NQ: Broken parts - WE NEED A RECYCLER

XKentX

We are piling up on broken parts we can do nothing with.

Some parts are 1/3 some are 2/3 but I don't like flying on broken stuff so replace asap. 

Problem: There is nothing you can do with them, they don't stack, you can't sell them.

Solution: As promised, there should be a module that kinda refines them to whatever (parts/ore/whatever, anything).

NQ: Please make this higher priority.

If introduced much later it will "shock" the economy again as there will be many parts/ore/whatever that is dumped all at once leading to frustration of people that are producing those parts/ore/whatever.

13 minutes ago, Hiturn said:

They wanted a resource sink. Recycling eliminates the sink. However, it could work for high tier parts since most of the cost is ROI/build time.

Recycle them back to ingots, to the parts to something. It will still require the schematics etc to rebuild.

11 hours ago, XKentX said:

Some parts are 1/3 some are 2/3 but I don't like flying on broken stuff so replace asap. 

I'll buy em.. send me a list, generally I pay 60% on 1 restore and 35% on 2 restores ..  (% of best price on current market)

On 1/11/2021 at 6:30 AM, blazemonger said:

I'll buy em.. send me a list, generally I pay 60% on 1 restore and 35% on 2 restores ..  (% of best price on current market)

I have about 5kt of them. Probably like everything. What's your discord ?

Honestly when the basic parts are phased out over time as basically white gear from other games and people get green, blue, yellow, red whatever gear there will just be an insane excess of useless parts people keep wasting tax money  on but nobody will buy. Recycling should get back up to 95-97% of the raw reesources so that people with better skills might hit the point where ore is scarce enough with finite resources to buy up basic parts to extract the mats to make overall better green gade engines at a better price point since people are essentially trading them up for the next tier. Same goes for tiers above. There comes a point where useless items laying around should be able to be recycled and turned into something else more useful to everyone.

This make salvaging possible as well if there are discarded and broken parts lying around that can have some of the metal that exists to be extracted. I think broken parts should fall off a ship to the ground. Or if your wing is on fire parts of scrap should also fall off your ship. If there was actual environmental dangers that made flying on planets harder with winds, visibility loss, magnetic anomlies that make different instruments or circuits have a delay or go dead if it is strong enough. If things like that existed and people had to have skill to get to a planet to mine or bring oxigen then there would be more crashes and discarded parts a new salvaging role could take advantage of as a real playstyle to pick up scrap that falls, parts, destroyed items, etc and create a new kind of mining experience of sorts.

But this game also needs a sifting tool to take all the sand, tundra, and snow and turn that into like 1-25L of any resource in the game with higher tiers having lower probabilites. Everything is made out of sand and just being thrown away. You can sift for gold in RL why not DU?