Warp removing any risk from pvp needs to end.

Physics

I see we're well liked Physics. What exactly do you people think will happen in a few months once Atmo pvp and territory warfare comes? There sure as hell wont be more non pvp gameplay, but there will be more pvp gameplay. So honestly introducing the change sooner is probably better. Let people get used to it. 

Also speaking as an officer of BOO, Ill be open that our general doctrine is not to gank everything. What individual groups or players do with their ships and ammo, thats on them. So keep us out your mouths.

33 minutes ago, Arctic_fox said:

And i find it funny how either oblivious or willfully ignorant you are that you think many of us are "anti-pvp" just because we dont agree with YOU or boo in general and instantly go into "cry moar carebears" mode. If you actully read our posts most of us are PRO pvp and would LOVE pvp content in the game, hell many of us crave it likey as much or more then YOU. However, we also would like there to BE a game to enjoy the pvp in and for there to be a POINT to the pvp aside from "lulz me r blew up teh noobs"

Your vision would not help the game and infact hurts it and quite badly.....at this time. Currently the game is not in a state where limiting options and forcing players into fights that they are likely to lose due to broken mechanics, balance issies, missing features and a SCORE of other problems is nothing but a negitive for the game. Right now we have exactly 3 flushed out mechanics. Mineing, building and flying. thats it.

Currently industry is broken as "only 10% of players" are supposed to use it, and while currently a determined player CAN force their way into it, the cost is so obscene that its a bad joke to new players. PvP is full of issues as noted by MANY players. There is really only 1 gameplay loop, mine to make stuff to mine more. There is zero reward to PvP aside from people like you getting to laugh as you destroy some poor carebear. And exploration is a bad joke right now especially considering how bloody long it takes and how limited most players who actully have a jobs time is. Compounding all of this is the fact there are ZERO counters to pvp that prey can use. No ECM, no jamming of radars to make targeting harder, no stealth fields, no powering down, nothing. The only solution is to build a space only warship or to jump.

If you then further restrict the game and start making it so travel and by extension industry and trade is even more restricted and gated off as well as blow up ships of players when getting started to begin with is already such a huge problem, then all you do is drive yet more players off. Especially with all the problems listed above, and in addition to there being no POINT to pvp. no reward no nothing. Even T4 and T5 mats are literally worthless as there is no point to them beyond fluff. No one is going to willingly risk hours or days of work for NOTHING and having it forced upon them makes them just say "to hell with this" and leave. 

Infact many of us have pointed out once these are addressed your idea would be much more viable and that we even AGREE warp is a problem that needs to be addressed LATER when the game has more loops, less bugs, more features, better PvP countermeasures, and more things to do in general ontop of a REASON to PvP and a reward worth the risk.

Then again as i said you boohoos dont care you just want to watch everything burn so you can shoot up some ships.

I completely agree with you that the current pvp system and mechanics is unfinished and is in desperate need of the planned overhaul. I hope as well as the targeting side of the overhaul, decent counter measures like you mentioned are implemented to the pvp system as well because yes they are needed, desperately needed.

I do believe the PVP overhaul and energy system will come much sooner than Atmos combat and territory warfare, so in my opinion something does need to be done about the ability to complely negate contested territory using warp before territory warfare comes in to play and the game has a sharp change of direction rather than a slightly smoother one. If you keep the current warp system when territory warfare hits, you will find gank squads at the set exit points. I also agree with you on the 0.23 industry change and i am completely against the way NQ has implemented it. What i do not agree with is the personal attack on me and my org in your comments. You clearly do not know me or how i play the game. The same goes for the comments about the organisation i am in.

I will ask however that any Mod who reads this post does not delete it because of the personal comments, because i don't want them to take away the valid points Arctic has made.

49 minutes ago, Physics said:

I completely agree with you that the current pvp system and mechanics is unfinished and is in desperate need of the planned overhaul. I hope as well as the targeting side of the overhaul, decent counter measures like you mentioned are implemented to the pvp system as well because yes they are needed, desperately needed.

I do believe the PVP overhaul and energy system will come much sooner than Atmos combat and territory warfare, so in my opinion something does need to be done about the ability to complely negate contested territory using warp before territory warfare comes in to play and the game has a sharp change of direction rather than a slightly smoother one. If you keep the current warp system when territory warfare hits, you will find gank squads at the set exit points. I also agree with you on the 0.23 industry change and i am completely against the way NQ has implemented it. What i do not agree with is the personal attack on me and my org in your comments. You clearly do not know me or how i play the game. The same goes for the comments about the organisation i am in.

I will ask however that any Mod who reads this post does not delete it because of the personal comments, because i don't want them to take away the valid points Arctic has made.

You are correct, i dont know you, i have not met you in the game and you are not a friend, enemy or ally to my knowledge, I do not know your playstyle beyond PvP as you have admited. I willingly admit to that ignorance. This means that all i can do is form my opinion based on your posts and respond to those. Same goes for boo, i see several of you as community represenitives and i have seen you at various events and streams as both boo and NQ reps thus my opinion of boo is formed from the actions, words and posts of the visible vanguard as it is all i have to form my opinion with.

And while as your comments indicate im already toeing the line here if i have not already crossed it, i figure if im going to get banned or moderated anyway i will at least attempt to clarify my position and opinion before this happens. First of all my first comment was not meant as an attack, it was blunt and at a minimum rude, yes i admit that. I am frustrated at the situation as a whole and it shows i am sure, something that i am sure many players can agree with, yourself likely included based off your own recent posts. Though if i am.off the mark here please correct me, as i know i am.making a few assumptions here. It was my prespective based off observations of your posts I.E you and by extension boo do not care what happens to the game anymore in reply to blaze not as a direct attack at you.

The second one was if not intended as an attack directly, was at a minimum boarderline i admit. One aimed as a response to your own post which i viewed as an attack on myself claiming i am "anti-pvp"

My negitive opinion of you stems from posts such as the one mentioned above. Posts which you make that tend to entirely gloss over or flat out condiscend at the points people attempt to make in regards to the following. Namely that warp is borked and prevents pvp. Yes most of us agree the current travel system is crap and needs a massive rework from the ground up. Especially anyone who enjoys hunting.

Most of us who do so just disagree with your "rip the bandaid off" approach due to the fact we see the bandaid as one of the only things preventing DUs bleeding to death currently. Ripping it off is going to put the game further at risk in our eyes and to carry the metaphore a bit further. We want to see some of the gapeing wounds in DU heal a bit before we rip the bandaid off. Or in more clear terms.

The game mechanics are going to change yes. We all know that. However, the game as it stands cant have its guts fiddled with until more holes are filled in, so that if and when it goes wrong we dont have a second .23 on our hands. It needs the additional content to pad and soften the blow to make it something the game can survive and perhaps even thrive on. While waiting until the last second will obviously shake up players far worse then a gradual system. You dont pull more blood from a man dieing of blood loss and expect him to live.

You keep insisting on changing it now while seemingly ignoreing the points we make with "hire mercs and get guns" again and again without giving reasons why its a good idea beyond T4 and T5 mats, things which as has beem pointed out are nearly useless in the current itteration of the game. This in conjuntion with the fact that you are an NQ rep who boarderline disparages NQ on a regular basis (something that is very disheartening to us normal players by the way. Namely, that even the NQ reps hate the game as it stand) and your response to a recent comment namely one who quiped you get mad anytime a freighter warps and you cant rob them with and i quote "damn right" gives the impression that you also wish to gank players. Only reinforces the view that you and by extension boo dont care about the game anymore and just wish to be the ones to light it up.

If this comes off as a to you, third attack and you wish to oush for my being banned. Then i am sorry for that. But as i said i wish to clarify my opinion and my stance.

Now at noddle. Until you spoke up i didnt even know you were an officer of boo or your general policy. However, as stated above and with due respect, you arent really that visible and i had no clue who you were. It is typically your members such as physics who are due to their status as NQ reps or being vocal. It was my ASSUMPTION that he was or is an upper officer and thus represents your org.

The assumption based in this case by physics posts and attitude along with his status as a NQ rep and addtionally previous attempts by him to recruit me. This lead me to think of him as an officer and by extension representitive of your org. Thus my opinion of boo is formed from his and several other boo memebers posts and attitudes and has colored my opinion of your org.

7 hours ago, Physics said:

I do find these anti pvp posts fairly amusing because they appear to have no basis.

Actually, I think most here understand and are fine with the fact that combat PVP is, will and should be an important  part of the game

7 hours ago, Physics said:

What are we trying to accomplish with them? Are you aiming for a U turn on the future vision of the game?

I think the one looking for a U turn is not us.. This is not, will not and should not be a PVP centric game. Combat PVPV has its place but is going to be designed to support a goal, not be one.

That said, I think most here will agree that NQ has a lot of work to do for combat PVP to become a viable and useful mechanic in the game in many ways and from several perspectives.

18 hours ago, Physics said:

For Solo play

Please don't mention there is still solo play. We all know we get more restrictions and patches to kill off solo play if someone mentions it ;) They almost did it with the industry overhaul, its freezing but i think we need one more patch to make the kill.

This thread has it all wrong. The sense of entitlement here knows no boujmds either.

I didnt kill your precious PvP, you did when you chased off most of the feeder fish or made them all quit

I put hundreds of millions into my ship and mined for a month, you didnt and you are not automatically entiteled to what I ear without effort

I am required to potentially piss away 32+ mil per round trip as a cost of business to avoid PvP, You are not required to pay anything for the priviledge to fight me

This isnt a PvP game, this is a strange new genre NQ created that is Player Vs Crafting with PvP as an after thought and a poorly concieved one at that.

Hate to break it to the PvPers here, but you have killed off the PvP before it ever got going and as a result killed off the weakest of the T1 Basic prey. Welcome to the T1 Advanced grade of PvP in which you forced everyone to go with warp. That was you who did that not me. You made it through EZ mode ganking/griefing defenseless new players, mining crews, or those too poor to afford or get to the point they could structure warp cells into the cost of doing business. That was you not me so deal with it. Are you going to cry foul if NQ ever gives us proper defenses when you come at us too when suddenly every hauler you go after is now a superfortress defense platform? too?

In any good PvP savanah sim:

• The lion/serial killer has to stalk their prey to find prime locations to hunt
  • The lion/serial killerhas to ambush their prey and kill quickly
  • Once the attack starts the prey is presented with the chance to fight or flee
  • Once the chase begins the predator has to run down the prey and kill or the prey escapes

Its the most basic formula there is to understand and if hunting animals or people were easy.. O wait it is! All you realistically have to do is camp Alioth and wait for the prey to come to you in a 1su killing field where all you need to do is do some homework and camp some lanes and use police wolf pack traffic tactics with a spotter and enforcer paradime whole shooting fish in a barrel like a bear snatching salmon out of a stream. And because you ate all the salmon that were easy you dont want to put in the work to run down the gazelle you are now required to chase and run down before it runs away and warps.

Guess what tho. My gameplay role gets further and further out of reach the more time goes on and the resources run out. The difficulty level gets harder by the day. Why not your gameplay loop? Why should I just hand you over my 120+ mil ship? Why should i not be able to have the choice to run especially if I am forced to pay a luxury tax to do so? Why should I have to mine a month of my hard earned effort over to you with no chance to keep it?

Essentially what is being asked for here is the ability to break my legs before the chase sequnce starts so that you can get free sack lunch handed to you because you dont want to put effort into the 300mil payday I represent. Months to fight the building tool to get the placements and parts to fit, optimize, and months to get the talents to fly it with putdowns, and all so that you can just rail all the ships out of the sky all day for what?

It would kill this game in 6 months if NQ hands over the disruptor when I still have no defenses in game to even slow down the loss of my ship. I still need quantum encryption, self destruct sequences, cloaking, traps, proxy mines, auto turrets, armor plating, and shielding, amongst other things like guns, rocket launchers, turrets, and basic quality of life defense systems. At the very least I should have the choice to blow my ship up to prevent you from taking my cargo. Let alone the ability to make that harder. Right now its either warp or lose months of effort or progress because the devs hate how I play and dont want me to be able to do anything when pvp happens needs to change.

You already have the easiest pvp experience I have ever seen with the coming territory wars to steal everything else and you want to end the game in 6 months from the point the add the disruptor all so free sack lunches can be passed out to 1 segment of the population until they run out and this game is dead? I already hate being forced to keep up with the 10hr mining requirements to meet production off mining constant 4kl nodes. You take one of my ships again and our org is pretty much gone. I am sure after the first, second, fifth, or tenth time 90% of everyone else left will too.

There needs to be a sepperation of weapons and armor dedicated to if it is an Attack Dynamic Core (L-A Dynamic Core) vs a Defense Static Core (L-D Static Core) so that different sepperations can be made like requiring the same class weapon (XS, S, M, L+) items are matched to the scale they should be should also allow a L-D Dynaic Core to have the most defense over weapons an A core should have as a fighter or bomber. Haulers need to become super fortresses that can repel attack and not just fall victim to sack lunch handovers of my hard earned work.

The title of this thread is also very much #fakenews

"Warp removing any risk from pvp needs to end."

Warp does not remove risk from PVP, it removes risk from being a non combatant because NQ has not yet brought anything into the game that would make the risk of slow boating worth it. As long as that does not happen warp is the only way to get around safe enough to make the trip worth it in many  cases. We're not here to be your cannon fodder. Go find people who are willing to engage you and stop trying to find kills in corners of the game you really only come looking if you do not want to actually risk much, if anything, yourself. 

There is several major factors in relativly (or even not relativly) dead PvP far beyond any real or imaginative warp issues.

1) Lack of players (both in absolute numbers and in density to available space).

1.1) Lack of competitive organizations who still retain interest in game as cohesive PvP groups.

1.2) Most of remaining active base "only PvE" guys.

2) Hopelessly little of economic loops/content to support meaningful slowboating around.

3) Super-expensive PvP entry/sustain (prohibitive to learn via mistakes); so little of people are eager to try.  And for good reason.

In short, Physics, you waving stick wanting to fight... in middle of metaphysical desert.

22 hours ago, Arctic_fox said:

Most of us who do so just disagree with your "rip the bandaid off" approach due to the fact we see the bandaid as one of the only things preventing DUs bleeding to death currently. Ripping it off is going to put the game further at risk in our eyes and to carry the metaphore a bit further. We want to see some of the gapeing wounds in DU heal a bit before we rip the bandaid off. Or in more clear terms.

The game mechanics are going to change yes. We all know that. However, the game as it stands cant have its guts fiddled with until more holes are filled in, so that if and when it goes wrong we dont have a second .23 on our hands. It needs the additional content to pad and soften the blow to make it something the game can survive and perhaps even thrive on. While waiting until the last second will obviously shake up players far worse then a gradual system. You dont pull more blood from a man dieing of blood loss and expect him to live.

You keep insisting on changing it now while seemingly ignoreing the points we make with "hire mercs and get guns" again and again without giving reasons why its a good idea beyond T4 and T5 mats, things which as has beem pointed out are nearly useless in the current itteration of the game. This in conjuntion with the fact that you are an NQ rep who boarderline disparages NQ on a regular basis (something that is very disheartening to us normal players by the way. Namely, that even the NQ reps hate the game as it stand) and your response to a recent comment namely one who quiped you get mad anytime a freighter warps and you cant rob them with and i quote "damn right" gives the impression that you also wish to gank players. Only reinforces the view that you and by extension boo dont care about the game anymore and just wish to be the ones to light it up.

This kind of constructive criticism is what i personally value the most. I think pretty much everyone here is still some what passionate about this game and its potential, otherwise we would not still be here. The points about the pvp system needing effective counter measures is bang on the money in my opinion.

The main part about the OP idea is to make warp a certain kind of counter measure in the fact that it would enable players to change direction, move off the common "pipes" and change their destination warp exit points. The whole point of that is to lower the chance of being detected by gankers as you come out of warp and at 0 speed. This of course will not be enough of a counter measure on its own and others will need to be developed and released before the big atmos pvp change comes and all safe zones outside the centre 3 planet triangle is removed. Maybe it would be a good idea to start a forum topic for a countermeasure think tank, because if there was a time to throw suggestions such as this out there, its now. I do still feel that the bandaid does need to get peeled off gently, otherwise when the patch that removes the safe zones comes people will need to adapt at a much more rapid pace.

When it comes to NQ they are always open to constructive criticism and their front line team do an amazing job in recording and reporting feedback from the community. With that said if i personally feel like they are on the wrong track i will never hold back on unloading both barrels towards them. Just like everyone here i want this game to succeed and do well.

12 hours ago, blazemonger said:

We're not here to be your cannon fodder. Go find people who are willing to engage you and stop trying to find kills in corners of the game you really only come looking if you do not want to actually risk much, if anything, yourself. 

This sadly is a prime example of criticism that is not constructive at all.

What would be helpfull in my perspective would be not so much to place restrictions on for example Warp but to counter what is already said here, the cost of ships and other builds.

It is very clear that by having high costs the reason to go PVP and hope for a high profit kill are locical but the negative side is that nobody with those ships will go PVP or even venture out into places where they can loose the ship. Adding territorial wars will not help in this.

I know that talking about making building stuff cheaper is not the direction NQ wants to think in but to be honest it is the fastest way to more PVP. Not only in games but in real life too wars are mostly fought with the cheapest means possible and in many cases thats a simple human with a gun or bomb. only overly high tech stuff is deployed in wars when the risk of loosing that tech is minimal, else its just cannon fodder thats sent first. Morality nowadays does reduce that for some countries but not for the majority on world scale.

Ingame it works the same, would i go through a pvp zone with a 300 million ship? No. Would i do it with one of 1 or 2 million? Probably Yes. Would both ships carry the same cargo? Yes.

At the moment people dont go around PVP afraid of their cargo but of the loss of their ship and all the consequences of that loss. Cargo is easy to replace, even if its worth millions but the time invested in a ship its design and the testflights making it perfect, not. And although not all is lost as we can have BP still if the components of the ship together cost so much more then Any cargo we can think of there is no reason to fly. and with no reason to get new cargo ships are going to be grounded sooner then later.

Good point about warp, also i saw good points about the aiming AI and about countermeasures like shieldings and stuff but please also consider the balancing of cost and effort and power to move cargo. What the latest patch did was add a few hundred millions extra into building that ship and that probably will result in loss of players and surely loss of people taking the risk to go through PVP zones. We really did not need another quanta drain and even with the "industry is to cheap" idea there was no massive PVP in space simply because industry was not cheap. It was cheap If you did organize with other players and build massive factories, but then still Massive factories require massive ores and those require Mining teams flying out taking risks.

Looking back at for instance WW2, in the end the axes did not loose because their technology was inferiour, they lacked fuel and materials to build stuff and the allies mass produced cheap fighter planes and all the other materials overflowing their needs.

Please think again about how we can all make PVP work by providing both hunters and pray with ships that they dont mind so much on loosing, cheaper building results not in an overheated economy but probably in larger nice buildings, ships and less fear of loosing ships and thus more pray to be hunted.

It's interesting to see how some of the combat PVP crew still think they can freely pewpew in atmosphere once territory warfare comes in to the game.

If NQ stick to their definition and there can't be aggression anywhere on claimed tiles and the TU needs to be taken/destroyed first, it will only be a very narrow bit of space that will be a risk.. Players can work together by claiming tiles and creating PVP free airspace corridors quite easily around planets.

3 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

What does that mean? Does the safezone prevent you from making content? I would rather say it prevents you from destroying content.

Yes, it's pvp game as advertised. I want to shoot you (to pvp) safezone prevents that.

If you think this game has any chance without pvp then you will be surprised to see "we ran out of money and don't get enough from 150 people left in the game. gg" msg sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, XKentX said:

Yes, it's pvp game as advertised. I want to shoot you (to pvp) safezone prevents that.

I still do not see the content you are talking about above. However, I just checked the DU page and it says

"From pirate raids to skirmishes to coordinated attacks: space is a dangerous place. With real-time destruction, battleship crews and player-designed ships, this is PvP like no other. Don’t want PvP? Stick to Safe zones and you’ll be fine." (highlighting by me)

It seems you got something completely wrong. DU is advertised with PvP between ships in space and - even more important - with safe zones for non-PvP players.

DU is also advertised for

"Create entire cities, giant space stations, massive warships, underground bunkers or… flying cars!" and

"Mine. Craft. Build and optimize production factories. Then barter or trade your creations, or those from others. A shared universe means a single, global economy - run by players."

The safe zones are there to protect this gameplay from your lust for destruction.

1 hour ago, XKentX said:

If you think this game has any chance without pvp then you will be surprised to see "we ran out of money and don't get enough from 150 people left in the game. gg" msg sooner rather than later.

This is pointless because there is PvP. For the case that you think PvP requires non-PvP players to shoot at: That would be a problem with only 150 of them (even in the very ulikely case that they do not leave the game without safezones).

We have a player whom recently got run down by a pirate losing his ship and cargo worth he estimated at like 37 million. It was entirely his fault , didn't even have a space radar and to top it off his ship was extremely slow to accelerate. Once he started getting shot he had zero recourse but to watch his ship get slowly blown apart. Again , this death was entirely his poor planning.

That being said his experience highlighted some of the current massive flaws with PvP in DU as it stands. You will never be able to balance a combat vessel vs a hauler. If we think about this in the real world naval warfare tells us this is what escorts are for. The issue in game is this becomes a RL time issue. It's all well and good to say a naval ship in the real world is 6 years of boredom followed by 6 minutes of hell, but people won't pay for that experience in a game. So asking 1+ people to escort a hauler on a multi RL hour long trip to protect said ship from any 1 attacking player along the rout out of however many trips with no attack  is asking people to play for zero game activity for hours.

The natural solution to this would be to remove warp entirely and simply allow ships to accelerate as fast as they want. I'm sure there is some server tech issue that makes this impractical. Travel times between planets outside of warp are currently a walk away from your computer event. Understandable since there is literally nothing to do during that time. 

If they implement warp interdiction in the game it will simply be used to grief gank people period. Warp is used to avoid combat , by non combat vessels so ganking is the only eventuality. You need to remove the warp mechanic in it's entirety and dramatically reduce travel times between planets at the same time. If it only took me 15 minutes to go from one side of the system to another via high acceleration then I'm not asking an escort to devote the entirety of their game day to flying near me doing nothing. Then, maybe you could have hunting and chasing happen properly.

Warp is the problem to be sure, but only half the problem. Travel times to slowboat are the other half. No one is going to spend hours escorting some hauler around on the off chance a time or two a week some pirate might choose to engage.

5 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

I still do not see the content you are talking about above. However, I just checked the DU page and it says

"From pirate raids to skirmishes to coordinated attacks: space is a dangerous place. With real-time destruction, battleship crews and player-designed ships, this is PvP like no other. Don’t want PvP? Stick to Safe zones and you’ll be fine." (highlighting by me)

It seems you got something completely wrong. DU is advertised with PvP between ships in space and - even more important - with safe zones for non-PvP players.

DU is also advertised for

"Create entire cities, giant space stations, massive warships, underground bunkers or… flying cars!" and

"Mine. Craft. Build and optimize production factories. Then barter or trade your creations, or those from others. A shared universe means a single, global economy - run by players."

The safe zones are there to protect this gameplay from your lust for destruction.

This is pointless because there is PvP. For the case that you think PvP requires non-PvP players to shoot at: That would be a problem with only 150 of them (even in the very ulikely case that they do not leave the game without safezones).

There is no PVP atm. If you think going outside safe space and shooting each other while it doesn't have any meaning and both lose (even the winner has all his parts screwed up, no spoils as everything on the loser ship destroyed completely) is PVP you get PVP completely wrong.

There should be something (atm T4/T5 ore) that is ONLY accessible in PVP areas. Something that gives you a REASON to go there and fight. There are none atm. You don't want PVP ? Stick to safe zone mine t3 buy t4/t5. What's the problem ?

Current Warp drives + safezones make PVP completely irrelevant and meaningless.

4 hours ago, Xennial said:

We have a player whom recently got run down by a pirate losing his ship and cargo worth he estimated at like 37 million.

Poor pirates spent probably 5+ hours camping until they got him. That guy ? He didn't even care to put a radar on his ship. Problem ?  There is no problem.

You take your ship to PVP area, be ready to lose it if stuff goes south. That's what PVP is for.

Hauler vs Combat ship ? CANNOT BE BALANCED. You are either slip past the camp in a smart way so you don't get caught(yes YOU NEED RADAR) or you are dead. You can't balance a fat slow ship vs one that is built for combat. There is no problem to solve here, it is balanced.

ATM you can fly blind and afk and will still get to your destination in 99% of the cases. Pirates ? They spend hours and hours and adopt their ships to all possible situations to have at least a remote chance of success.

1 hour ago, XKentX said:

There is no PVP atm. If you think going outside safe space and shooting each other while it doesn't have any meaning and both lose (even the winner has all his parts screwed up, no spoils as everything on the loser ship destroyed completely) is PVP you get PVP completely wrong.

There should be something (atm T4/T5 ore) that is ONLY accessible in PVP areas. Something that gives you a REASON to go there and fight. There are none atm. You don't want PVP ? Stick to safe zone mine t3 buy t4/t5. What's the problem ?

This.

2 hours ago, XKentX said:

PvP gear or in this case ship parts should not go past the regular Tiers period.

This only exacerbates the problem and further throws pvp into greater imbalance with no defense mechanics or defense Tier 6-10 PvP parts being added. Why does PvP get to be 2x as strong as anyone else's role in the game? People keep asking for more weapons but what about us?

If you want more weapons in your arsnel then I want Warp 2-5 to counter it. If the answer is more weapons and no defense then I want Warp 6-10 to counter that.

PvP never gets better without enough super abundant resources, an even playing field of attack/defense, and a reason to throw away ships. Until that happens this whole PvP thing is an afterthought. By any metric it just falls flat on its face as any kind of meaningful pvp.

Lol I just wonder if NQ tomorrow was like we are adding a no combat PvE server how many people would instantly migrate there just to avoid this terrible pvp grief system. Or hell how many people would come back or new people it would bring in. Hell if NQ would use crowd sourcing for world generation and open up a free build themed server for future solar systems or to add specific landmarks, PoI's, easter eggs, and structures how many more it would bring in.

Wth are you talking about ? T5 weapons ? No one uses them. Half of them have their stats screwed up.

If you die to t5 you will die to t1.

You have a counter, t4 engines. Those already pop up at the market now.

Creative non pvp server ? You are playing a wrong game.

Person with a nickname "Warlander" tells no to pvp.... Why don't you call yourself "bearkeeper" ?