Discovering or knowing an issue, bug, or exploit and benefiting from it instead of reporting it to Novaquark is forbidden.

Del

NQ does not have a record of being open to continued and public questioning of their management decisions.

NQ is but a mere shadow of the company that said this during their kickstarter campaign:

Absolute transparency about the development progress

Engage with the community and listen to your feedback, with new and innovative ways to get you directly involved in the roadmap decisions.

By now, it's quite clear neither of these is true and NQ has no intention of even trying to change that. I've read a handful of posts in the last three years at least where they say they understand and will do better going forward.. well.. here we are again..

It would appear that our active CMs have already been called back and told to stay away from the forums as they have all but vanished from visibility and I can't see them suddenly change  their open and accessible attitude in such a drastic way themselves. One can only wonder how much JC is aware of any of this and if he is, why he lets it happen.

NQ has had two full days following the weekend to revisit this decision and they have not done so. As far as NQ is concerned, this is a closed matter. They are right, everyone else here is wrong and so we should stop being noisy little brats and be quiet.

Yep, same as the patchnotes,  last notes can only be found on discord while this is the forum where they should be posted.

I dont really like it to find out i need to update DU while nothing is posted here on Patch notes, probably if we really want a response on the market issue we need to overflow discord, twitter or fb but not the official forum. We are being too nice.

22 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

It would appear that our active CMs have already been called back and told to stay away from the forums as they have all but vanished from visibility and I can't see them suddenly change  their open and accessible attitude in such a drastic way themselves. One can only wonder how much JC is aware of any of this and if he is, why he lets it happen.

I have my history of exesses with CMing critics (with things overdone in past), yet I honestly  tempted again to annoy @NQ-Nyzaltar directly and ask him to explain what is general idea and concept of CM operations in this game.

I simply don't understand some things.

1) If CMs only messengers in principle, why so many, 1 responsable guy can make just anouncments when devs ask.

2) If not, why so little live interaction with us?

3) Why CMs like here and next time they just disspear into... depths. First Naerais, then Naunet.

3.1) What they doing in this depths?

4) Why still this aura of secrecy (considering NDA is over and game is fully on public) -- we know almost nothing about development between rare streams, that are not even that good source of info.

4.1) Is this JC's vision to go for such low actual transperancy?

I always have feeling that this... hides some macabre secret of NQ operations.

56 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Please note the word "instead". 

That means that if you report it, you can use it. 

So all you have to do is to open a bug ticket. 

At least by this sentence alone. Maybe some other rule prevents it. 

I like the way you think!!!

Will there truly be no corrective action taken on the schematic Heist? Will NQ truly sit on their hands? I believe that NQ will wipe the servers at launch because they are not enforcing any game rules and dont really care what happens to the server they just cant tell us or we will all stop playing the game. What a pickle to be in 

1 hour ago, Haunty said:

It would be nice if they were more clear, but it's pointless trying to interpret game rules literally, only NQ's interpretation matters

Actually no, NQ set up rules and regulations for the game to be used and is as much bound by them as we are. They have an obligation to uphold them and protect the game's integrity as much as we are to not break them.

The big problem with all this is that seeing how NQ clearly does not care to apply their own ruleset now, what is to say they will in the future and how does that justify them taking any action in similar cases in the future? Anyone can now use them not acting on this as a precedence and defend their future action by referencing this incident.

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

The big problem with all this is that seeing how NQ clearly does not care to apply their own ruleset now

I can think of 3 theories to explain why this happens.

1 - They have already decided on a full wipe for release. So taking measures now would be a waste of resources. 

2 - They dont have the man power or the technical resources to do it.

3 - This is the end. And this things never end nice. 

Whats your opinion? 

6 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

I can think of 3 theories to explain why this happens.

1 - They have already decided on a full wipe for release. So taking measures now would be a waste of resources. 

2 - They dont have the man power or the technical resources to do it.

3 - This is the end. And this things never end nice. 

Whats your opinion? 

i actually start to believe they know we are not capable to reach Tier 4 and 5 progress and they gave us the schematics via market error. There will be wipes but you get all your stuff back. Game is set as: Released and players are joining knowing this status. They know know there will be a fiasco and players will want their subscription money back. Its not that hard to understand the consequences of wiping 1 year form now an active world vs not wiping it. I mean, we are 1 year away from end of beta. Isnt that enough time to achieve greatness ? You have T1-T3 stuff in market. In 3 months you can get anything you want.

And good luck wiping Alioth and those beautiful cities created during years of Alpha :)?

13 hours ago, Elitez said:

i actually start to believe they know we are not capable to reach Tier 4 and 5 progress and they gave us the schematics via market error. ?

Lets fix this:

They gave some chosen individuals we may not name and do not sell for reall cash 200Billion worth of schematics to totally wreck any economy or PVP since the warp is at the present the main reason for missing that totally.

better?

The more basic ships you create, the faster the market will move and the more rewards pvp space. The faster you achieve goals, the happier you will be. I honestly do not care. I Would have cared if those 1-10-100-100b would have popped out of suddenly after Territory Warfare but atm, its useless quanta that will move the market around.

You have New Bot Orders and 10x more inflated quanta. Schematic trick does no harm compared to new wave of bots.

Im not here to test im here to play the game. Im not going to even take the time to report them as in many other games even if you do report bugs or exploits its no guarantee a studio even has time to fix them let alone break more in the process then they fix. In many other games and MMOs the most closely guarded secrets in game are little exploits, cancels, and exploits that actually become more of a feature then a bug. I dont owe NQ anything.