So, when is the game getting rolled back?

Nayropux

On 1/28/2021 at 10:58 AM, Aaron Cain said:

In that case there is only one other option, ignorance is bliss.

If they do not want to listen why even put energy in it.

Best to stop filling this useless forum or any bug report and just throw comments and bugs on twitter and fb.

Cya later all.

I've also unsubscribed all my accounts.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:54 PM, blazemonger said:

It's only a matter of time before NQ will start locking down these threads as we're just rehashing something they closed the book on.

I think they are doing a pretty good job creating Tier 1 inflated environment in the game and considering we had no chance without their help to reach Tier 4-5 tech in this beta, i am happy that some of you were helped to achieve some T4-5 greatness. I hope you test those rarities in the pvp also ?

On 1/28/2021 at 10:51 AM, GraXXoR said:

Unfortunately it’s not. Often elements placed next to other elements can only be done in specific orders. The collision grids are janky on some items. 

very true - I found out the other day that an org mate puts constructs together so compactly that when I picked up his cockpit to add a bit more capacity I could not put it back in place even by just undoing the pickup (the game was telling me there was not enough space to put the cockpit back exactly where it had just come from).

1 hour ago, Mornington said:

very true - I found out the other day that an org mate puts constructs together so compactly that when I picked up his cockpit to add a bit more capacity I could not put it back in place even by just undoing the pickup (the game was telling me there was not enough space to put the cockpit back exactly where it had just come from).

I’ve never not been able to undo a pick up except when the server has a spaz attack and says pending operation or something like that.

Yeah, making compact constructs can come back to bite you in the arse later if you try and edit them.

I'm still happily logging in and collecting the daily paycheck from expired accounts.. looks like NQ is so desperate for "active" players they just let anyone stay.. :D
next one expires this week.. will be interesting to see if that one stays active as well..

14 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I'm still happily logging in and collecting the daily paycheck from expired accounts.. looks like NQ is so desperate for "active" players they just let anyone stay.. :D
next one expires this week.. will be interesting to see if that one stays active as well..

Its also may be linked to state of NQ website/database connected (?!), not per se generosity in quest for population, Sesch pretty much confirmed, that it was busted and now under reconstruction (as for me -- with possibility of "side effects").

30 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

Its also may be linked to state of NQ website/database connected (?!), not per se generosity in quest for population, Sesch pretty much confirmed, that it was busted and now under reconstruction (as for me -- with possibility of "side effects").

I can't help but wonder if the accounts that have had access during the time of the issue get charged for that time after it is fixed. No rollbacks dictates they shouldn't.

2 hours ago, Bobbie said:

As far as I know it's actually impossible to undo a pickup if you had renamed the element, or any other way of adding "dynamic properties" to it sothat it becomes a non-fungible item in your inventory.

Slightly different issue but still...

Right click on the icon in the inventory. Remove dynamic properties and then you can undo. Unless it’s suffered PvP damage. 

On 1/31/2021 at 11:32 AM, blazemonger said:

They can't back charge.. also, the accounts I have that are/were paid all use Markee's timecodes so no sub..

So what i am reading here is that alot of people have free multiple accounts on behalf of NQ kindness and even though they reported this issue it is not fixed.

That would almost make it interesting to add accounts

58 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

So what i am reading here is that alot of people have free multiple accounts on behalf of NQ kindness and even though they reported this issue it is not fixed

My last paid account ends in a few days.. it will be interesting to see if it loses access actually..

On 2/3/2021 at 10:23 PM, CaptainStein said:

The sell of bugged schematics has begun...

@NQ How it is supposed to balance that in the future? that is not the only bugged price schematic out there. as seen on another screenshot he holds over 100 of warp beacon xl schematics........
1094879693_Screenshot2021-02-03221648.png.86dfa200cb5f799377d525a27e85d96e.png

He will only make 42.5 billion quanta off this :)

On 2/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, Aaron Cain said:

Well this is no exploit since NQ told everyone its fine, so now this is a feature.

We get a lot of features lately.

Must be a translation error.

Generally a mistake in a pc/console game would be described as a bug.

So taking advantage of this is not seen as a bug exploit yet?

They admitted it was a mistake, and that they did not want to adversely affect the economy. 

What irony. Sure someone said they had employed an economist, but that cannot be correct. 

Sadly I can only come to the conclusion that NQ is either corrupt or incompetent, or both.

12 hours ago, Mornington said:

Sadly I can only come to the conclusion that NQ is either corrupt or incompetent, or both.

They are cash strapped and generally not in control of their own game which they also do not really seem to understand well.

another example of just how pervasive and damaging the schematic pricing error actually is

uncommon assembly line L selling for 4 million, rather than 4.3 million - one sell order for 38, another for 25

only way they are selling in such bulk at less than cost is if they bought at less than cost - do something about these exploiters, or admit your failure to create anything like a realistic economy

I won't be buying these, I'd rather pay 300k extra before give 3.9 million profit per schematic to another player for taking advantage of an obvious mistake

ban the exploiters, or you will loose my custom, and that of any decent person who doesn't want to play in what is rapidly turning into a cess pit of a simulated economy

20 hours ago, Mornington said:

This is a classic Hanlon's Razor situation: "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

I think "stupidity" is too harsh a description here, but I don't think NQ is "corrupt". I think they're feeling the pressure more than anyone. 

There's always time to tweak the economy -- but very limited time to prove that they can push the product toward a completed state with new features.

This bug is annoying and obviously unfair, but in their mind is less an issue than the mass-production that happened before schematics were rolled out. 

As has been said before, fixing this isn't as easy as it sounds -- it never is, but touching production data caused this problem and touching it again would just be risky.

Sure, they "should have dev environments", but that isn't so simple, either. They have a dev environment, but likely not one with production data loaded. The cost of doing that isn't immaterial at scale. 

I agree it is unfair...but in the past NQ has knee-jerked to try to balance the game, and that really hasn't done much to move the game closer to release and the main complaint has still been "not enough features"...so it isn't a surprise that they'd focus 100% on 0.24 and let this ride. 

There will be exploits in the future, anyway -- if everyone thinks "DU is dying" I don't think spending the time to fix a one-off manual error is completely wise...?‍♂️

13 minutes ago, michaelk said:

There will be exploits in the future, anyway -- if everyone thinks "DU is dying" I don't think spending the time to fix a one-off manual error is completely wise...?‍♂️

To be honest, my main worry is that if NQ cannot competently deal with this problem, then I doubt they will be able to deal with the inevitable botters and gold spammers that have killed so many other MMOs. :(