Honeycomb - a delicate touch approach

MercilessFisting

Just sort of mulling over the different honeycomb options and their different inequalities and usefulness.  Ok, fine. Gold = PVP/Armor  Plastic = pretty much anything else for cheap.

A skill tree devoted to tweaking the different units in different ways.  so for gold, something simple and small, yet still a major benefit like weight reduction per level. something in the 2% to 5% per level.  For lower tiers, perhaps simple things like hp bonuses on setting. The higher level stuff something more along the lines of a broad resistance bonus or even a more specific yet very strong single resistance bonus.  so perhaps armor layering has more of a payoff.  Hell even setting up a few of the really high tier honeycombs with skill bonuses in mind that would be great with max skills and layers - the catch is the skill itself also gives a negative buff as well.  Very high bonus to say hp and thermic, but also increases weight of a material that's already a bit heavy  causing sluggishness in control, or forcing extra engines and fuel.. I think you get it.  Then pair it with another that gets resistance and weight reduction but a hp decrease.   so to 2 together might work very well as layered armor.  Again.. I think you get it.

I think teravoxels are much more lacking in a pallet with the game only comprising 1 buome (tundra) with sand and snow. I think that it needs more attention.

I do agree that voxels need a sort of R&D research component since the HP talent tree is essentially useless since it neither provides enough HP to survive a crash in most cases or if you are in PvP most weapons will chew through it np.

I do think hardness, durability, weight reductions, heat resistance, and another of factors need to be added to each individual ore. I also think that honeycomb production should pretty much produce double what it does now to open up building some more.

But im a firm believer that build mode should be available for teraforming or at the very least offering the same shape tools even if they start at a larger size for cylendars, squares, and wedges to actually get stable shapes. You can fight the system pretty well but it would be much better if it had a teraforming tool for that insteead of a secondary action of the mining tool.