Do Mining Talents Work?

Sabretooth

Is there a way to check if your mining talent work?

I have +20% but because it doesnt show on harvesting I have no way to check if they work.

Has enyone actually scanned a hex, found a big node and harvested more than the stats gave you after a talent upgrade?

The best thing to debug the talents is to see how much every scoop gets you.

For fully expanded mining sphere and a good hit you should be often getting 300+ litres of ore (400 might be the maximum and at least an achievement). Last year before the shitstorm of industries hidden behind paywall, I submitted a bug about tier5 ores ignoring the +% mined talents (I confirmed it for two tier5 ores), the ticket has been closed but I haven't seen anything mentioned in any of the  patch notes, so I guess building paywall was more important than fixing any kind of broken mechanic that would allow to scrap some quantas to build a screw.

Tier 1 and tier 2 ores definitely get the buff, I've seen it working (one scoop of 350-380l), I never measured the scanned/mined for anything but tier5 where I discovered the bug but I guess mining t1/t2 fully is quite a challenge anyway.

But yeah, the talent descriptions are very vague and they can just tell "you didn't understand us, it never meant to produce more ore than available" and walk away with a FU pokerface because they do whatever they want, don't they?

Now that you mentioned your experience with T5 I remembered I found a 100k pyrite node and mined the exact same amount the scan result was showing, despite having a few of that +% talent. So I can confirm it doesn't give you extra ores but rather increase the ore extracted with a single operation.

Edit: or it was supposed to give you extra ore but it's not working at all xD

Edited by Fra119

Actually, in my case I was not getting _more_ with clicks of tier5, but I do get more of other tiers. I was on level4 of the talent at a time.

After the talents wipe, I skilled it to level 5 but with the inability to build warp cells easily I haven't been to tier5 planets yet to see if they have a hidden condition that allows more ore extracted tied to the ore and skill levels (e.g. if you are on level 4 you get +20% of ores up to tier4 and base amount for tier5).

But NQ's input on the topic would be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been on Jago recently, can confirm that the talent in its current state is just a waste of time: you do seem to get more ore (and it's the prerequisite for the Collector achievement) and probably mine faster, however, you do not get MORE ore as one would've imagined from the talent description.

Not sure what was the motivation to have a mining sphere radius talent and this broken two week long time waste, but this is a game breaking bug and yet we are introducing schematics and paywalls #ragequit

Well, I don't remember how much +% it gives but even if it was only like 5% that means that theoretically you're saving 1 click every 20, which is a lot considering how much time we spend mining.

Imho it's worth the investment.

Edit: this reminded me of when we had gems on WoW:

"Why should I buy that 50g gem, it only gives me 3more agi"

"Because if you replace all of your gems you get +30agi, which is +x% crit +y AP which is a shit load of dps" 

XD

@Fra119 if we raise the issue often enough they might finally fix it. Or more probably change the tooltip or wipe the talent, you never know with these guys.

So far I don't have any better points investment strategies but if I would be in the position to go full build/design mode I'd happily not have this talent. It is definitely bugged.

• Sabretooth changed the title to Do Mining Talents Work?