.23 Patch docking (fix) (fast docking)

teso91

New patch seems to have docking screwed over once again.  (when looking at your placement **as your maneuvering* it seems that it does not hit the voxel (flush) and i think that's why they are having docking issue.@NQ ( It was flush before .23. now it seems its a few inches/feet from voxels) It must be some voxel issue. Whatever..... here for the fast cast remedy and focus of this post.  Stop spending time trying to dock things is the focus of this post.

Remedy:

Step 1: Setting your ship down:--> Set your Ship down on an "ELEMENT".  (Setting 1 ship onto another) 

I have found this to be better vs voxel.

Step 2: Set your ship at an angle (with a nice slope)

Step 3: Disable all Em control modules.

Step 4:  Maneuver your construct repeatingly onto the element. If your ship is @ slope angle you should see it slide off if it doesn't dock. (*wait a few seconds). Make sure your ship is sloped at a good angle . 

Step 5: Noticing your construct is not sliding and seated. Congratulations you have successfully docked your construct on your construct.  In order to verify your construct is successfully docked-- Maneuver your construct with the maneuver tool(Construct that is not docking, but being docked)

Ships blow up because docking not working.  Don't blow up! Try this!

Have fun, Fly Safe.

How hard would it be to have a "docking pad" or even a "docking base" that accepts contact of a "docking pad" ? Something along the lines of Empyrion might work and would help by NOT being this ambiguous. (Anyway thank you teso91 for your tips, they did make my life a bit easier).

Thanks for this - very helpful and I will try it when I get my ships back on the same planet. Another easy solution would be to have some sort of tether module which works with either landing gear or another tether module - sort of like the connectors do in Space Engineers, so you can set them through Lua to have an attraction strength, or be locked or unlocked etc. for automated docking systems when approaching space stations or whatever.

For now, I think I'll put some steel plates down on the floor to act as elements for your fix.

I would suggest NOT standing on a dynamic construct while you attempt docking.  Seems to invite disaster in all our test.  Also space station docking is.....a crap shoot.

Most docking explosions are thankfully prevented by turning off the ECU's before docking.