@NQ - Multiboxing?

Daphne Jones

6 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Is multiboxing permitted? I remember NQ said something about it, but I can't find it now. I just got a new laptop for Xmas so I could actually do it now if it's allowed.

-1 pc (hwid)  - 10 accounts all logged in game? Not allowed. Separate login? Allowed. Just 1 in game at a time.
-10 pcs/10 keyboards/10mices - 10 accounts. Allowed.

Basically its forbidden to log on the same time multiple accounts on the same pc/vm/server no matter what tools you use.

2 hours ago, Umibozu said:

Multiboxing is not allowed, one can have multiple accounts but can run ONE account on 1 computer at any given time

This is completely incorrect. While you can't run multiple accounts on the same machine (and never could anyway, even before EQU8 was added) but you are perfectly fine running several accounts on different machines at the same time.:

On 8/27/2020 at 12:31 AM, NQ-Nyzaltar said:
  • Playing at the same time with two or more accounts is authorized, but please note, that any form of automating multiple accounts is forbidden

SOURCE

3 hours ago, Umibozu said:

Multiboxing is not allowed, one can have multiple accounts but can run ONE account on 1 computer at any given time

How about you read the post again instead of saying BS above your player paygrade... 

Ppl can use multiple accounts at the same time as long as does not mess up the anti-cheat - > not on the same computer... 

PS: current players getting multiple subscriptions is probably a economical "must" at this point. 

13 hours ago, blazemonger said:

you are perfectly fine running several accounts on different machines at the same time.:

SOURCE

Yeah of course you can...because there's no way to detect this and differentiate it from different people playing via LAN. No matter the policy, it can't be enforced if it can't be detected. ?‍♂️

Using a multiplexer is detectable, but it'll likely be a long time before NQ cares to check (if ever)...why would they want to go after those few customers that want to pay for multiple subs...?   

10 hours ago, Arctic_fox said:

I wonder where VMs fall into this.....Its technically one machine but its also technically not.

You'll need to be sure that the VMs fully utilize your GPU -- I think they tend to come with low-tier default GPUs and need a bit of setup to share your physical GPU (or like...run 3D games at all). 

Even if you set it up correctly, you'll need a lot of beef to run DU like this -- there's a ton of overhead and with how DU performs, I'd be really surprised if this works out. I think the official policy for VMs should be "if you can figure it out and physically run it, good for you" lol.

4 hours ago, michaelk said:

Yeah of course you can...because there's no way to detect this and differentiate it from different people playing via LAN. No matter the policy, it can't be enforced if it can't be detected. ?‍♂️

Using a multiplexer is detectable, but it'll likely be a long time before NQ cares to check (if ever)...why would they want to go after those few customers that want to pay for multiple subs...?   

You'll need to be sure that the VMs fully utilize your GPU -- I think they tend to come with low-tier default GPUs and need a bit of setup to share your physical GPU (or like...run 3D games at all). 

Even if you set it up correctly, you'll need a lot of beef to run DU like this -- there's a ton of overhead and with how DU performs, I'd be really surprised if this works out. I think the official policy for VMs should be "if you can figure it out and physically run it, good for you" lol.

Not being able to detect it /= being ok to do. Doesnt mean i or others may or may not do so. Just that a clear answer to satisfy my curiosity would be nice.

As for beef my desktop is a 3900X at 4.4 all core, 128GB ram and 2080TI (can also slot in my old 1080TI and set the VM to use it as im pretty sure i have the pcie lanes to spare.....) Just split it to use 1 CCX per "system" split the ram half and half and throw a vid card at each machine. And boom cow computer.

16 hours ago, Arctic_fox said:

I wonder where VMs fall into this.....Its technically one machine but its also technically not.

EQU8 prevent from running DU in a VM. You can try to obscure the fact that it's a VM, or bypass EQU8 - both will get you banned if you screw up. People have already been banned for using a VM to run DU.

EQU8 also blocks WINE.

It's not uncommon for anticheat software to block and ban VMs due to their common usage to bypass bans by being able to flip hardware IDs on the fly - which is a big deal for F2P games.

2 hours ago, Mordgier said:

EQU8 prevent from running DU in a VM. You can try to obscure the fact that it's a VM, or bypass EQU8 - both will get you banned if you screw up. People have already been banned for using a VM to run DU.

EQU8 also blocks WINE.

It's not uncommon for anticheat software to block and ban VMs due to their common usage to bypass bans by being able to flip hardware IDs on the fly - which is a big deal for F2P games.

Too bad though the VM is at best an edge case for me. I use my laptop for most things and while its a good unit.......If i tried to run a VM of DU on it, im fairly sure it would turn into a mushroom cloud.

On 12/31/2020 at 2:20 AM, Arctic_fox said:

From the OS standpoint, it is another machine (hwid), so it works. You can technicaly run one instance of the game with one account on the host (the real hardware), and another instance with another account inside a VM, yes). 

On 12/31/2020 at 9:32 PM, Mordgier said:

Not true, DU runs fine in a VM, provided that he VM has access to the hardware DU requires (AVX capable CPU and adequate GFX card). If you want to believe some Reddit post claim .. well.. let me just say it's reddit even when the posted screenshot (which in itself is a reason to get banned) is very vague and NQ should be able to tell you if, when and why you were banned. The Reddit post you quote really does not tell us anything as to why this persons 'account' was banned.

On 12/31/2020 at 9:32 PM, Mordgier said:

EQU8 also blocks WINE.

Also not correct, DU will not run under WINE because EQU8 does not work under WINE, that is not the same as blocking you from running the game as a set condition to do so.

12 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Also not correct, DU will not run under WINE because EQU8 does not work under WINE, that is not the same as blocking you from running the game as a set condition to do so.

I mean....semantics and all that. I have asked NQ multiple times about running DU in a VM and have been told that EQU8 cannot be run in a VM or via WINE or KVM.

If you think DU can be run in a VM without ending up on the banlist - you're welcome to spin one up and report back. I still have some tiny hope that this game will stop being a complete waste of money so I'm less than eager to go testing on my own accounts.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:18 AM, Umibozu said:

Wrong. Completely wrong. This sort of confident presentation of misinformation as actual fact is getting increasingly annoying these last few years. It’s like people are totally confident to just spout whatever they pull out of their arses without even bothering to check if it’s true. 

Notice the especially amusing use of the CAPITALISED numeral (ONE) to make it sound more TRUTHY. They probably saw something like that written in a EULA or something and thought it made them sound more authoritative.