Its Orerriffic.. really

Greviouss

Currently every planet has all the base ores available out there. 
Thats nominally broken in my view.

This allows anyone to go anywhere and mine up the material to just pull off whatever without regard to transporting materials or the need for basic trade,

and without any regard to scaling difficulties of the distant planets.

Basically anyone can just go to any planet and make an empire with out any concern for logistics involved in getting materials out to a planet and setting it up, <-- this is an afterthought for more expensive materials as a primary focus and that, is broken.

So i see a problem, what do i see as a solution?

Sure thats easy.

Alioth should be the only planet (and maybe its moons) to contain all 4 tier 1 materials. 

All other moons and planets in the safe zone should be lacking ONE tier one material at random.

All planets in PVP and non safe zone areas should have 1-4 tier 1 materials removed from thier ore resource spawn tables.

What would this do?

This would force people to plan out their mass exoduses to the various planets by ensuring they can deliver the necessary materials, then fund additional logistics with time and effort to ensure that a supply of these basic materials that are missing are coming into the planet in question. The farther out you are the harder this can be, and that would be semi realistic. This would also normalize the expansion rate of people outward from alioth as a whole I think as they would be limited by the efforts of what they could achieve in logistics. Many could stand to make tons with the shipping of these materials to the lacking planets.

Prove me wrong ?

I'm a fringe world, and no matter what I do, majority of the population ingame is still on alioth. I still have to warp goods out to sell them no matter what I do. Due to the markets being so active on Alioth, I still have to go there to get other resources if I don't want to goto another planet and setup an outpost. Seems that doesn't need balancing just yet. IMO

On 1/22/2021 at 8:20 PM, Haku0814 said:

I'm a fringe world, and no matter what I do, majority of the population ingame is still on alioth. I still have to warp goods out to sell them no matter what I do. Due to the markets being so active on Alioth, I still have to go there to get other resources if I don't want to goto another planet and setup an outpost. Seems that doesn't need balancing just yet. IMO

Yea sure i know, but the very problem is exactly that, and perfectly illustrated in your statement. You are out there producing, and created a factory with ease.

And others are way out there doing their own thing, and everyone can go anywhere with ZERO forethought on material logistics etc and that makes for madness.
Moving should require planning not just "we want to exist here because we do"

Sure you need non base materials. But thats circumstantial in production preferences. nothing stops  you from populating every market in your planet with t1 everything.
Thats broken.

Living in certain areas over others shouldnt be a base experience we all share, and definately shouldnt be an experience thats as easy as living on Alioth. 

For example, if we go to mars in the real world, we need to PLAN FOR OXYGEN AND FOOD in advance among other things, no DU does not have these concepts, but it does have ore, and with manipulation of the ore resources you can easily create a scenario that requires people to plan out moving to the great far out.

They will do it, even if it was ridiculously hard, (which it shouldnt be too hard overall on implementation) and there would be no problem in the economy overall as people would work out from the center at a predictable pace as opposed to just existing wherever because there's rare ore or they like the color of the sand. You should have a difficulty modifier applied for that far out place that counters the Rare ore bonus provided for living out there.

When the Planetary pvp comes its gonna be giant groups who have not only everything they need cause they own the T5 producing planets completely and dont need anything brought in in masse, but who own the entire exotics and T5 market cause they have ZERO problems holding just the t5 planets in totality with no need for anything external ever.

as I had posted be for as it seams it fits better here.

I agree that the trade needs commodities. and things for haulers to move around. these things can't be 100 player driven. I could see npc passengers wanting to go where the commodities are and commodities wanted where the npc population is draining the commodities. this is the player side of the interaction moving commodities and npc passengers around pushing a supply and demand with some rng to keep it moving. as the supply and demand of things can get stagnant with just player demand unless players are constantly losing things they need. and if that is the case then we will forever be sweating ore to the npc bots to pay for are losses.

to add. Agriculture drives Real world trade why not add the ability to grow a product on claimed land / constructs, that is planet specific crops purchased by the npcs on other planets with a Demand Curve.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:29 PM, Greviouss said:

Currently every planet has all the base ores available out there. 
Thats nominally broken in my view.

This allows anyone to go anywhere and mine up the material to just pull off whatever without regard to transporting materials or the need for basic trade,

and without any regard to scaling difficulties of the distant planets.

Basically anyone can just go to any planet and make an empire with out any concern for logistics involved in getting materials out to a planet and setting it up, <-- this is an afterthought for more expensive materials as a primary focus and that, is broken.

So i see a problem, what do i see as a solution?

Sure thats easy.

Alioth should be the only planet (and maybe its moons) to contain all 4 tier 1 materials. 

All other moons and planets in the safe zone should be lacking ONE tier one material at random.

All planets in PVP and non safe zone areas should have 1-4 tier 1 materials removed from thier ore resource spawn tables.

What would this do?

This would force people to plan out their mass exoduses to the various planets by ensuring they can deliver the necessary materials, then fund additional logistics with time and effort to ensure that a supply of these basic materials that are missing are coming into the planet in question. The farther out you are the harder this can be, and that would be semi realistic. This would also normalize the expansion rate of people outward from alioth as a whole I think as they would be limited by the efforts of what they could achieve in logistics. Many could stand to make tons with the shipping of these materials to the lacking planets.

Prove me wrong ?

As an Alpha tester i think you had the proper environment to ask for changes. We're like close to 6 months in Development :D

20 hours ago, Elitez said:

As an Alpha tester i think you had the proper environment to ask for changes. We're like close to 6 months in Development :D

Thank you for  your constructive feedback on the subject and not a random 2 cents of garbage that's barely a coherent sentence.

:)

The point of reopening this thread i believe was for ideas to b brought forth?

So I do thank you for your on topic and invaluable input on the actual subject at hand.

1 hour ago, Greviouss said:

Thank you for  your constructive feedback on the subject and not a random 2 cents of garbage that's barely a coherent sentence.

:)

The point of reopening this thread i believe was for ideas to b brought forth?

So I do thank you for your on topic and invaluable input on the actual subject at hand.

I am pretty sure we're moving forward with the Roadmap. The game is doing just fine and we have a full market. Whats done its been done. Missions, Asteroids and the other goodies are coming on later this year. This system is almost done. Things we've learned so far can be applied in the near future when 2nd System will kick in.

In a way or another i can agree with what you've said but those settings are only good if the population of DU in the future, 1y from now will be healthy, big enough to support more agressive planets, more harsh environments and more Zero to Hero and Viceversa scenarios.

Lets remember one thing...most of the players when they are wiped, zeroed, they uninstall and leave the game and that can happen if a game becomes too hostile.

29 minutes ago, Elitez said:

I am pretty sure we're moving forward with the Roadmap. The game is doing just fine and we have a full market. Whats done its been done. Missions, Asteroids and the other goodies are coming on later this year. This system is almost done. Things we've learned so far can be applied in the near future when 2nd System will kick in.

In a way or another i can agree with what you've said but those settings are only good if the population of DU in the future, 1y from now will be healthy, big enough to support more agressive planets, more harsh environments and more Zero to Hero and Viceversa scenarios.

Lets remember one thing...most of the players when they are wiped, zeroed, they uninstall and leave the game and that can happen if a game becomes too hostile.

Sure... players leave, for alot of reasons. As for whats to come, i think your missing the scale of the devs plans for expanding the universe, and any portion that might be engaging on that would b based off of the established foundations of the economy and general state and ruleset of the worlds in the universe when the game actually goes live and comes out of Beta. (which might receive a wipe)

But with your logic of  "alpha was 6 months ago take your ideas there cause you missed your chance".. in the IDEA BOX THREAD  

Really?

If you want that mindset fine, it in itself is toxic but your welcome to think it.

BUT take it and post it to every thread in the box if your gonna post it anywhere.

Not just here.

You cant make too many changes to this system. It will be used in few years as Starting Zone. Why would you want to make it harder ? Remove T1 from all planets? Whats the reason? Players need to feel they can get back on their track on any planet, anywhere, in any moon, anywhere. You dont want to fence in the players on 1 planet. Its a sandbox game. You can do any basic stuff anywhere. Thats the goal of sandbox worlds.

As ive said, new systems can have more harsh worlds, more agressive environments but this ? I dont think its wise to change the core of the Economical Pillar anymore.

10 minutes ago, Elitez said:

Why would you want to make it harder ? Remove T1 from all planets?

No. Didnt say anything like this.

I said : 

Remove 1 random T1 from each safe zone planet

Remove 1-3 random T1 of each current pvp planet 

Including the moons - excluding sancutary moons

Why? Simple.

Effort Vs Reward.

These other planets provide enriched expensive high end resources, and to settle there you have ZERO DRAWBACKS.

Theres Nothing other than PVP that prevents you me or anyone from producing the entire T1 production line and populating the entire planet and its markets with these t1 elements.

All with no need to move any ore outside of the ore you need for specialized production.

To me, thats generally broken.

What that says is heres the expensive stuff and all you have to do for it is have the biggest gun gang - with zero forethought on infrastructure or implementation of anything basic at all.

Just show up and heres T3, 4 and or 5 ore just cause your here.

NO DRAWBACKS AT ALL <-- thats dumb.

On top of that, this will generate a HUGE amount of job production for haulers and traders to move needed missing necessary for day to day materials from A to B.... which DU sorely lacks.

Yes alot of the Initial population would be on alioth and as able to the community would work towards expansion as opposed to here just do whatever

and im almost sure that this was the devs intent when they broke up the tier 2 3 4 and 5 ores across planets, 

creating a system that would force people to move things around for the production needs of other planets.

Theres alot of things the devs didnt predict, and theres alot of mechanics that dont work the way they did when alpha started making other mechanics not sustainable at all.

Like industry machines that work forever....

This T1 altering is not difficult to implement, and wouldnt require rewriting anything really...

It would be an easy fix that the devs could implement live without resetting anything major,
They would just change existing deposits to allowed deposit types and poof there you have it

It would be up to the players to then compensate for the missing ore types on each planet... plus thier onhand stores of eay type removed (which they have little to none cause theres no NEED for anything like that (... see the broken yet? )...

would be interesting to watch how we solve it sans reset honestly...