Give us the ability to restart/transfer on a new server if you don't want to wipe.

PuPpEt

1 hour ago, SpiceRub said:

You don't want to restart from zero, you want everyone else to start from zero. Everyone else says no. Stick to your backyard sandbox

Exactly this! :) If they cant adapt to this primitive DU player experience, they will never be able to do it after release! :) 

5 hours ago, SpiceRub said:

You don't want to restart from zero, you want everyone else to start from zero. Everyone else says no. Stick to your backyard sandbox

3 hours ago, Elitez said:

Exactly this! :) If they cant adapt to this primitive DU player experience, they will never be able to do it after release! :) 

Exactly not this lol, i actually want to start from zero and i'm even a subscriber so i'm paying, i've started when the paying beta began.

From what i see only alpha players or who play for free in the beta (like you two probably) want to continue with this messed up world.

They could use this server for testing purpose so you can be happy, and create a main one where everyone (me included) can start from zero, it's a win/win.

PS. Just don't QQ when near release they will inevitably wipe everything because it's obvious that will happen even if they say "no wipes", it's just simply logical. And at that time, will be too late.

Prevention is better than cure, no?

15 minutes ago, PuPpEt said:

Exactly not this lol, i actually want to start from zero and i'm even a subscriber so i'm paying, i've started when the paying beta began.

From what i see only alpha players or who play for free in the beta (like you two probably) want to continue with this messed up world.

They could use this server for testing purpose so you can be happy, and create a main one where everyone (me included) can start from zero, it's a win/win.

PS. Just don't QQ when near release they will inevitably wipe everything because it's obvious that will happen even if they say "no wipes", it's just simply logical. And at that time, will be too late.

Prevention is better than cure, no?

1: all worlds in all games are messed up.

2: from what you see you are clearly long...you want the game to die.

3: they are using this server as main server and on all websites the game is released :)

4: i am not qq-ing i am actually pewpew-ing you facts...oh and the best fact off all ? 
https://discord.com/channels/184691218184273920/304455542162587649/786691507334938625

6 minutes ago, Elitez said:

1: all worlds in all games are messed up.

2: from what you see you are clearly long...you want the game to die.

3: they are using this server as main server and on all websites the game is released :)

4: i am not qq-ing i am actually pewpew-ing you facts...oh and the best fact off all ? 
https://discord.com/channels/184691218184273920/304455542162587649/786691507334938625

I'm not saying you are QQing now, but you will QQ when the wipe will come.
If you read what i've wrote, i know they say "no wipes / no plans to wipe" like your linked screenshot on Discord, but it's inevitable even if they say that.

I hope i'm wrong for your happiness and you are right, but I'm slightly doubtful.

17 minutes ago, PuPpEt said:

I'm not saying you are QQing now, but you will QQ when the wipe will come.
If you read what i've wrote, i know they say "no wipes / no plans to wipe" like your linked screenshot on Discord, but it's inevitable even if they say that.

I hope i'm wrong for your happiness and you are right, but I'm slightly doubtful.

Its not about me or you or them.

NQ decided that what they did its not a problem. I am saying that what happened its not a big problem. You are the one making the problem bigger than it is, asking for justice and retribution, asking for wipe, etc :)

I am ok with what happened. I am ok with NQ's mistake.

I will not be ok when NQ will lie the community and atm they walk the walk and walk the talk :)

I like your idea if it's doable, it makes everyone happy I guess.

However it is better to wait for a "release live patch" to do something like that. Let the beta get broken due to bugs/exploits ect and at release get everyone on same page.

Doing this right now makes no sense since it's a possibility that next week an exploit/bug like this one may appear again.

When they introduced EVE like blueprints (even if these bp are generous compared to EVE)  they alienated a lot of the player base, however I think it's a good thing if this game wants a proper economy.

But I don't think they can alienate people like that non stop if they wanna keep their game alive, and a wipe would do that right now.

19 hours ago, Elitez said:

For all intent and purposes, DU is a released game.. It was released in alpha state as a beta 27th August 2020. That NQ says they will "release" the game within the next 10 months is just PR talk.

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

For all intent and purposes, DU is a released game.. It was released in alpha state as a beta 27th August 2020. That NQ says they will "release" the game within the next 10 months is just PR talk.

Yes i know what you are saying but i was trying to say when all mechanics are in game it will be harder to adapt. It will be impossible to adapt at release on a wiped world because nobody will sell anything on market and everyone will be focused on their build order in order to achieve greatness. There wont be warp cells for sell, there wont be anything. 1 week from a wiped released server, all pipes, all planets will be camped 24/7 and all u can do is slowboat. All major forces will work as 1 for as long it will be needed in order to dominate the galaxy. BUT this can be avoided if the current development level stays and keeps growing so we can create the "perfect" environment for new players to adapt so the retention is bigger than it is atm.

TLDR: a wipe will make bigger Orgs work togheter even more to make the gap between NEW and OLD Beta players bigger which means, dead environment.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:32 AM, PuPpEt said:

Because the server is literally messed up with the economy and a wipe is clearly necessary as for now, but everything seems protected to a nonsense "There are no plans to wipe" sentence,

please

make a new server/world/instance/whatever to give us the ability to transfer and restart from zero.

NO! i am sorry to say but this game is like Eve online. It is what it is, till what it is get stable. It is like any economy in its infancy. It will get better overtime. But with players coming and going in this beta 1 stage it is going to be wonky. Also the game not being optimized right now makes for more wonk. Then them still adding features. Everytime you log in there is that CHECK LIST of things to come. If they wipe the server one, people will lose all there progress at this point in the game. two there would be nothing to buy or sell on markets, it would make getting everyone rolling even harder with schematics. They would have to BOT the market with buy orders on everything, so the ambitious ones would get things moving.  It would take months, and months to get back to a good staart. 

On 1/22/2021 at 3:32 PM, PuPpEt said:

Because the server is literally messed up with the economy and a wipe is clearly necessary as for now, but everything seems protected to a nonsense "There are no plans to wipe" sentence,

please

make a new server/world/instance/whatever to give us the ability to transfer and restart from zero.

The big issues i have with this sort of thread:

• The game NEEDS civilisation, it needs to be busy and have life.  Ideally we need to create that before the game is filled with new players again (at launch).  Wiping actually just puts everyone back to stage one, where the same players will get the same advantages (knowledge) and get just as far ahead
  • Does it actually matter how everyone else is doing, this is not a competition tbh and also not a game which can EVER be fair
  • How 'specifically' do you think the economy is messed up - please note I have followed the economy for three years, so your answer better be good - not just that you had read it on reddit
  • Unless you are a big org, you will never be at the top of the tree, does that actually matter, we inhabit a world where the 1% own pretty much everything, it will be the same in DU, and just like real life, it wont effect you, you are not as important as you think
  • What benefits do you think a wipe will bring?  If you are talking about development improvements (I actually agree) if you are talking about some ridiculous notion of player parity, sorry you are in the wrong game

All that aside, another live server is completely impossible to do, nor something NQ will ever think about, according to pretty much everything that comes out.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, GarbageKnight said:

It would take months, and months to get back to a good staart. 

They simply dont understand that if we will ever start again there will be no bots and they will never leave safe zone :) Right now they have all the power to do anything they want. 

They can even pay for protection, join bigger orgs to reach New Systems, leave the ORg once they reach the new systems, etc :) Its so sad to see people not think at all.