Rules about blocking player advertisements on the market platform?

fiddlybits

So many good ideas were scraped because of "player driven economy"
This is just a side effect. 

When PPL say that "laws" should be made by players and enforced by players, then those same people need to understand that no faction, holding any kind of power, that has any interest to enforce this kind of "law".

Some could say that such faction has no way to enforce that law as it is on a pvp free zone, But it's just a lie. IF BOO said: "we will make your ships a priority target if you don't remove all those adds" then those adds would quickly be removed.

You guys wanted all deregulated, all in the hands of the players. Now, don't complain to the admins, fix the issues as players.

4 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You guys wanted all deregulated, all in the hands of the players. Now, don't complain to the admins, fix the issues as players.

This thread is about what we can do with the current tools without admin help. Perhaps you meant to comment somewhere else?

1 hour ago, fiddlybits said:

This thread is about what we can do with the current tools without admin help. Perhaps you meant to comment somewhere else?

59 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

All current markets are owned by NQ, so it falls on NQ to police them.

Once we get player driven markets, I assume that we also get the tools need to dictate how to run them (yeah I know, but one can hope..).

I already implied the solution. But I will say it directly:

This problem is not caused by the ownership of markets or by the lack of rules.

This is caused by a technology decision by NQ and will not change in the near future.

This situation can happen in any territory. Regardless of being a market. Here are some examples:

1. Some guy claims the territory right next to you and places 10000 constructs there. You have no way of preventing it.
  2. Some guy claims a territory right next to you and simply goes AFK while stuff accumulates there.
  3. You get your own market, but some faction does not like it. Instead of just blowing it off, they just make it laggy and warn you that any action against their constructs will be an act of war.
  4. Some big faction just spams your territory with constructs, faster than you can delete/transport them.

The solution is in game laws.

Major factions have to agree on punishment to law infractors:

1. Direct hostility.
  2. Trade sanctions.
  3. Denial of PVP protection

This is a player driven civilization. This is what you wanted.