Rules about blocking player advertisements on the market platform?

fiddlybits

Are there any rules about blocking other players advertisements on the market platforms? There is a 5 XL screen billboard at district 7 now and I haven't heard of any NQ plans to clean the markets up. Is it allowed to just place walls in front of the Ads? Hopefully if they are blacked out they'll remove them at some point.

There aren't any rules against it i don't think.  But anything left long enough at a market will get auto compacted or moved eventually.

But i'm pretty sure the rules are the same whether it's an ad or something blocking an ad.

You're entitled to annoy them, just like they're entitled to annoy everyone else ?

I'd agree that the wild growth is a nuisance and it's entirely on NQ for a lack of ownership and willingness to properly manage the game. There is a continuous stream of posts on the topic and NQ has not ever actually responded or shown any inclination to do anything to make this manageable.

Several of us have posted suggestions and ideas on how to address these issue but NQ just ignores it veen when it is pretty much impossible for them to not see the problem. Entrance to markets is generally blocked by all sorts of contraptions and the solution here is really simple:

• NQ goes by the markets daily and removes any obstructing constructs and constructs which are not able to fly with no refunds. the owner of the construct gets a warning and on three strikes the account is banned.
  • Any dynamic constructs that are left at markets for more that 24 hours are impounded and can be retrieved for a fee at a central location, say at the ARK ship, for a fee. Constructs not collected within 14 days are destroyed without refunds.
  • NQ places XL screens on markets and introduces a managed advertisement service, players or orgs can submit (animated) advertisements which are played on these screens in a carrousel for a fee.

1 hour ago, Underhook said:

I guess you could force the issue by completely blocking the entrances to the markets with "advertisements"

I can't remember where, but I thought I read that actually blocking the entrances was against the game rules. The current ads don't block the elevator. You have to jump over sum to get there, but it's not blocked.

5 hours ago, fiddlybits said:

I can't remember where, but I thought I read that actually blocking the entrances was against the game rules. The current ads don't block the elevator. You have to jump over sum to get there, but it's not blocked.

Ah, I see.  I thought if you blocked it with advertisements then they would have to make a ruling on all advertisements but alas I was wrong

NQ only react if they feel personally attacked, like the famous NQ RDMS gaffe that cost them a marketplace and a proportion of their player base.

I doubt they will do anything until the situation becomes entirely dire.   Due to NQ's lack of willingness/ability/capacity to code around the delays and even to remove the plethora abandoned constructs, they will not likely do anything unless someone encodes an XL screen with a full SVG animation of JC sucking c... (this is just an example and is not a call to arms ? )

NQ; Please prove me wrong, I know you can if you try!

14 hours ago, Underhook said:

I guess you could force the issue by completely blocking the entrances to the markets with "advertisements"

That is already pretty much the case, people literally leave they constructs on the ramps and in front of the elevators requiring you to jump over them. NQ seems to think that is all just fine.

Maybe we need to start posting images on twitter tagging @dualuniverse and JC to get their attention.. But that will probably just get your account blocked..

I dont see why NQ does not have billboards and advertising space all over the districts players can pay a premium to rent in a que for however long?

There is no need to have potentially hundreds of advertising barges all over the place if they just had boards set up all over the place or above the airspace of the market or going down somekind of restricted travel airspace.

I think that anything over an M screen should be bound to Static Cores and not Dynamic. Just big enough to use screens in ships.

Anything else you should rent at a premium reoccuring weekly fee or paying for a set amount of time to give others a chance to advertise as well.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

That is already pretty much the case, people literally leave they constructs on the ramps and in front of the elevators requiring you to jump over them. NQ seems to think that is all just fine.

Maybe we need to start posting images on twitter tagging @dualuniverse and JC to get their attention.. But that will probably just get your account blocked..

I also thought that the only way to make him understand how serious the situation is is to counter-advertise him by activating streamers and social channels on which to show the real state of the thing.
They shouldn't be able to block the account because the NDA has dropped and no wrong information is being given.
it doesn't seem to me to violate any TOS. Otherwise they should block the account of everyone who made YT videos.

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

dynamic should be dynamic, so we should be able to shove it around. the dynamic we have now is nothing more then a static with temporal movability.

I like that. Apply enough force and push it out of the way.

23 minutes ago, Deintus said:

I like that. Apply enough force and push it out of the way.

Too bad they took out destructive elements there would be no ships in game in a week.

Especially if people were bulldozing your ship off ledges or platforms all day or sliding ships down hills till they scrape a voxel and blow up. If you combine that with those people flying brake boxes to blow ships up Id say the market would be empty in like 3 days :)

I vote yes on this even if it had a rollback.

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Too bad they took out destructive elements there would be no ships in game in a week.

Especially if people were bulldozing your ship off ledges or platforms all day or sliding ships down hills till they scrape a voxel and blow up. If you combine that with those people flying brake boxes to blow ships up Id say the market would be empty in like 3 days :)

I vote yes on this even if it had a rollback.

Hey now you are opening up a new job opportunity. Towing and removal services!

Someone's automated store sitting on your favorite landing pad? Just call on CGI's towing and impound yard! Great rates guaranteed?

22 hours ago, fiddlybits said:

Are there any rules about blocking other players advertisements on the market platforms? There is a 5 XL screen billboard at district 7 now and I haven't heard of any NQ plans to clean the markets up. Is it allowed to just place walls in front of the Ads? Hopefully if they are blacked out they'll remove them at some point.

I thought there were rules, but I was just at D6 market and I think it's fair to say there are no rules. There's a significant city built up on the landing pad and they didn't leave space for roads. Even billboards inside the market? Why is it permitted to spawn a construct inside the market?

1 hour ago, Daphne Jones said:

I thought there were rules, but I was just at D6 market and I think it's fair to say there are no rules. There's a significant city built up on the landing pad and they didn't leave space for roads. Even billboards inside the market? Why is it permitted to spawn a construct inside the market?

The core is on top but the building area can go inside the market. 

I think the problem is, if NQ was to ban advertising clutter at the markets, how do they automate the process of deciding what's a ship, parked at the market, and what's unnecessary clutter?

Without an actual human making a judgment call for each and every core, how do you tell the difference between a bunch of dynamic cores covered in voxels and screens and elements?  People build some weird looking ships.

If they were to make a general rule against over-the-top advertising, even if they barely enforced it, it might at least encourage people to be less annoying.

They could put out some kind of guidelines for advertising, maybe steer people towards placing Ads in specific areas.

I like the idea of advertising at the markets, i just want the markets to look cool, not like Second Life threw up on them...

They could likely disable screen scripts while in the market.

NQ should really put up a bunch of billboards for rent. You want to advertise you put the money in for how long and it goes into a que by who is waiting. There should be something like 100 billboards for reent at the districts or outside the parking zones in the grassy areas. Sounds fair to cut down on the cores and the rest of it. Just image money and length of time put into a que. Where every market has advertising. Charge like 1mil credits per week. If its paid and run through NQ they should enable gifs or other simple animations. If people dont like your ad there should be a report feature. Not 10 votes and gone if people dont like you for having an ad. But a legit person checking the ads if reported and using common sense.

50 minutes ago, Warlander said:

They could likely disable screen scripts while in the market.

NQ should really put up a bunch of billboards for rent. You want to advertise you put the money in for how long and it goes into a que by who is waiting. There should be something like 100 billboards for reent at the districts or outside the parking zones in the grassy areas. Sounds fair to cut down on the cores and the rest of it. Just image money and length of time put into a que. Where every market has advertising. Charge like 1mil credits per week. If its paid and run through NQ they should enable gifs or other simple animations. If people dont like your ad there should be a report feature. Not 10 votes and gone if people dont like you for having an ad. But a legit person checking the ads if reported and using common sense.

If they blocked screen scripts, people would just make cheesy "ASCII" art with voxels.

4 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I think the problem is, if NQ was to ban advertising clutter at the markets, how do they automate the process of deciding what's a ship, parked at the market, and what's unnecessary clutter?

Anything left on the market pad for more then 24h is clutter.

The Scrap seller those pics is a scam (you guys probably all know that, but just in case someone doesn't) and he has the gall to add signs claiming that those who accuse him of that are just jealous of him.

Maybe guns should be enabled for targets that have been sitting in an Aphelia owned hex for more than 24 hours.