An Event that may actually help revive community activity

For the next event, why not make it in the PVP zone

It can be a series of events linked one after another

The construct or w/e it is can be indestructible and have a dispensers on it that will have parts meant for constructing the Warp Gate or a Galactic Probe.

People will lose their minds and actually push their people to get into the game to help find the "elusive" parts meant to help them get out of the system

I agree, at this point the activity for players in the DU community is far too low for any sort of a comeback based on player creation alone. NQ needs to create the foundation on which content can be generated.

They need to change their stance on having everything being only player made otherwise their numbers will continue to go down and Starbase will continue to rise up

lol.. someone looking for some free killz I guess.. ;)

Events like this where players are pretty much stationary would never work in PVP zones except for those who come in expecting to lose their ship and their loot. Players can sit hundreds of KMs away and just pop anyone coming into the site without any risk to themselves.

That said, it's quite clear that NQ has not yet come to the realization they wil need to provide more structured content for PVE based players where there is a possible risk of being discovered by PVP players and attacked.. That in itself I can agree with and see as a sensible idea. Having content that will feed into the economy/industry for non combatant players to go after where PVP focused players then have content to go after in turn is pretty much the EVE way of doing things and I see no issue with that. And I do not think the asteroids will be enough for this and I expect that NQ will set that content up so that safezone players will still not have to take risks to get to this content.

Yes I guess before PVP hasnt become more of a easy to access face to face dogfighting kind of thing where they have the hope of even remotely standing the chance against established forces, newcomers are very unlikely to touch this subject knowing the system is complex and hard to get into and it is and would just be a super frustrating overall experience, not to speak of the time gated 50% extra damage (and other advantages) most veteran PVPers as if the experience in ganking alone wasnt advantage enough. If you add the fact on top that you just get popped out of nowhere from hundreds KM away this will make people get into PVP even less. Now if you want to come back with just "git gud" as a PVP veteran you would kinda be the reason why we have the situation in the first place.

4vn94n.jpg

On 1/28/2021 at 5:56 AM, carijay766 said:

Yes I guess before PVP hasnt become more of a easy to access face to face dogfighting kind of thing where they have the hope of even remotely standing the chance against established forces, newcomers are very unlikely to touch this subject knowing the system is complex and hard to get into and it is and would just be a super frustrating overall experience, not to speak of the time gated 50% extra damage (and other advantages) most veteran PVPers as if the experience in ganking alone wasnt advantage enough. If you add the fact on top that you just get popped out of nowhere from hundreds KM away this will make people get into PVP even less. Now if you want to come back with just "git gud" as a PVP veteran you would kinda be the reason why we have the situation in the first place.

I actually agree with this statement...

The fact that PVP is so costly to get into in the first place and the environment forces people to work with others in order to do ... anything on a greater scale kind-a leads to a self defeating approach to many things.

A lot of people manage to be self-sufficient but the difficulties in getting there make it barely worth the trouble. People tend to want the game to be fun when embarking on the struggle to accomplish something... PVP or non-PVP related. However, everything has become more of a struggle as of late.

and yeah, while the PVPers of the game are either complaining or simply leaving for something better, it's just 1 symptom of a larger number of problems that people are trying to point out.

3 hours ago, Demlock said:

... it's just 1 symptom of a larger number of problems that people are trying to point out.

This "larger problems" are quite hard to pinpoint fully in such complex system. People (and me sometimes included) say this is problem, and this, that can be better... and we have like 100 reasons why everything not works. 

Yet, if to name 1 worst "root cause" is, by my opinion, horrible DU resource system (generaly -- stupid mining).

Everyone producing exactly same raw material -- ore. Then using themeselves or trading/giving to someone. This breaking point -- indeed most people not stupid and (if not forced by circumstance) try to use it themeselfs, because no matter how hystericly NQ slapping our hands (or even cutting them with 0.23), everyone deep inside understand that self-sufficiency is better (in THIS situation), if not on personal level, then on small group or organizational level for sure. Even all sort of so called industrialists, who preach, that everyone better just buy from them are quite hypocritical (because they indeed having all this industrial self-sufficiency they so... not advise to others).

At any rate, in this unhealthy enviroment most actors fight to be... as economicly isolated, as possible (giving up only against overhelming odds).

And here quite Marxist thing works -- economy is obvious basis and all other gameplay more of superstructure, this why most organizational initiatives failed, at best breaking on smaller groups (to level when people feel things with ore go fair). People so much hate to give their ore to other people (rarely given fair exchange, because there is nothing more valuable), that such systems collapse. In comical terms it can be discribed as some fantasy world, where only valuable thing is cheese. And people making cheese for other people to have salary... in less ammount of cheese. It also not helps, that absense of any meaninful danger makes making of this cheese solo totaly effective. Why you need boss?

Eventualy all this chain of events leads to crucial deficiency: organizational gameplay deeply flawed (because economicly non interesting) and, despite some exeptions of survivor orgs, largely failed all over the board. In EVE economic interest is glue of organized activity -- here its more of contrary.

Generaly, all game troubles stems from fact, that someone decided to go with totaly not diversived resources (stealing all diversity of links and connections betwen players operating on horizontal connections). This as domino effect now poisoning game on all levels (including PvP). I remember somewhere was good post of Olmeca about this, but can't find it.

Sorry for long boring post, but I hope logic (if not perfect) more or less clear.

Addition:

• Fighter Cockpit
    • EA core size ( weapon slots are suggestion only )
      • XS/4 weapons slots
      • S/3 weapon slots
      • M 2 weapon slots
      • L 2 weapons slots

Now people can make random gank squards with few people, greater variations in ship size etc. Won't beat a fully crewed ship in damage, BUT! cheaper/easier to hop into a ship and be jerk to scare haulers etc! * EVIL LAUGH *

PS, can I just get a Torpedo ship with cloaking and sit in the traffic lane? O.o ^___^ Markee seems like a streamer that'd be fun to troll alot!