RDMS Issues

Mamba_Lev

I added a policy for my ALT and vice versa, gave both every single preset right and saved.

Neither of us can do anything to the others stuff, what am i missing?

Instructions to make RDMS work

Make a tag with the same name as your intended policy.

Make your policy and assign that tag you made to it.

Right click honeycomb and go > Construct > Advanced > Set construct rights and add the tag you made.

Just making the policy is not enough.

52 minutes ago, Mamba_Lev said:

I added a policy for my ALT and vice versa, gave both every single preset right and saved.

Neither of us can do anything to the others stuff, what am i missing?

Ive been cursed with this since I started. I still to this day cant gain access to much of our guild hall. Not because the player who owns it does not want to give perms or polocies but because the game physically wont let us. I cant give him perms/policies either. The most recent example being new ships or cores put down in which I still cant access.

I feel you on this.

Not sure how useful this will be but there are two options for sharing stuff. 

1: if you set element rights on the core or another element, this one seems a bit limited. For example if you set the rights to board construct on the pilot seat element the person wont be able to fly as they dont have rights to use the fuel tank, etc.

2: if you right click on honeycomb > constuct > advanced > set construct rights this then sets the rights for everything in the construct at once, I get more luck with this way.

probably you already know this, but just in case

2 hours ago, Burble said:

Not sure how useful this will be but there are two options for sharing stuff. 

1: if you set element rights on the core or another element, this one seems a bit limited. For example if you set the rights to board construct on the pilot seat element the person wont be able to fly as they dont have rights to use the fuel tank, etc.

2: if you right click on honeycomb > constuct > advanced > set construct rights this then sets the rights for everything in the construct at once, I get more luck with this way.

probably you already know this, but just in case

That did it, thanks man.  Will edit the main post with what to do.