What's going on with Dispensers NQ?

blazemonger

So, on today's patch NQ removed the "deprecated" dispenser schematic from the game (not just the market, they are gone form your inventory or assembly units if you had any). There is  no reimbursement.

Meanwhile the "lights dispenser" which is made with this schematic is still on the market.The "new" dispenser which doe not need the actual parts to be loaded is not available in game, the schematic is not seeded and there is no sell orders for these at all.

What will happen now is that unless NQ fixes this quickly, wealthy players will buy up all dispensers which are relatively cheap and relist them at much higher prices as there is no new production and there is no other way for players to sell anything directly outside of markets.

Why is the new dispenser schematic not seeded NQ? you have not said a word on this so it's either an oversight (would not be a surprise) or there is an issue preventing you to seed the schematic( also would not surprise me). Wither way, you are removing a fairly important element from the game without prior knowledge (and again, not a surprise here).

When NQ will learn we don't know.. but it seems for now they are as oblivious to the impact of their actions as ever.  So the race is on, will NQ fix yet another half baked "fix" or will this be the next round of market manipulation by wealthy players getting even richer in the process..

42 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

as there is no new production and there is no other way for players to sell anything directly outside of markets.

In the view of recent changes I wouldn't be surprised if this is intended (in order to force us to use the markets) and that the remaining dispensers are an oversight.

Just now, Fra119 said:

Meanwhile I was thinking to myself that it would be cool to be able to built your own market, place it strategically in the most remote area, collect taxes from every transaction and passively become the richest man in the system, lol

Remote markets would be good if you had an established customer base (friends, org, etc) or a form of advertising. Otherwise, nobody will know that your occupied hex has a market vs. other hexes in the area.

Hey Blaze!

So just to make sure I've gathered all of the relevant details, you're seeing a discrepancy between what Nomad wrote in announcements and what you're seeing in-game? Other things haven't been removed that you expected should be based on this update?

1 hour ago, fiddlybits said:

Remote markets would be good if you had an established customer base (friends, org, etc) or a form of advertising. Otherwise, nobody will know that your occupied hex has a market vs. other hexes in the area.

Yes eventually you should be allowed to have a dedicated marker on the map.

As a side note, how many times does someone crash 20/30/40+ km from the nearest market? Having the ability to set up a basic store with just scrap and fuel and make it visible for anyone would be a huge qol.

1 hour ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Hey Blaze!

So just to make sure I've gathered all of the relevant details, you're seeing a discrepancy between what Nomad wrote in announcements and what you're seeing in-game? Other things haven't been removed that you expected should be based on this update?

Yes, there is a big discrepancy..

NQ introduced a new dispenser which no longer needs to have the actual items loaded to work. Apparently (who knows as NQ has not said a word on this) there is an issue with these and for that reason they were not introduced (the schematic was never seeded).

The old dispenser was renamed as "light dispenser" with its schematic being named "deprecated dispenser schematic". NQ has now removed that schematic from the game, has not reimbursed those that paid good money in game for the schematic from what I can see and the schematic is actually gone from the inventory and assembly unit and so no one can actually make dispensers now which means that players are no longer able to make the very elements they have to sell items or blueprints themselves as NQ has yet to even mention when we wil l actually get player markets and access to market terminals for our own marketplaces.

Dispensers were selling in large numbers a few hours ago for below 20K ... here's now:

dispensers.png

So the questions I have are are:

• Why did NQ remove the old dispenser schematic while they should be aware of the impact of this. I really question the judgement of whoever made that call and their actual understanding of the game and it's current state.
  • Why are the new dispensers not seeded in the game, what is the issue that prevents this and if there is no issue how can NQ not know these are not seeded?

Thanks..

Looking at the specification for the "dispenser" which is created using the "dispenser" blueprint which is currently not seeded shows a massive volume it can hold, as I recall 1billion liters for the new one which really virtually makes it unlimited while the "old" dispenser (now names Light dispenser) holds 20,000 liters like before. The old dispenser was made using the deprecated dispenser blueprint which has not been entirely removed and this dispenser has always consumed the parts it would distributed, I tried that just last week actually.

The new dispenser has never had it's schematic seeded for some reason, NQ has never said anything on this and the only reference we have about it is in the patchnotes. We do not know why it was not seeded and we have no idea what made NQ think it was a good plan to remove what is a very important element form the game causing massive market speculation where the cheapest dispenser on Alioth currently sells for 80K instead of the 17k they cost before the patch today

I'd also say that there is far more important issues that need addressing than this and I have no idea why NQ thinks this and emotes are more important than doing what they said they would, like remove damage counters from anything but PVP situations and things that actually affect players and moves elements around (model for electronics industry being broken) or doors having a silly render distance of less than 30 meters which allows players to simply jetpack into an construct they have no access to.

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

Not to mention it being prone to locking players inside, especially with DU's lag and loading delays. One would think that collision boxes should be decoupled from rendering and LOD.

although I am happy that collision boxes on invisible elevators don't kill me when they are not even rendered in

36 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Not that we have elevator boxes, but yeah that just speaks to the fact that nearby objects should be rendered. Not sure that this is even in question ?

No, I mean the 2000m tall space elevators. Flying into invisible ones and taking damage, if as you say the collision boxes are decoupled, would be less fun than hitting the visible ones :)

On 1/7/2021 at 8:53 PM, NQ-Naunet said:

Has this been addressed to your satisfaction, now?

I would still like to know why the new dispensers are not in game as announced. NQ has yet to say anything as to why they did not add them yet and they are specifically mentioned in the release notes (the old dispenser does not do what the notes say)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 10:39 AM, blazemonger said:

I would still like to know why the new dispensers are not in game as announced. NQ has yet to say anything as to why they did not add them yet and they are specifically mentioned in the release notes (the old dispenser does not do what the notes say)

I would like to know about this as well.  I need to set some up and the only ones that are left are far away.  Would like to buy a schematic to one (any) of them, but they're not for sale.