Dredger Mining Efficiency Skill Nerfed?

Jinxed

On 1/17/2021 at 11:01 PM, Holylifton said:

You're doing the math backwards from how the Mining efficiency talent actually works. If scanner results show 4000l of ore, the only way you can get the full 4000L is if you have L5 in Mining Efficiency under Dredger. 
So with no talent points you can get 4000 X 0.75 = 3000L
With L1 you can get 4000 X 0.80 = 3200L
With L2 you can get 4000 X 0.85 = 3400L
With L3 you can get 4000 X 0.90 = 3600L
With L4 you can get 4000 X 0.95 = 3800L
With L5 you can get 4000 X 1.00 = 4000L

Think about it. The scanner tells you how much ore is in the tile so it's impossible to get more than what the scanner is reporting. it's been like this since Alpha. I tested backwards and forwards at different levels in this skill. I was even able to predict how much oreI was ground to pull out of the ground based on scanner results and my level in Mining Efficiency. I also confirmed it again about a month ago. Now having said all this, I tested it today and there is something funky going on. My scanner result said there was 4608L of Limestone on a tile, I found one node and only got 4007L of Limestone. I scanned the tile again to make sure I didn't miss a little somewhere and the results show no Limestone on the tile.

This is a bug, not by design.

https://discord.com/channels/184691218184273920/748548528816521279/799891101317070850

I believe you are correct, I’m not sure however if this is a bug or designed math.

21 minutes ago, Physics said:

I believe you are correct, I’m not sure however if this is a bug or designed math.

Either his observations/math are wrong or we are all being fooled by the scanner giving incorrect reports.

Out of all the ppl reporting their findings he's the first one I read about getting less ore then the scan shows, everyone else is getting more ore.

6 hours ago, Fra119 said:

Either his observations/math are wrong or we are all being fooled by the scanner giving incorrect reports.

Out of all the ppl reporting their findings he's the first one I read about getting less ore then the scan shows, everyone else is getting more ore.

How many have tested scan results with 0 dredger talents? Is there a chance the scan results are 0.75 of actual? 

2 hours ago, Physics said:

How many have tested scan results with 0 dredger talents? Is there a chance the scan results are 0.75 of actual? 

Look, I see 3 possibilities:

- you start from 75% and the talent brings you to 100%, but then how are we getting more ore than the scan shows?

- you start from 100% up to whatever, but then how is he getting less ore than the scan?

- none of the above, the scanner gives incorrect reports so there's no way to find out.

6 hours ago, Bobbie said:

So you're saying that you see 3 possibilities of which 2 are not possible... ?

The first 2 cancel each other, unless there's an error in the observations I tend to say we are dealing with a faulty scanner.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:25 PM, Billy_Boola said:

Why sell ore to a miner for less than the bots will buy it?  So to buy ore you need to pay more than the bots pay, how to then to get money?  Making stuff and selling it?  Players are already selling lots of items for less than their ore costs, so how can you survive buying high and selling low?

You shouldnt, you should sell your ore to players for more but there shouldnt be ore bots tbh, it should ONLY be sold to players.

The clever players are buying the product listed below ore cost, moving them to another market and selling them for twice as much.  You do realise some of the riches players in the game are those moving moving things between markets right (who NEVER mine at all)?  Proved this to someone in my org the other day, he was saying the same things that you are, I got him to go buy 20 large atmos / space engines from D6 (for around 80k-100k each) I got him to move them to other markets with no stock (or high priced stock) and list at 200k - 250k.  Guess what, 15 of them sold over two days.  Pretty much doubling his investment.

Ever get the feeling you might just be missing something.......

A couple of tips for you -

• DONT worry about the cheapest price, people are lazy and dont shop around (or at least some dont)
  • DONT list all your stuff at one place, spread your goods across multiple markets.  10 items at 10 markets will sell quicker and for more money that 100 at one item competing with the 'cheapest'

• 1 month later...

A lot of bitching about orgs scanning moons and huge swaths of planets and then sending large groups of players out to gather all the T3/4/5 nodes. This is a serious problem. I haven't found an Ilminite node on Lacobus in over four months and I mine and scan A LOT.
Here's a way to slow that down. Introduce a talent for mining different tiers of ores. With no talent points invested in the various tiers, you can detect them with either the nano detector or the territory scanner. If you do happen to come across node of ore and you don't have the appropriate talent for that tier, you can't interact with the node.

With zero talents, you can only gather from the surface
With L1, you can scan/mine T1 ore.
With L2, you can scan/mine T2 ore.
With L3, you can scan/mine T3 ore.
With L4, you can scan/mine T4 ore.
With L5, you can scan/mine T5 ore.

This method will make player decide how serious they are about mining and leave the high tier ores to the only the invested players.