So, when is the game getting rolled back?

Nayropux

Perfect time to tell the story of little lethys who wrote a simple ahk script to show NQ how the upvote Site can be abused (all you need to do is load the page in private tab). The Site was down because of me and ava got some thousand votes over night because of me. I did it OBVIOUSLY on purpose to prove my point. Think of that what you will, I couldn't care less 

What did they do? Kick me from ATV , which is pointless anyway because of inactivity. wanted to leave after I asked a question  after ONE YEAR they still responded with: "it will be amazing. Just wait a bit more". and since I was one of the few hard critics there anyway, it seemed convenient to kick me.

They even wanted to ban me from the game. Because they left a major security breach open in their Website. After telling them several times, nothing happend and I wrote the script. 

That's how little NQ cares and thats how they resolve problems: they just close their eyes, hope for the best and insist they did everything right

Clearly NQ could fix this , create two environments on test servers at a before and after screwup event time . Run a report on inventory across all players to identify the schemas bought at incorrect prices. Apply fix. EASY . Please send me some quanta for solving this issue. 

44 minutes ago, DreejL said:

I like to think my mother raised me well enough not to have impulsions as those.
In fact, if i were in markets at that moment, i would've pinged an NQ Staff on #help immediately.
Believe it or not.
I could go further and explain my political opinions as well to prove my good faith, but this is unneccessary and outtopic.

I believe that entirely Dreejl. I also think you might understand how getting everything too easily will ruin the game for you. The question is more for everyone to answer to them self privately and honestly. 

OMG... All that agony and players lost to the debacle of patch 0.23.  All for nothing....

One careless NQ person really messed up the game bad. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

Now that there are hundreds (thousands?) of super expensive schematics in circulation there is absolutely no point in investing the time and energy to buy schematics anymore.  By the way, why is there a pool of 2 million schematics available for a 47 million quanta schematic?? 

Isn't the whole point of the high schematic prices to limit how many factories can make an element? Then why have 2 million of that schematic available? If they had 10 sell orders each, then this massive blunder could have had limited damage.  

I just spend two weeks of grinding T1 ore to buy something that is now worthless. An expensive schematic is supposed to be like a patent, it is supposed to limit your competition. You pay the extra cost for limiting the population of your industrial competitors. Now, there is no point in being an industrialist for months until the economic dust settles.

Why do I feel like I am in an abusive relationship? Perhaps I need to take up some other vice like drinking or start dating a really large mean woman with two teeth.

31 minutes ago, Umibozu said:

image.png.6c466a95da9b06b688fef6f4b32a650e.png

And upper management does not see anything wrong with that lmao

And this is just 1 guy, at this point it make much more sense to have prices cut down by 100 times then reverting them back to normal, at least we would have balance AND we could all have a laugh over the idiot who now has 112 worthless schematics.

I simply wont mine 3 more months to compete with all the others who got basically free schematics and got rich over night. I will be back to check the game again in a few months hopefully there would be a wipe by then.

At this point is not impossible, that NQ so passive about economic issues, because they secretly (as always) set their minds on some variation of wipe at "release". Like why to bother, fresh start solve everything.

I think I have sort of deja vu how Alpha moved to Beta (with most of problems).

1 minute ago, le_souriceau said:

At this point is not impossible, that NQ so passive about economic issues, because they secretly (as always) set their minds on some variation of wipe at "release". Like why to bother, fresh start solve everything.

I think I have sort of deja vu how Alpha moved to Beta (with most of problems).

Then they should have the stones to be up front about that instead of pretending they won't wipe. All keeping that nonsense of 'no wipe unless no other choice' nonsense does is set them up for an even bigger explosion someday when they wipe. It's not like moving to 'release' means jack squat for a game your already charging subs for

@Xennial, well, they can just say: "sorry, but we left no other choice", using option stated in their initial promise (and thecnicaly keeping it). This why its even formulated this way.

NQ never keeps stones (may be some smallest, decorative and not important ones) up front. Usualy they throw them in your back. People with inside info can dodge better.

I know a guy who didn't return anymore since the introduction of 0.23 because he couldn't acquire a warp beacon xl anymore for his big space station

(I don't think i'll have to explain the time, effort and planning he poured into this). 

NQ, this is just sad. What shall I tell this guy next time I speak with him on Discord?

3 minutes ago, Metric said:

I know a guy who didn't return anymore since the introduction of 0.23 because he couldn't acquire a warp beacon xl anymore for his big space station

(I don't think i'll have to explain the time, effort and planning he poured into this). 

NQ, this is just sad. What shall I tell this guy next time I speak with him on Discord?

You could tell him that you know a guy with 112 of them going cheap ?

40 minutes ago, Burble said:

You could tell him that you know a guy with 112 of them going cheap ?

Very appreciated. I'll pass him the message, but I don't think he will have the breath to dive into endless grinding ore. Even if going cheap at 1/3 of the current market price (for example!)  ?

I'm just trying to keep the mood a bit light. The forum here is so fkin dark all day. It is not representative of the total player base. I see positive interactions every day in the game and people having fun.

But just look down this forum and there are endless threads where players are telling (if not outright demanding) that NQ design the game the way they have figured it all out. It's embarrassing how arrogant the forum shows us to be right now. If I was the developer I would never look here again. Mistakes happen, it is only a game. If someone seriously wants to quit, then go for it. I'm sad to see a player leave and I'm sad that a player ended with a sour taste.

Self fulfilling prophesy. That is all that can be achieved from 90% of what happens on this forum.

13 minutes ago, Burble said:

I'm just trying to keep the mood a bit light. The forum here is so fkin dark all day. It is not representative of the total player base. I see positive interactions every day in the game and people having fun.

But just look down this forum and there are endless threads where players are telling (if not outright demanding) that NQ design the game the way they have figured it all out. It's embarrassing how arrogant the forum shows us to be right now. If I was the developer I would never look here again. Mistakes happen, it is only a game. If someone seriously wants to quit, then go for it. I'm sad to see a player leave and I'm sad that a player ended with a sour taste.

Self fulfilling prophesy. That is all that can be achieved from 90% of what happens on this forum.

I will explain why ppl are angry today , using myself as an example:

after 0.23 patch, i had to spend 200 mil quanta on schematics to get my warp cell/warp drive factory running again.

the decided to go for long grind for warp beacon production line:

Schematics/ rare industry units cost me around 450 mil quanta. then managed to accumulate 500 mil towards warp beacon schematic.

Long  painful grind , hours of mining/hauling / market trading sometimes even at a cost of sleep , as I am an adult with real life responsibilities.

1 Billion 150 million quanta ,I have accumulated at a cost of many many hours ,was yesterday  reduced to 11.5 million.  Instead of being one of the few making beacons , i have nothing , when some have it for free.

How can i be happy and understanding?

46 minutes ago, Burble said:

But just look down this forum and there are endless threads where players are telling (if not outright demanding) that NQ design the game the way they have figured it all out. It's embarrassing how arrogant the forum shows us to be right now.

Trying to keep it light....

It's all perception. Where you see people being arrogant and demanding their way, I see people angry and trying to give helpful suggestions. Not everyone can keep a calm head during what they perceive is a crisis. I see those who still support the game as is, attacking others just as quick.

So who is right? You or me? ProNQ or AntiNQ? The reality of it is all of us are. We all have points. I think some are missing it tho, and that is the real loss. So may as well let people vent their frustration for future posterity.

I will say that in all my time gaming, I have never personally seen a forum that was so consistently negative about the game the people on the forum were playing.

That alone doesn't mean they are right per se. But it definitely indicates a very deep issue. Maybe we don't agree on what the problem is, but even you have agreed that there is one.

53 minutes ago, Umibozu said:

I will explain why ppl are angry today , using myself as an example:

after 0.23 patch, i had to spend 200 mil quanta on schematics to get my warp cell/warp drive factory running again.

the decided to go for long grind for warp beacon production line:

Schematics/ rare industry units cost me around 450 mil quanta. then managed to accumulate 500 mil towards warp beacon schematic.

Long  painful grind , hours of mining/hauling / market trading sometimes even at a cost of sleep , as I am an adult with real life responsibilities.

1 Billion 150 million quanta ,I have accumulated at a cost of many many hours ,was yesterday  reduced to 11.5 million.  Instead of being one of the few making beacons , i have nothing , when some have it for free.

How can i be happy and understanding?

Umi, I'm sorry this has happened to you. I don't know how to fix it other than NQ gives you billions of quanta for recovery? But I don't think that would make you happy. If a rollback to before the mistake was really the only thing that would keep you playing then I vote for it, even if it would suck to lose a few days gaming. I would start from scratch on everything rather than kick out a person I would love to see enjoying the game.

Having the riches you could have earnt with the warp beacons is not what would keep you playing. It was the goal of achieving it that kept you playing. It was in fact the grind towards an amazingly difficult goal that kept you interested, not the eventual quanta you might have earned now and then.

I would love to help, if there is anything you can think of. I certainly think NQ should pay for their cock up to players in your position.

21 minutes ago, Deintus said:

Trying to keep it light....

It's all perception. Where you see people being arrogant and demanding their way, I see people angry and trying to give helpful suggestions. Not everyone can keep a calm head during what they perceive is a crisis. I see those who still support the game as is, attacking others just as quick.

So who is right? You or me? ProNQ or AntiNQ? The reality of it is all of us are. We all have points. I think some are missing it tho, and that is the real loss. So may as well let people vent their frustration for future posterity.

I will say that in all my time gaming, I have never personally seen a forum that was so consistently negative about the game the people on the forum were playing.

That alone doesn't mean they are right per se. But it definitely indicates a very deep issue. Maybe we don't agree on what the problem is, but even you have agreed that there is one.

You raise good points and I get them Deintus. Especially my paradox about claiming to keep it light followed by that statement I made.

I would counter point you by saying that 'angry people' do not very often give 'helpful suggestions'. We are both rocking the oxymoron.

I am not PRO or ANTI NQ. I am PRO Dual Universe. And what will keep it open and available are players paying subscriptions. This forum is exactly the opposite of what I would see bringing more players to keep Dual Universe running.

The Self Fulfilling Prophesy. Wanting something to fail because it displeases me, in which case I send out waves of proof that it is failing even before that is the truth. If it then fails, was it the game or was it the people who wanted it to fail?

LoL point taken.

12 minutes ago, Burble said:

The Self Fulfilling Prophesy. Wanting something to fail because it displeases me, in which case I send out waves of proof that it is failing even before that is the truth. If it then fails, was it the game or was it the people who wanted it to fail?

Either way would mean that it failed, and in the end would we know the why's without inside information? Hell, I myself would like to see DU succeed as well. But have to cut myself off there because my faith that it will is pretty low atm.

But hey, the forums here are still active enough it will take time to know if DU actually failed or not. (No, that's not my ONLY gauge) I think one way, but have been wrong before.

Here's to tomorrow! ?