NQ Your lack of action regarding the schematic fiasco is disturbing

bleakcon

23 minutes ago, Gottchar said:

They could also do the equivalent of an expansion in an MMO like WoW. All old stuff stays, but it worth far less because of the good new stuff. 

Yep, initialy i was thinking they going this way, kinda "soft wiping" our money, assets value, ore (like making it more accessable and inflating numbers to make hoards less sweet)... but then, observing 0.23, gone into serious doubts. Because they need to do this ultra-obviously-agressivly to make any serious difference. Billion still billion. 200 k of every T5 in containers -- still 200 k of every T5, fleets of PvP-ready ships still will grind any newbies into dust for months without much reprisal (depends of PvP balance, but still). There is no mild way of "draining" so much of proverbial fat and, most importantly, desire to use it as intended (for advantage) -- people who most obsessed with this most slippery to pin down by clumsy NQ hands.

Sure, they (if go "keep all" way) probably include elements of this, but I still doubt it will be serious gamechanger (balancechanger). So generaly it will be same "scenario 3". But may be you right and NQ pull some interesting balancing. 

NQ does not care. They are counting on retention through allowing accounts to stay active while the game time expired and the new patch bringing enough for those to resub after all.

They do not care at all about backers as their money has been spent and they are pretty much noise and a nuisance now. Personally all I can do is be honest and tell those that ask to not get involved with the game now and wait to see if NQ shows signs of improvement. I'm not so much concerned about the game as I am about the ability for NQ to actually manage expectations and handle incidents in a way that one should be able to expect from a game developer. So far, they have missed the mark regarding that.. by a lot.

The first mission I can think off in this new mission system is to get through to NQ that this sort of reactions are damaging to the community.

Well, i do wish them wisdom and a good solution before the next disaster hits us

probably that the distric 7 seller also has these schematics. and beside these a lot more. its very clear it is no problem for NQ that people make use of exploids and by wonder already had so much cash from that they litterally were able to buy tens of thousands of schematics.

but i guess this ship also has not enough lifeboats for all to escape in.

why do you not think this is bad? 

the fact that NQ's incompetence to allow schematics to sell for so cheap and continued incompetence to not fix what they allowed to happen has given this seller the ability to gain around 70mil per schematic sold. it would take the average player many weeks if not months to grind this much. some players may not ever see this amount in there bank. it was also a kick to the nads to the players that did purchase the schematics for the normal price.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:10 AM, blazemonger said:

NQ does not care. They are counting on retention through allowing accounts to stay active while the game time expired and the new patch bringing enough for those to resub after all.

They do not care at all about backers as their money has been spent and they are pretty much noise and a nuisance now. Personally all I can do is be honest and tell those that ask to not get involved with the game now and wait to see if NQ shows signs of improvement. I'm not so much concerned about the game as I am about the ability for NQ to actually manage expectations and handle incidents in a way that one should be able to expect from a game developer. So far, they have missed the mark regarding that.. by a lot.

I was like what are you talking about, surely that can't be true...

I updated DU and sure enough I am able to log in on my unsubbed account. I have never heard a sub based game do this. Guess I was right on the F2P or die stance. 

1 hour ago, Shulace said:

I updated DU and sure enough I am able to log in on my unsubbed account. I have never heard a sub based game do this. Guess I was right on the F2P or die stance. 

Shame on me that I renewed my sub xD

Seriously tho, wth.

1 hour ago, Shulace said:

At least we can exploit F2P players labour with incoming mission system, because we will be rich premium kings or something.

If it doesnt matter how much playtime you get, maybe time for a reminder that it is possible to get a 1 month sub.

https://www.dualuniverse.game/play/lp1/buy?utm_source=JHp1EThW&utm_campaign=5f2d918e0d1b3&refn=gottchar&tracking_id=icxtt6ZR1Rcf75V72aB47RTkyONh0zCl

(yes, I included my linking, so I get something if you use it for a fresh account. But hey, same cost for you, so I am not ashamed :D   )

1 hour ago, Gottchar said:

If it doesnt matter how much playtime you get, maybe time for a reminder that it is possible to get a 1 month sub.

https://www.dualuniverse.game/play/lp1/buy?utm_source=JHp1EThW&utm_campaign=5f2d918e0d1b3&refn=gottchar&tracking_id=icxtt6ZR1Rcf75V72aB47RTkyONh0zCl

(yes, I included my linking, so I get something if you use it for a fresh account. But hey, same cost for you, so I am not ashamed :D   )

lmao did they remove the mandatory 3 months? Also isn't the referral system still broken? You won't be getting anything.

4 minutes ago, Shulace said:

lmao did they remove the mandatory 3 months

Nope, there never was a mandatory 3 months, they just removed the link for 1 month from the main page. You can still access it though, always could.

5 minutes ago, Shulace said:

Also isn't the referral system still broken

Only one way to find out :D

On 1/30/2021 at 11:22 AM, Rhotan said:

Here's a new way to look at it. They sell for 841 million apiece, at 1 percent, still 8.4 million apiece, a few people bought some up

two weeks later there is still e.g. one person selling 5 schematics for advanced precision railguns at 4 million less than the 16 million asking price

maybe that's just someone who had way too much spare cash, bought 80 million worth of schematics more than they needed (for full price) and needs a quick sale to recoup the loss

or maybe this issue was never just about warp beacons, but affected the whole range of schematics? I don't know, I wasn't online when it happened, or just didn't notice, if I was

but until someone tells me otherwise, a deal that looks too good to be true is probably goods that fell off the back of a lorry (in case you're not familiar, the phrase implies stolen)

unless NQ seriously take a look at folks selling schematics for less than NQ are selling them for and ban the exploiters then this joke of a game economy is dead before it draws it's first breath

The sceme is much bigger then warp schematics, a short round through the market schematics show that someone near district 6/7 is selling thousands of schematics of all kinds. Most are the to be expected heavy needed ones but also for the componets and other stuff. Loads and Loads of them.

Rule 1: Just an error, dont worry, this will not break the market/economict/pvp/civilization/fill in whatever you like as we pronounce it has no influense.

Rule 2: You found an area where it does influence? Do not worry, in those areas Rule one applies. For our answer to any and all questions and comments see rule 3

Rule 3:

On 2/9/2021 at 6:35 PM, Mornington said:

two weeks later there is still e.g. one person selling 5 schematics for advanced precision railguns at 4 million less than the 16 million asking price

maybe that's just someone who had way too much spare cash, bought 80 million worth of schematics more than they needed (for full price) and needs a quick sale to recoup the loss

or maybe this issue was never just about warp beacons, but affected the whole range of schematics? I don't know, I wasn't online when it happened, or just didn't notice, if I was

but until someone tells me otherwise, a deal that looks too good to be true is probably goods that fell off the back of a lorry (in case you're not familiar, the phrase implies stolen)

unless NQ seriously take a look at folks selling schematics for less than NQ are selling them for and ban the exploiters then this joke of a game economy is dead before it draws it's first breath

To me, the best action is, if you see something that is suspicious, report it through the ticket system. Just mark the ticket in a way that refers to the possibility of an exploit from the mistake that was made.