So, when is the game getting rolled back?

Nayropux

1 hour ago, Shulace said:

Assuming they stay funded till release, which I doubt they will.

I stand by my F2P with MTX or shut down forecast lol.

Unless we got the SC mega whales that will bankroll NQ, that is always a possibility these days, NQ needa get their Visual Design guy fired up to pump out JPEGs and JC needa start promising jesus tech that will never come every quarter, instant cashflow.

FTP with MTX would basically destroy any hope this game has. What exactly do you think MTX is going to offer people to pay for that is compelling enough to support the entire game outside a subscription model?

Just imagine the outrage when an error like this happens that gives something to people for free that others paid real money for. Most MTX games are to bypass time or cosmetic. Anything else is PTW and good luck with that as a savior model.

If you want to classify the cash shop where you buy skins, DAC and STU as MTX then that has always been planned. In fact, I feel that NQ is missing out on a major revenue stream by not having the cash shop in place already. If they would offer nice skins for elements which allow players to more diversify their build I am pretty sure they'd make a good bit of money from that and that to me would seem absolutely fine as it add nothing with regards to ability or performance but will greatly enhance the way the game looks. 

NQ would need to actually design real unique skins through and not just recolor the existing ones. I could also see them offer a "High quality skin pack" with high detail versions of the current skins for existing elements. As I'd expect these may impact performance they could offer it as an extra for those with hardware able to handle it. Again, no impact on how ships handle, just looks.

I really do not understand why NQ has not opened up this revenue stream yet..

10 hours ago, blazemonger said:

If you want to classify the cash shop where you buy skins, DAC and STU as MTX then that has always been planned. In fact, I feel that NQ is missing out on a major revenue stream by not having the cash shop in place already. If they would offer nice skins for elements which allow players to more diversify their build I am pretty sure they'd make a good bit of money from that and that to me would seem absolutely fine as it add nothing with regards to ability or performance but will greatly enhance the way the game looks. 

NQ would need to actually design real unique skins through and not just recolor the existing ones. I could also see them offer a "High quality skin pack" with high detail versions of the current skins for existing elements. As I'd expect these may impact performance they could offer it as an extra for those with hardware able to handle it. Again, no impact on how ships handle, just looks.

At one point during a stream, JC was asked why we can't have different models for engines and his reply was that designing a model would take valuable dev resource away from important updates(the next important update = 0.23). That was a solid laugh for me. I hope you can surmise where this game is going.

On 1/22/2021 at 12:12 PM, Wolfram said:

I agree with @Arctic_fox on the idea of reducing Schematic prices, maybe for like 3 days or a week, just so it can be fair with other players and they can also get them for cheap... Less chance of a monopoly happening, no needs for rollback or doing stuff like bans or anything either

I've always said that any bug a company is not willing to rollback or mitigate in an entirely fair way should be announced to the whole player base so that everyone has a reasonable chance of benefitting from it...

This is standard business practice 101: "More than actual, absolute compensation, worker parity -or indeed the perceived disparity thereof- is an important driver of workplace conflict and general employee disaffection."

Yeah, I know this is a game and not a job (though someimtes it feels like one) but this well established concept of hygiene factors extends far, far beyond the workplace and to membership of organisations and society in general. Anyone who runs a company should be well aware of this... JC!!!!

The FOMO is real and I'm kicking myself now that I didn't take advantage of that and leverage my 20m of liquid assets into 2,000,000,000 ℏ worth of schematics.

20 minutes ago, Shulace said:

At one point during a stream, JC was asked why we can't have different models for engines and his reply was that designing a model would take valuable dev resource away from important updates(the next important update = 0.23). That was a solid laugh for me. I hope you can surmise where this game is going.

We're not talking different models here, we're talking different skins for the existing models. The functionality is actually already in game. What is needed is the actual skins. Saying this is a high dev cost option frankly is nonsense. DU models have not changed since pre-alpha. Offering a choice of skins, even if they'd just be a series of recolored ones would not be very costly time wise and would yield a quick return for NQ.

IMO it's comparable to adding color to lights. A simple addition and the change in game is massive, this was another functionality we have been asking for since pre-alpha really.

The fact that it appears everything is weighted against it's cost primarily should tell you more than NQ may want to tell.

So I guess still not a single word from NQ on our comments? And this error is still ingame profiting some regulars and disadvantaging the rest while so many players complained about it?

I wished i had my daily quanta but that bug is still not resolved, else i might have a reason At all to log in.....

Next step, reducing primary container range. 

After that the weapon range gets nerfed to realistic ranges so we get more wanted dogfights.

Rollback the schematic-price issue. Its better, if every player lose the work of a few days than the market will be unfair for years :(

It destroys the game and the market, if a few players are so incredible rich by abusing a bug.

Rolback it by

... investigate the situation with much working time and correct it for the players, which abused the bug

... or by rollback to the time before the bug

... or by wipe and give all players the quantas, all their stuff was worth bevore the bug occured

... or by wipe completly

4 hours ago, Shulace said:

If NQ are making the programmers do 3D modelling, it explains a lot. Not only why even simple design changes seem to take so much time (people having to switch tasks), but also the gigantic and clunky looking furniture and overall boring/simplistic design of elements.

It is very telling when players can make better looking furniture using voxelmancy and all it's inherent limitations, then NQ can do with total freedom and proper 3D mesh modelling tools. And the sad thing is, if NQ truly was the progressive community driven company they tried to portrait in the beginning. They would have turned element/furniture design into a community competition. I bet lots of players would have put their heart and soul (and countless hours) into making elements for free, just for the bragging rights of having them become an official part of the game.

It seems a lot of people forget that this is JUST a voxel-building game and not an industrial-game or a market-game.

Its just a voxel-building game, on a single server, with extra stuff to do so it doesnt feel so empty

I get the feeling that a lot of people dont realise that.....

17 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

If NQ are making the programmers do 3D modelling, it explains a lot. Not only why even simple design changes seem to take so much time (people having to switch tasks), but also the gigantic and clunky looking furniture and overall boring/simplistic design of elements.

It is very telling when players can make better looking furniture using voxelmancy and all it's inherent limitations, then NQ can do with total freedom and proper 3D mesh modelling tools. And the sad thing is, if NQ truly was the progressive community driven company they tried to portrait in the beginning. They would have turned element/furniture design into a community competition. I bet lots of players would have put their heart and soul (and countless hours) into making elements for free, just for the bragging rights for having them become an official part of the game.

So much truth in this, the community creations are insane, hell they could have put competitions forward for market design etc

14 hours ago, blazemonger said:

its my major concern atm. why they dont want our $ :D

21 hours ago, Sabretooth said:

It seems a lot of people forget that this is JUST a voxel-building game and not an industrial-game or a market-game.

Its just a voxel-building game, on a single server, with extra stuff to do so it doesnt feel so empty

From the website:

A PERSISTENT SINGLE-SERVER UNIVERSE, ENTIRELY BUILT AND DRIVEN BY PLAYERS

SINGLE-SERVER TECHNOLOGY

SPACE MMO

No loading, no server instantiation, no tricks. All players share the same persistent universe, at the same time. Dual Universe is the first Metaverse: a common, shared virtual world, controlled by the players.

BUILD ALMOST ANYTHING

Voxel-based, fully editable universe.

Create entire cities, giant space stations, massive warships,

underground bunkers or… flying cars!

PLAYER-CONTROLLED ECONOMY

Mine. Craft. Build and optimize production factories.

Then barter or trade your creations, or those from others.

A shared universe means a single, global economy - run by players.

SPACE WARFARE

From pirate raids to skirmishes to coordinated attacks: space is a dangerous place. With real-time destruction, battleship crews and player-designed ships, this is PvP like no other. Don’t want PvP? Stick to Safe zones and you’ll be fine.

NO CHARACTER CLASS.

NO PREDETERMINED ROLE.

The role you play in the shared universe only depends on your actions and your choices. Be a space pirate. A galactic trader. A cargo hauler. An interstellar industrialist. And everything in-between.

Awesome!

Edited by Metric
resize font do to feedback

22 minutes ago, Sabretooth said:

I had begun to realize that very thing.

1 hour ago, Sabretooth said:

Imho that was clear from the very beginning, I personally never had the impression of this being the new WoW, or the new eve, with the extra of being able to design your assets by yourself.

1 hour ago, Fra119 said:

Imho that was clear from the very beginning, I personally never had the impression of this being the new WoW, or the new eve, with the extra of being able to design your assets by yourself.

If that’s the case, why would we pay a monthly fee for it. I can play voxel building games for one off fees 

49 minutes ago, Shredder said:

If that’s the case, why would we pay a monthly fee for it. I can play voxel building games for one off fees 

Keep in mind most people touting the voxel building as being the end all be all are likely playing for free at this point. There are certainly some people who would pay for at least some period of time till they grew bored of building yet another ship / building for no other reason then to do so. Would that sustain an MMO? highly unlikely, but the people that would play for 3-6 months build till their itch was scratched and move on could care less about that.

26 minutes ago, Xennial said:

Keep in mind most people touting the voxel building as being the end all be all are likely playing for free at this point. There are certainly some people who would pay for at least some period of time till they grew bored of building yet another ship / building for no other reason then to do so. Would that sustain an MMO? highly unlikely, but the people that would play for 3-6 months build till their itch was scratched and move on could care less about that.

If you could pls tell me where can I find a free space engineers with a persistent universe trust me I'll leave right away. Because that's what I've been looking for for years and that's what I found here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly aware there are many thing that are going wrong and I bet I'm upset as much as you are over those things, but this doesn't change the fact that this is a space engineers with a persistent universe.

1 minute ago, Fra119 said:

If you could pls tell me where can I find a free space engineers with a persistent universe trust me I'll leave right away. Because that's what I've been looking for for years and that's what I found here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly aware there are many thing that are going wrong and I bet I'm upset as much as you are over those things, but this doesn't change the fact that this is a space engineers with a persistent universe.

Remember that this is not free to all of us.

Wait, what?
A Mistake that never should be possible was in the production server for a few hours and is now influencing the hole game economy (actually driven by players.. ) for YEARS.

And nothing happens? A few players get rich from that and from now on are able to immersive change these item economy.... and all other players also new players never ever are able to get this kinda industry that these few players can buildup.. This is not just a mistake that everybody can ignore that. If really nothing happens and this game comes to release with a destroyed economy on these items, do anybody want to say: "Oh, yeah, nobody really can do now an industry on that items except the few players that are managed to buy bugged priced schematics" ....so that they can hold the prices and the market itself for years"

This is unfair for thousands of players..

The last time false schematic prices were out NQ managed to rollback these - why isn't that possible this time?

5 minutes ago, CaptainStein said:

The last time false schematic prices were out NQ managed to rollback these - why isn't that possible this time?

Here's how I see it and I'd be happy for NQ to show me I'm wrong; Last time NQ thought that by reducing prices the could make the pain go away. They acted because the very people who now reap the benefits from their current mistake were among those complaining.. See the pattern there?

NQ is not in the business of actually solving problems and making the game better at this time, they are in the business of making symptoms go away to be able to pretend there are no issues to cause them.

I can almost guarantee as well that once energy management comes in, "purely at random and by coincidence" the tiles where the big orgs have their bases, factories and spaceports is where the tiles have massive energy output supporting what is already built on them. Many others wil find themselves forced to relocate to be able to continue what they are/were doing. That or NQ is actively preparing to be able to justify a wipe to prevent having to be put on the spot for that very reason.

32 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

That or NQ is actively preparing to be able to justify a wipe to prevent having to be put on the spot for that very reason.

I'd say that wiping now would be a bad move, there's still a lot of stuff to be developed, released and tested. After all the major updates are done they'll probably wipe.

26 minutes ago, Fra119 said:

I'd say that wiping now would be a bad move, there's still a lot of stuff to be developed, released and tested. After all the major updates are done they'll probably wipe.

1: DU will always be a niche game that means the population will always be low with different peaks.

2: the current DU population can and will create the environment for NEW players to join when the game will be ready for "release".

3: If they wipe the gap between the pro and the casual will be huge while the gap now can be closed very easily knowing not many ppl are playing.

4: If they wipe NQ will officially lie the player base. Some of us are here wasting our time in DU every single day creating and building knowing our progress wont be wiped. I dont care how you see it, if NQ wipes everything will be a lie.

ps: i know they have no technical reason to wipe thou :)

The response is complete bullshit as i have stated in my other post. But the longer this goes on the worse it gets for many reasons. So much time has passed now that a rollback cannot happen for so many reasons, and trying to take back the schematics or money is near impossible. They have be auctioned off, sold, traded and even put into machines. But still the fact remains  NQ NEEDS TO RESPOND. Ignoring this will not fix it.  We will not let this go.