NQ stop messing with bots!! Or communicate!!

Xennial

I seriously don't understand why NQ insists on destroying the ability for the market to stabilize. So we had bots buying ore , then the bots slowly got eaten away and people started trading ore with each other again. Prices were beginning to stabilize in the upper teens , then bam without warning suddenly the bots refill their orders today. Everyone buys out the lower orders and sells to the bots and we are right back to everyone dumping ore to the magical bot orders.

How in the world do you ever expect any player market stability to form when you insist on a whim destroying whatever pricing has stabilized. Not to mention the fact that you make it even harder for producers to acquire ore in bulk because everyone is selling it to bots. No one knows your bot plan , so I'm certainly not going to post buy orders above the bots , because for all I know if I wait a week or two you won't refresh them and then I will have bought a bunch of ore at twice the going rate.

I mean seriously where is the common sense that your haphazard bot orders are unhealthy to the game world. At least if you said "we are permanently having bots buy these ores at this price" we could actually plan around that. Same would hold true if you said "after this batch of bot orders there will never be bots buying ore again". You don't however communicate any of this with the player base. This paralyzes the markets because producers cannot properly plan pricing , traders risk at buying and selling products is forever at risk at the carpet being pulled out from under them.

I mean truly , you have central bank like power with these bot orders and apparently none of the common sense that would generally be required of people in those positions. No one knows what your doing, no one can anticipate when you'll wave your hand and completely unhinge the market again. Seriously , please treat the player base with some respect and either tell us your plans with the bots or just remove them and let the players actually control the market without your random sledge hammer bots.

2 hours ago, TonyTones said:

The bot reset was a side effect of having to reset the bots to correct the mistake with the price change they tried to slip in this morning. Its a big screw up, we'll see what they say if anything at all.

So literally, they put a decimal in the wrong place. ????

Ore bots are just a price floor. That’s it. If players want to buy ore they can just offer above the bot price. All removing bots does is make consumer surplus higher and producer lower.

Until there is a way to originate cash, other than mining or petty login bonuses, removing the bots just means established corps get cheap ore and new players have to grind ore for 40% longer/more to do anything — increasing barriers to playing the space game they paid for, forcing them to play the browser quality mining minigame for the people the increased benefit of people already past it; which is not good for new player retention.

8 hours ago, Detroitdregs said:

Ore bots are just a price floor. That’s it. If players want to buy ore they can just offer above the bot price. All removing bots does is make consumer surplus higher and producer lower.

Until there is a way to originate cash, other than mining or petty login bonuses, removing the bots just means established corps get cheap ore and new players have to grind ore for 40% longer/more to do anything — increasing barriers to playing the space game they paid for, forcing them to play the browser quality mining minigame for the people the increased benefit of people already past it; which is not good for new player retention.

You totally missed the point. If they choose to keep bots or not is not the real problem. The real problem is they won't say one way or the other. The bots were not refreshing before. They say NOTHING about if or not they will be refreshing in the future. There is no way I'm going around buying ore at 26+ when for all I know they won't refresh them and ore will be back to <=20 in two weeks. 

This is not a discussion about if or not ore bots are the right choice. This is a discussion about NQ needing to pick a freaking direction and communicate it with the players so we can actually make some plans in game. This hap hazard bots disappear and without warning reappear is causing constant damage to market stability. So they either need to act like professionals and tell the community if bots are going to refresh , or if they are not. If they can't manage that then they should just get the heck out of the way and let the players sort it out.

All your arguments about whats fair to new players or not is completely irrelevant in a game where some people get to buy schematics at 1/100th the price if they were online at the right time yesterday. Notice the total lack of communication from NQ on that front too.  

I only think the bots should be used for right now on  outter ring planets and, moons outside the safety ring. like ion, locobus, feli, where prices are way though the roof for stuff. becasue no one is there. so it gives people a way to sell ore, when they are out there, seeing there are also no real buy order, on those moons. so say you go on a mining trip to get something higher teir, any low teir ore  you can dump to bots, to pay for the fuel and warp cells to get to and from the outter ring, while bringing back whatever it is you went out there to mine. 

but the inner ring.., and more lived on worlds. there really should not be bots. 

but other than that, NO BOTS ON INNER RING PLANETS WHERE MOST PEOPLE ARE RIGHT NOW.