So, when is the game getting rolled back?

Nayropux

Would be a real joke if power is infact needed for industry thereby limiting the number of elements you can have and adding another layer of limitations on top off the schematics.

Probably that will be the case.

Best schenario schematics stop to exist then.     Oohh but then the people who profited by this grave error will get their schematics payed out by NQ, because all schematics are then refunded, probably :D

For what its worth, any energy management should have been added prior to everything else that might Use it

35 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Thats what jc always said. But he talks a lot so who knows if That's true

“We try to be very clear and to manage players' expectations every day on what Dual Universe will or will not feature. We're confident because our game was envisioned to be an MMO from the beginning. We didn't need to adapt on a production level to what we promised."

-- JC

SUCCESS STORY
Another Man's Sky: Novaquark's vision for ambitious MMO Dual Universe

August 22nd, 2017 

NQ is already confusing things by using both power and energy..

Power is what applied to Dynamic constructs and will mostly be a buff according to what we know so far, but yeah.. As this is NQ they may wel break the whole damn game after all..

Energy is the arbitrary number they will add to tiles on celestial bodies and it will determine to what extent Industry can effectively run on that tile as far as wel know. This is the interesting one really as if NQ implements this as they seem to indicate they will it may mean large industry complexes will need to move.. And with tiles surrounding markets are pretty much taken, bases will need to move out by quite a bit and then there will be the incidental single tile just happening to have a large energy output..

I think NQ thinks that they wil be able to do the same thing they said was the reason for limiting industry to static cores and that is to "create (I'd say force) something to fight over". What will actually happen I expect is one of two things; either NQ brings in Energy first and bases get moves and well fortified before territory warfare actually comes in or they by "shear coincidence" manage to arrange for the big orgs industry to just happen to be on tiles with large energy output so nothing much changes for these orgs.

We'll see.. If we even get there that is obviously..

4 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

NQ is already confusing things by using both power and energy..

Power is what applied to Dynamic constructs and will mostly be a buff according to what we know so far, but yeah.. As this is NQ they may wel break the whole damn game after all..

Energy is the arbitrary number they will add to tiles on celestial bodies and it will determine to what extent Industry can effectively run on that tile as far as wel know. This is the interesting one really as if NQ implements this as they seem to indicate they will it may mean large industry complexes will need to move.. And with tiles surrounding markets are pretty much taken, bases will need to move out by quite a bit and then there will be the incidental single tile just happening to have a large energy output..

I think NQ thinks that they wil be able to do the same thing they said was the reason for limiting industry to static cores and that is to "create (I'd say force) something to fight over". What will actually happen I expect is one of two things; either NQ brings in Energy first and bases get moves and well fortified before territory warfare actually comes in or they by "shear coincidence" manage to arrange for the big orgs industry to just happen to be on tiles with large energy output so nothing much changes for these orgs.

We'll see.. If we even get there that is obviously..

In be4 they screw everything up introducing too many/too few high energy output tiles :v

Call me suspisious at this point in development But I set my money on the energy tiles distribution being very random and by total baffled mindness these Top locations happen to be on tiles owned by some of the large orgs and no general planetary reshufflement will be implemented.

I hope I am very wrong, but logic dictates otherwise from the latest endeavours.

The whole idea of just adding a random number to tiles regarding energy is another easy way out option for NQ requiring little to no technical changes or dev resources, just an intern adding a field in the database and randomly filling out the value somewhere between X and Y .. 

And regardless of the argument it's introducing an arbitrary number, if it's done fairly it should pretty much trigger the same effect as guess what .. a wipe .. as players will in many cases need to move/relocate their bases and NQ can wash their hands of any responsibility.

I really feel NQ should (and still could) bring in proper power/energy management such as I suggested here. It requires no rework, no moving of bases, no wipe. It literally adds (proper) power supply and management to the game, adds what I consider and interesting dynamic to the game, works for both static and dynamic constructs alike AND brings in a mechanic which would offer possible solutions to a number of other mechanics in how they interact and work. But well, doing so would mean actually having to go in and do work.. and solving problems ..

17 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

The whole idea of just adding a random number to tiles regarding energy is another easy way out option for NQ requiring little to no technical changes or dev resources, just an intern adding a field in the database and randomly filling out the value somewhere between X and Y .. 

And regardless of the argument it's introducing an arbitrary number, if it's done fairly it should pretty much trigger the same effect as guess what .. a wipe .. as players will in many cases need to move/relocate their bases and NQ can wash their hands of any responsibility.

I really feel NQ should (and still could) bring in proper power/energy management such as I suggested here. It requires no rework, no moving of bases, no wipe. It literally adds (proper) power supply and management to the game, adds what I consider and interesting dynamic to the game, works for both static and dynamic constructs alike AND brings in a mechanic which would offer possible solutions to a number of other mechanics in how they interact and work. But well, doing so would mean actually having to go in and do work.. and solving problems ..

I don't know if they could eventually, introducing new systems might add a new layer of stress on their servers (which apparently are already under heavy load).

It happens in the normal world. What do you think it will be here? The company's track record speaks for itself.?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B - Information about  Proxima Centauri .

On 1/27/2021 at 7:10 AM, GraXXoR said:

I can't even blueprint my two largest ships which I've spent several hundred hours on designing, tweaking, rebuilding, tuning with skills and finally voxelising the hell out of them!
Can't even make blueprints.

"Just copy and past the voxels to a new core" NQ said... "And then delete and repaste the elements... simples."  

Yeah, on an L core with hundreds and hundreds of elements, some placed cheek to jowl. There is likely no way I'll ever get them back in their original positions. Like if I move one, I can never seem to put it back to where it was, I have to undo...  Poor construction practices I know but the thing is optimised to hell and back: It's personal, it's unique and I wanted to keep it or even sell the bloops if people are interested.

But NQ don't even KNOW why I can't make blueprints... I could before. I have MUCH older blooped versions of these ships in my inventory... So there's no way I'm rebuilding them if NQ can't even root out the cause of the issue I'm having!

So if the wipe comes without them fixing the problem with the bloops, it's likely Sayonara with a capital S!

I know it is a pita to do, but if you really had to...you know you can quickly and accurately place elements in exact positions using the 3 axis grid references in build mode? Yeah, it's a lot of work I know, but it is quite methodically possible to get every element transferred exactly in place. 

2 minutes ago, Burble said:

I know it is a pita to do, but if you really had to...you know you can quickly and accurately place elements in exact positions using the 3 axis grid references in build mode? Yeah, it's a lot of work I know, but it is quite methodically possible to get every element transferred exactly in place. 

That's unfortunately not easy at all if you are not careful when building: elements happen to "snap" to the thing you're pointing at, if that thing is a regular cubic voxel then no problem, they are correctly placed into the grid, if you snap them on another element or a modified voxel (a slope for instance) they might be placed with a slight offset. 

If for instance you place an engine snapping it to another engine you might not get it perfectly aligned with the core grid as it would be if you snapped it to a regular voxel.

So trying to replace an element following the grid coordinates might be a nightmare if you dont remember where you originally snapped it to.

2 hours ago, Burble said:

Unfortunately it’s not. Often elements placed next to other elements can only be done in specific orders. The collision grids are janky on some items. 

With every possible update/patch notes being leaked by the ATV to elite few, putting any "random energy" that benefits you if you claim specific tile is just slap in the face as by the time the update will be released all the good tiles will miraculously be already taken by someone before the patch.

1 hour ago, XKentX said:

With every possible update/patch notes being leaked by the ATV to elite few, putting any "random energy" that benefits you if you claim specific tile is just slap in the face as by the time the update will be released all the good tiles will miraculously be already taken by someone before the patch.

Well, I hope NQ is smart enough to randomize those energy values so that the worthy tiles are distributed differently between the test server and the live one.

8 minutes ago, Fra119 said:

Well, I hope NQ is smart enough to randomize those energy values so that the worthy tiles are distributed differently between the test server and the live one.

Your kidding right? Exactly what in their patch rollouts would give you any indication they would do this? They are still trying to pretend this exploit they caused never happened and you want them to subvert ATV's fore knowledge of a system like energy? I would like to think they would do that also, but what evidence do we have that it's even a consideration to them that giving an unfair advantage to their 'friend' orgs is even wrong?

9 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

It has been almost  a week

Total silence.

phase two is starting.

Well, actualy not. Naunet commented again on this yesterday. Quote:

"I don't have any new information on the schematics messaging. As far as I'm aware, our decision on the handling is final. I apologize for any inconvenience."

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

It's only a matter of time before NQ will start locking down these threads as we're just rehashing something they closed the book on.

In that case there is only one other option, ignorance is bliss.

If they do not want to listen why even put energy in it.

Best to stop filling this useless forum or any bug report and just throw comments and bugs on twitter and fb.

Cya later all.