NQ Your lack of action regarding the schematic fiasco is disturbing

bleakcon

On 1/23/2021 at 12:12 PM, bleakcon said:

What follows is perhaps the most critical thing I have said regarding NQ, I don't think it is unfair though.

Ok so my understanding is this: In an effort to fix a issue with pricing on a particular schematic someone managed to somehow set every bot order to about 1/100 of the price it should be selling at. Please let me know if I have missed something.

Now, full disclosure, I wasn't able to gain from this, I wasn't online, I am telling you now I would have taken full advantage of it and anyone who is honest knows they would too.

It might be fair for you to ask me something like "Why are you putting a post up of something you aren't even sure of?".

That question would be fair only up until you realise that nothing is being done about it, with NQ stating they were "to err on the side of caution" whatever that means.

Caution? It's a bit late for that now isn't it? Where was this caution when someone decided to make changes to live servers. I bet there are a ton of engineers and developers playing this game and almost all of them know the cardinal rule: You never, ever, ever mess with production code or data before fully testing it on a representative environment or as close to one as you can get!

By now I suspect many reading this have seen the screenshot of someone holding 112 warp beacon xl schematics, not 1 or 2 but 112, if they also bought the necessary sub components then you are looking at production of an end game item at a scale that just should not be.

NQ, where is the philosophy you so passionately and vocally used to defend the changes made in 0.23? Your insistance that having players being able to run up mega factories is a bad idea? Everything you as a company put out at that time is contradictory to the inaction on this issue.

NQ, how are you meeting the statement you made after 0.23, you remember don't you? The one that stated you would be more communicative, you would test things out more before you rolled them out, what about internally? Did you not learn from the knee jerk reaction that was the talent reset?

NQ, it boggles my mind that you don't see this as a serious problem, it isn't just about those 30 minutes and the minority of players getting a leg up it is about what comes after.

Looking at this selfishly as an example, i mine like a madman for weeks and I finally buy schematics and a warp beacon, i mine more to build the beginnings of a space station, i keep on mining to buy more schematics and before Thursday I at least figured I had made an honest dent into building a foundation in this game; those 30 minutes demolished all that work.

These points don't just apply to me, they apply to any player who wasn't lucky enough to get in on the schematic grab.

Ok ramble over, NQ it is time to point out why this is all quite disturbing to me as a player (i would hope others too):

1. This has demonstrated a severe lack in your processes, you've lost customer confidence

2. Your decision making in the aftermath is abyssmal; your going to do nothing? 

3. The reasoning for your inaction is.....well it isn't reasoning; 'err on the side of caution'.

4. Your inaction points to (from more likely to tinfoil hat):

a. You truly don't see this as a problem and are content to carry on (your wrong, it's more than just the schematics, it is the message you are sending)

b. You now see it as a problem but you can't rollback

c. You always saw it as a problem but you are unable to perform a rollback and you don't want to admit that

d. You intend to wipe

e. This was intentional for the benefit of a group of players (tinfoil yes but it's not the first time a mmo has done this).

5. You either can't trace player transactions or don't have the time to rectify your mistake meaning this is an intensive process.

6. Your communication on this matter has been more pointed to 'stay silent and it will blow over' rather than addressing concerns.

7. Your indiffference to this matter

I like DU, I see the potential, but potential isn't enough, at this point features won't be enough, your team appears to be lacking process, experience or maybe just passion, that or someone is calling the shots and  overriding the devs decisions, this isn't the first simple mistake as a result of quick decision making or poor thought, something needs to change and it needed to change 4 days ago

NQ believes the update was good, and a lot of people think they were good changes as well, which is probably why they won't change it.

3 hours ago, Uajrh1 said:

NQ believes the update was good, and a lot of people think they were good changes as well, which is probably why they won't change it.

What do you think i am referring to? I am referring to the fact they refused to take away schematics that were bought at prices caused by a bug which is clearly something they have said won't be tolerated, yet here we are. 

if you are talking about .23, i dont have an issue with it, i have an issue with inaction which is turning into a bit of a pattern regarding those who take advantage of errors, bugs, exploits.

1 hour ago, bleakcon said:

What do you think i am referring to? I am referring to the fact they refused to take away schematics that were bought at prices caused by a bug which is clearly something they have said won't be tolerated, yet here we are. 

if you are talking about .23, i dont have an issue with it, i have an issue with inaction which is turning into a bit of a pattern regarding those who take advantage of errors, bugs, exploits.

Schematics are just fine. Some lucky industrialists were blessed by the Gods. The others got the 2nd wave of bot orders. Nothing to complain here!