Questions from an New Player

StarCrusher

So as the title states I am a new player. I just started about 2 weeks ago. However I have a few questions that I need some answers on. 

1. Is it possible to use the Thurst Master Flight control System with this game? I was thinking that it would make space flight/Combat really fun as well. It would add better control for mining in space as well. 

2. What would be the beginners ship for Space Travel/Mining? I would like to build something that I could go to other planets and such on, have a 2 person cap, and be able to mine as well. Any help here would be great. As I have a friend of mine that is plying this game with me as well. Figured 2 is better than one.

Thanks in advance. 

Regarding the joystick: don't know, game has this settings but don't know if it works.

Ship:

You can surf https://du-creators.org/ and see the ships, prices etc.

You have discord contact there to contact a person to purchase one or you can take ideas and build one yourself.

If you are building one yourself, don't go for "that huge ship I always wanted" you will build it wrong first time around. Build something relatively small (S core). Try flying it etc, figure out the cons/pros, rebuild it or build new one etc.

For the elements, the ones that you can craft in your nanopack you can craft yourself. Rest, it's much cheaper to buy from market than buying a schematics unless you have business plan to make that schematic work 24/7.

1 hour ago, StarCrusher said:

So as the title states I am a new player. I just started about 2 weeks ago. However I have a few questions that I need some answers on. 

1. Is it possible to use the Thurst Master Flight control System with this game? I was thinking that it would make space flight/Combat really fun as well. It would add better control for mining in space as well. 

2. What would be the beginners ship for Space Travel/Mining? I would like to build something that I could go to other planets and such on, have a 2 person cap, and be able to mine as well. Any help here would be great. As I have a friend of mine that is plying this game with me as well. Figured 2 is better than one.

Thanks in advance. 

1. honestly do not know.  Sorry most of our players are m-KB.

2.  Traveling to other planets is possible very quickly (and HIGHLY recommended, get tf off Sanctuary ASAP) with the starting vehicle they give you during the "tutorial".  It just takes a bit of know how and an hour or 3 of harvesting surface rocks to get the starting go-cart built into a functional  space ship to go to thades or madis.  It wont be a particularly fast trip but its actually really easy with a bit of time investment.  We talked in chat quite a few times about it and figure if there was a wipe we could probably get back to Madis from sanctuary ~8 hours give or take the time it takes to whip up the chem factory to make the kergon.  Now MINING and bringing back ore is a different beast.  Landing on a planet and setting up a new base is far easier than building a ship that is both planet hopping AND bringing back cargo, that is a significant investment.  Lifting yourself and under 25kt of weight is easy, its just the ship weight.  The moment you start adding more weight than that it turns into a battle of physics.  To get weight off of a planet you need lift (wings/stabilizers/ailerons) and thrust (engines).  That gets you to the magical 9% atmosphere where your space engines start kicking in and the space engines (which are amazingly efficient) get you out into space.  As for seating, honestly dont bother.  You are safer out of a seat than in one.  Know you can die?  Force respawn, Being in a seat that gets destroyed in a crash, pvp explosion.  Thats it.  Standing on the wings of the ship or on in a cabin as the ship goes down in a fiery crash?  Perfectly safe.  Not kidding.  Stick 10 people with empty inventories on top of your shuttle and you can fly them anywhere and they will be alive as long as they stay of a chair and your ship doesnt get shot at in pvp.

Building your first space capable ship (just practice getting to the moon and back for fun) is a great learning experience.  Talk to other ship builders (more than 1) in discord if you can.  Buying a ship from a creator is easy but it robs you of a very fun and engaging part of the game.

Also remember the rules: 

1. if you are on a ship that leaves the ground then have scrap in your nanopack or you are just useless when something goes wrong. 

2. Thrust shoves you forward but LIFT gets you up, UP is where you wanna go. 

3.  If you think you have enough brakes, add more brakes,  make the brakes as big as you can get away with.  Nobody in our guild has ever said "I think that is too many brakes".  When you are barreling toward a planet 1 SU away at 30,000kmh with several Kilo Tons of Ore and you hit your retro rocket brakes you DO  NOT WANT your ship to say "nah, don't feel like it".