Support tickets .. and counting...

blazemonger

Also.. "Due to a temporary increase in activity, our answering time may be longer than usual. Thank you for your patience and understanding!" really no longer is a valid excuse.. 

coming up on 5 months post release of beta this is a "structural inability to handle tickets in a timely manner" by now, not a temporary increase in activity..

The best thing about force fields is that someone forgot to code collision detection with other ships. Just turn off the engines (vertical/hover) when you fly through them. As I can see (you are waiting 25 DAYS!) there is no point in reporting it...

I just think it's odd that bug reports and support requests are submitted and viewed the same way. Most other games I tested, when submitting a bug report, you get no response or maybe an automated response and then it's done, unless a dev asks for more info.

I reported the no daily quanta bug on day 1, already it is reported 2 times solved but there is no solution. I did get the nice email that i am not allowed to disclose here but the issue is still not fixed, tickets are closed as solved. Where i work and come from this is a non-issue, any closure on unfinished business can get me fired within the day.  Probably there is a lot going on but i am not surpriced, since last week i go from never a dc since day one to now, a dc almost every 10 minutes.

When they can they really do help specially when asked in discord but in general there seems to be some organizational mismatch since the discord service&help team and the people who help the tickets are clearly outspoken by the discord NQ-people, not the same.

Don't post chatlogs, c'mon guys. I'm not going to go full moderator here, so please just heed my friendly warning.

Also, this post I made a while back might be relevant to this situation so we're all clear on who provides what kind of support/where:

TL;DR - 

• Community Helpers = volunteer players who pitch in to lend support where needed in the community. 
  • Moderators = volunteer players who assist others and enforce the rules on Discord and here in the forums.
  • GMs = employees who provide in-game support, but who are limited in doing so; their role is to direct players to the proper resources as needed. They pass information up to the CMs and help us provide more round-the-clock community coverage.
  • CS = employees who officially respond to support tickets. 
  • CMs = employees (like myself) who serve as the main messengers that carry information between players and the rest of the development team, and vice versa. (Similar to a GM). We also handle the running of contests, official announcements and general community engagement. Unlike GMs, CMs do not appear in-game to provide support.

On 1/8/2021 at 6:59 PM, blazemonger said:

That is true @Haunty .. The issue here is that bug reports just get stuck in queue with the rest which means there is no triage or queue management at all..

Conjecture to be honest mate, you have no idea how they sort or priorities tickets.  I have submitted loads of bug / exploit tickets, which i have never heard back about but the bug / exploits were fixed.

That the bug or exploit was fixed may or may not be due to your ticket.  The point is that  IF the report was passed on, the ticket should be gone from the queue and marked as resolved from the CS point of view if that is all they do with such tickets. And if your tickets is still in queue while the issue is solved that can mean a number of different gaps in the process the CS team uses. Basic triage would mean tickets are sorted based on content, context and severity. In such a case a resolution of an issue for which multiple tickets exist would mean all relevant tickets get closed.

This is not the place for a course in CS queue management but having a proven an successful trackrecord with setting up such systems for CS team several times the size NQ has for companies with a global CS organization several times the entire staffing of NQ, I will make the statement I know what I am talking about here.