server load of my 10billion rivet warship) but I really do feel that due to the scale of a person against the 1 block scale leaves us a hole, the  button XS just cannot fill alone.

PLEASE LEAVE ANY IDEAS YOU HAVE FOR SMALL DECORATIVE ITEMS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW, and have a great day.

2 hours ago, Highauger said:

...there may be things I haven't considered properly, (like the server load of my 10billion rivet warship)...

This is the number one issue actually.  In general I agree that there needs to be ways to create more detail (texture painter when?), but large amounts of elements have serious performance issues.  Even non-functional elements (ie, decorations) produce CPU load just by existing; so if you encourage people to use sub-voxel sized elements to decorate, they WILL end up with a 10 billion rivet warship, and they WILL complain about having terrible performance.  Also, having to repair a whole bunch of miniature elements when you crash would be awful.