Booby-trapped Containers

UKFatGuy77

In a game where pirates are out there intent upon stealing everyone stuff. I think that weaponised or booby-trapped containers would emerge. Essentially, you either have some kind of pin code or passphrase and if its entered incorrectly then the pirate is greeted with an almighty AoE bang or the contents are destroyed or whatever.

2 hours ago, UKFatGuy77 said:

In a game where pirates are out there intent upon stealing everyone stuff. I think that weaponised or booby-trapped containers would emerge. Essentially, you either have some kind of pin code or passphrase and if its entered incorrectly then the pirate is greeted with an almighty AoE bang or the contents are destroyed or whatever.

Il like this idea, but think it needs to be balanced I some way to still provide a possible reward to the successful pirate.

Perhaps include game mechanics to attempt to disarm/unlock the containers.

49 minutes ago, fiddlybits said:

include game mechanics to attempt to disarm/unlock the containers.

oh yeh, its far from a fully fleshed out idea. I just liked the thought that it gives non pvp toons a way to strike back and be a little vindictive...after all PvP should never be just one way.

Too many games think that the act of 'taking something' from a weaker person in some way entitles them to possess that thing and never bother to put in any ways for passive players to strike back. When in real life, petty revenge and good old fashioned spite are very much alive and well even among the most placid players.

As a pirate you can only gain acces to a container if the core is destroyed or you (happen to) have access rights. You can always delete/destroy your cargo if pirates immobilize your ship but fail to kill you but you know you will not get out in one piece anyway.

Plenty of pewpew players that are not happy with hat option as they think they ar entitled to your ship and your cargo but IMO it is fair play in the context of the game.