So, when is the game getting rolled back?

Nayropux

What is that for a decision?

At first a schematic for a warp beacon xl was 11.800.000.000 Quanta worth.

Then it was reduced to only 850.000.000 Quanta.

Now there was a short lack of whatever? and people could have bought it for only fucking 8.000.000 quanta?????

I know people, they bought a lot of stuff.

Exotic l weapons, warp beacons, and so on

What are that for decisions?

Does that mean that everything that ingame is stays ingame till its changed?

When you want that NQ, then you can close this game in a few months or fix everthing and WIPE EVERYTHING!!!!

7 minutes ago, NQ-Naunet said:

This is a spat in the face of hard working, grinding our asses of, rule abiding  players. I have been grinding for a effing month  to be one the very few to make beacons, im a nowhere near enough quanta as schematics cost 841 mil for beacon alone.  And some shits get those for free , because Devs mistake . Novaquark credibility and reputation has hit rock bottom.

My guess is that this works the same as all other previous mishaps.

First the people that always somehow know this are informed

Then the error is made

Then when all business is done the error is seen and changed back

Then we are all told nothing can be done.

Really......If you would do this where i work you would all be fired within the hour.

And after the disision is made to do nothing about it, those people would also be fired

Next we would get an inspection and we would need to stop the business meaning 80k people would be jobless

The response we can do nothing about it or lets keep it like this is more like the dutch government....this sucks

solution 1, get back all the stuff and sent back all the cash

Option 2, change pricing for ever and give cash back to all the people who bought it at to high prices

option 3, do nothing and give the usual suspects even a larger gain in the game making it almost impossible to not see intend in this.

Our options are:

1 care no shit and be fracked now and every next time

2 ByBy and money back including the initial amount as the kickstarter/backer goals are changed somuch DU is not what it was sold for

Maybe, just maybe the amount of smoke that suggest fire one day gets so abundant even the sheep see it.

Till then:

With one decision WHOLE purpose of 0.23 patch was just nullified, making very small part of player base very rich, with immediate access to end game items without any investment.

I have been patient since day 1 of the Beta. put up with mistakes , bugs, 5 months without new content, but this .... this is a last straw for me.

NO, you cant have my stuff

Take care

Wow, another display of complete ineptitude from NQ ?

How you can NOT roll back after such a huge market screw up is unbelievable.

What about logs? You were able to refund quanta to people who had already bought schematics when the prices were dropped. Surely you have the logs to remove the schematics and / or profits of those who abused this obvious bug?

If you're not going to do anything then at least have a fire sale of all schematics so everyone else can take advantage and catch up.

3 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

My guess is that this works the same as all other previous mishaps.

First the people that always somehow know this are informed

Then the error is made

Then when all business is done the error is seen and changed back

Then we are all told nothing can be done.

Don't you think that if JC wanted to just hand out free Quanta to specific players.  He could do it in a quieter way?

I mean if that was the goal, why cause this whole shitstorm intentionally?

Who says that doesnt also happen? I mean it is very easy to do a rollback, Happens in other games too. and this is a beta, not even a released game.

There is no reason you should/would/could not roll back unless you intend to do a full wipe before release anyway.

Clarification regarding Bug Exploits & Griefing - Rules & Announcements - Dual Universe (dualthegame.com)

To quote NQs previous stance on exploits: 

"We realize this is not an exhaustive list, and we will expand upon it as time goes on. We also understand some members of our community feel that using a bug or exploit prior to acknowledgement by Novaquark is considered okay. We’d like to state that any intentional use of a  bug or exploit will be treated harshly going forward. This is the one and only warning we will issue on this topic. Please just don’t DU it! "

So NQ, how about actually doing what you promised?

15 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

There is no reason you should/would/could not roll back unless you intend to do a full wipe before release anyway.

Well i spent 10 hours yesterday building.

NQ's mistake cost me nothing.  A rollback would cost me 10 hours of work.

So there is a reason not to rollback.

Without knowing the extent of the damage caused by NQ's mistake.  It's hard for me to say whether they made the right decision.  But i think everyone in here should keep in mind that NQ DOES know the extent of the damage.  And none of us do.

So here we are /shrug

@NQ-Naunet I was told in discord you look into the topics. Can you give a reply to the questions raised here?

Like, treating exploits harshly, for example?

I was not a problem for you to backroll the overpriced schematics, what stops you from rolling back an obvious mistake you guys made? How comes you allow some schematics unreachable for now get into hands because of a bug?

Just now, xplosivesheep said:

@NQ-Naunet I was told in discord you look into the topics. Can you give a reply to the questions raised here?

Like, treating exploits harshly, for example?

I was not a problem for you to backroll the overpriced schematics, what stops you from rolling back an obvious mistake you guys made? How comes you allow some schematics unreachable for now get into hands because of a bug?

It was not technically a bug, so NQ's annoucement concerning bugs is not applicable for NQ's mistakes..

I'm not saying that them doing nothing about it is the right choice, just answering about the "bug exploit" point of view of this madness.
It was not a bug.

Just now, DreejL said:

It was not technically a bug, so NQ's annoucement concerning bugs is not applicable for NQ's mistakes..

I'm not saying that them doing nothing about it is the right choice, just answering about the "bug exploit" point of view of this madness.
It was not a bug.

It was when they banned Scoopy so it is now by their logic.