01.22.2021] Markets Correction Issue

qwertyboom

COMPLETE BULLSHIT   lemme start there. So people that exploited this and made billions will get away with it, and the honest people get punished.  I thought the COVID patch  (AKA .23 patch) was a slap in the face of the players. This is a hold my beer moment and watch this slap in the face.   What you just relayed to players was not good.  I hope many people feel the same way and post on here, Not that you will listen or care NQ but your quickly destroying your players trust. 

Better communication would go a long way here. Bugs happen and there could be many reasons that correcting the exploit is too time consuming or difficult. A big issue is that none of that is communicated to the player base. 

Bug post-mortems help improve user trust. A few questions:

How heavily was the issue exploited?

What was a general description of the cause and what tools are being put in place to reduce the chance it will happen again?

The rationale for 0.23 was that it would reduce mega factories and increase nanoformer market activity. At the time it was stated that no group in game would be able to afford all of the schematics (~150 billion quanta iirc). After the price reduction and this bug, are you worried that this is no longer true? Are you concerned that groups have reached the industry end game again?

Edited by fiddlybits
Missing word

Fiffly bits, you are correct in your points i agree. how heavily was it exploited i have seen multiple screen shots with people with 112 warp beacon schematics. That's just 1 person with over 8 billion in schematics. 

But my biggest point is the MOST players on here have dedicated a lot of time to build up their wealth and this EXPLOIT negates all that.  And i hope a lot of people leave because of this.  Why should most of us continue to work hard, when in 15mins some players raced past us and amassed great wealth just by being on at the right time to buy.  That 15 minute window.  So that's the problem and NQ's hope to just say no its fine we just gonna leave it.  I want them to FINALLY hear this community. I hope all of the players keep the pressure on. The answer that was given is bullshit and NQ needs to do better

7 hours ago, fiddlybits said:

Better communication would go a long way here. Bugs happen and there could be many reasons that correcting the exploit is too time consuming or difficult. A big issue is that none of that is communicated to the player base. 

The core problem with NQ, they have no understanding of basic communication. Mind you, they have the people to do it and certainly the current CM here are trying but if the company as a whole and I fear the (upper) management group actively frustrates this then what can they do?

They show all the signs of a company in chaos, lack of direction and leadership. They will probably just stick their head in the sand again and hope they come back to work Monday with the  forums cooled down and business as usual. They tried this several times in the past 2-3 months and you can only try this so many times.

These mistakes can all happen, I see no one blaming NQ for that. That they then are absolutely unable to properly manage the damage and fix it quick is a structural and chronic problem that is causing increasing damage to the game in many ways. The purpose of mistakes is that you learn form them and move on, not making them again.. NQ is in a loop of repeating the same kinds of mistakes over and over and seem to learn nothing.

I don't think they fully understand the implications of this boneheaded maneuver. No industrialist is going to spend any more money on expensive schematics until the damage is known. Completely ridiculous for me to spend 90 million on setting up a pipeline just to compete against someone who can do it almost for free. 

I have no choice but to wait a month or two for the markets to settle and if I keep playing just to hoard up my cash until then. When all industrialists do that, the shortage of elements that people are complaining about will just get worse (except for the ones with "free" schematics). If people can't buy the stuff they need, then they quit too. The cascade effect of this is really pretty bad. JC should be pissed, as his vision for the post 0.23 economy just got flushed down the toilet.

13 hours ago, qwertyboom said:

And i hope a lot of people leave because of this.  

Amen to that! I'll give it 1-2 weeks to see if they wipe the universe and/or remove the schematic part from the game. If not, I'm cancelling my subscription until the moment where this is fixed. Thanks to the schematics part of the game, it doesn't feel like a game (or the game they promised/promoted) and I don't want to play a "game" that feels like a chore/job/endless grind. Add yesterday's nonsense and I've lost interest completely!

Really curious to see what they'll do as I think the game has great potential and would love for it to succeed.

Attached is a screenshot taken about 10min ago of a Sell Order I've been watching.  In the past 48hrs. this seller has made approximately 2billion quanta off of NQs "mistake/bug/glitch."   Call it what you want, but that's a lot of capital to benefit from when it can be researched and fixed.   It is unacceptable and should be investigated further.   I looked at this sell order on Friday and he had 112 for sale.  He's now down to 18 left.  That is some serious cash for 0 work. 

unknown.png

Edited by Sync
misspelling

On 1/22/2021 at 3:16 PM, qwertyboom said:

COMPLETE BULLSHIT   lemme start there. So people that exploited this and made billions will get away with it, and the honest people get punished.  I thought the COVID patch  (AKA .23 patch) was a slap in the face of the players. This is a hold my beer moment and watch this slap in the face.   What you just relayed to players was not good.  I hope many people feel the same way and post on here, Not that you will listen or care NQ but your quickly destroying your players trust. 

Agreed this isn't the sort of reaction you might expect.

I feel the need to point out that it isn't really an exploit as much as it was a straight up mistake made by NQ, to punish anyone who bought schematics would be bad, people aren't going to be honest in a game if they don't have complete faith that others will too, anyone who didn't take advantage of this when they could are saints but also just put themselves back months :)

Most of them probably did so expecting it to be reversed, either way it is pretty bad, unless something is done i don't see myself resubscribing when my accounts come up for renewel.

I guess I like what the game could be, i dont even mind what the game is; i am starting to mind who is developing it based on the decisions they are making.

Was this the devs not wanting to put in the time and grind to earn quanta to buy schematics?

It seems awfully odd that this would change one day....... Why did it change... seeded wrong... weren't they seeded long ago with patch .23?

I smell something very fishy. Do they not want to do roll back because devs created and used exploit for their own personal fun?

59 minutes ago, bleakcon said:

Agreed this isn't the sort of reaction you might expect.

I feel the need to point out that it isn't really an exploit as much as it was a straight up mistake made by NQ, to punish anyone who bought schematics would be bad, people aren't going to be honest in a game if they don't have complete faith that others will too, anyone who didn't take advantage of this when they could are saints but also just put themselves back months :)

Most of them probably did so expecting it to be reversed, either way it is pretty bad, unless something is done i don't see myself resubscribing when my accounts come up for renewel.

I guess I like what the game could be, i dont even mind what the game is; i am starting to mind who is developing it based on the decisions they are making.

You mean like punishing Scoopy and the players that dismantled a base because of a mistake NQ made?  What is it that NQ keeps drilling into us about RMDS rights? And they leave their own rights open then ban players. Tell me again why taking action against players is bad?

17 minutes ago, Astrodisiac said:

You mean like punishing Scoopy and the players that dismantled a base because of a mistake NQ made?  What is it that NQ keeps drilling into us about RMDS rights? And they leave their own rights open then ban players. Tell me again why taking action against players is bad?

Well, I haven't said a word regarding that incident but if it were up to me I wouldn't have done a thing with those players either, for the simple fact that it was beta and to be honest these sort of players probably make good testers even if they do cause a headache here and there.

In my mind I would have put that on me and fixed it because at the end of the day it was my fuck up as a dev and i would have fixed it in my own time; might have politely asked players in question to in future simply make us aware.

The better option might have been to just delete market 15 and re design it as a nod to the event.

I think the reason I am not advocating for these players to be punished is because it really is unrealistic to expect players not to take advantage of such a mistake, additionally you really don't want to get new players caught up in this who may not even be aware it is happening.

Indeed thats why the stuff is already being sold for 150 dollars......

Luckely this is not gamebreaking and Goldsellers are hunted down daily and banned, oh error, thats in FF14, not here.

Please go take care of Goldsellers as fast as you can, in general they are a menace to the community in Any MMO

Besides NQ not having the manpower to address this and probably not ever having considered the need to do this beyond a line in the TOS (as hey, we told you no, so you be good now..), if they would act on this, the resulting ransom DDoS which may last days or weeks will likely mean the end of the company.

So they'll just let it go. Besides the player base is so small by now it's hardly going to make a difference.

@Aaron Cain

I see you removed the screenshot which may be a good idea ;) .. NQ will not deal with the gold sellers but posting a screenshot anyone can find in 10 seconds is obviously not going to fly.. /s

So NQ introduced another industry braking bug/mistake into the game ... some people bought schematics worth several billion quantas and got them almost for free ... and can now either make shittons of money or rule the economy, because they did not have much of an initial investment.

All other indusry players are basically fubar ... because they still have to pay the insane schematic prices.

And NQ‘s response? None.

Thank you NQ. You once again showed clearly that you do not understand how in game economies work and how things like this can destroy the economy/industry gameplay for everyone (except the few people who used the bug).

No rollback? Seriously?

Well, in case you didn‘t notice ... the improved server stability lately ... is not because your servers miraculously solved the problem on their own. It is because no one is playing DU anymore.

17 hours ago, Astrodisiac said:

Was this the devs not wanting to put in the time and grind to earn quanta to buy schematics?

It seems awfully odd that this would change one day....... Why did it change... seeded wrong... weren't they seeded long ago with patch .23?

I smell something very fishy. Do they not want to do roll back because devs created and used exploit for their own personal fun?

You know, this is actually plausible given past experiences...

I mean... I don't THINK so... but the seed of doubt is now in my mind... ?

@Aaron Cain
Yes, again based on past experiences, I personally would never post another ingame screen shot publicly even if it is legit within the guidelines.

I would not bet my money on you being wrong indeed.

Past time since begining of Beta there have been somany fishy errors and by wonder always it seems to profit the same groups.

It kinda started already with the first ban waves where some were miraculously Not banned while others were, there even was made a new form of non-banned-but-time-off  for some players that did not even exist in the whole DU rule book.

Still nothing from NQ.   Afraid to deal with this NQ.  People still selling off the schematics they got on the cheap for hundreds of millions.  While the rest of us mine for cash because you have no other way to earn cash other than mining or reaping the rewards for your screwup.  Anytime you wanna debate this im ready and willing.