Too bright lights solved!

Sabretooth

I (and maybe many others) had a problem with lights going through all voxels.

lights off (5 vertical M)

dualuniverse-2021-01-11-16h06m54s.png

lights on

dualuniverse-2021-01-11-16h07m00s.png

Now it looked like a red-light-district. 

But lowering the colour number solved it (a little). this bright red was 240,0,0 and now i have it set to 35,0,0

lights off

dualuniverse-2021-01-12-16h31m21s.png

lights on

dualuniverse-2021-01-12-16h31m17s.png

But still strange to see lights going through anything

4 hours ago, Sabretooth said:

lights on

But lowering the colour number solved it (a little). this bright red was 240,0,0 and now i have it set to 35,0,0

lights off

lights on

How are the new light settings in darkness? 

7 hours ago, Sabretooth said:

lights on

lights off

lights on

Its just the nature of element based lighting vs voxel luminescent lighting. The element lighting does not stop when it hits a wall since its just a big sphere of light though if you build around the light it will direct what light can pass through to some effect. But even so it still is allowed to luminate in its sphere of influence that also seems to multiply if you add more lights to an area to make voxels inherantly luminescent to some degree with non blinking light sources. The voxel lighting however does apprear to illuminate an area and stop bleeding light through other voxels.

For example I have a ship with 2 large verticle lights as the blinking element. I built around them to cast specific light patterns. I usually park it next to my shop that also has a static non blinking light. That light affects the ship and makes it glow as it does the voxels in and around the shop and if you fly above the shop at night you can see the sphere of light it casts on the ground around the shop. But also that the two flashing lights slightly timed differently react off the reflective surface of the shop and the elements inside also flash when the ship blinks. Its just the nature of lighting.

It does seem like the sun however is somehow not bound to element lighting and casts shadows and light shafts that is meant to not effect the other voxel or element based lighting. Its no surprise that the red color is more neutral and looks like it does not bleed as much as it is not the standard white but it is likely there regardless or that somehow having red might act differently then a pure RGB color value white, red, yellow, blue light would produce.

Honestly I wish there was an option with a slider for light intensity or reach so you could better affect how the dynamics of the lights react to the different sources.