Transfer Units

MercilessFisting

The logistics end of manufacturing is.. well... a work in progress to be sure.  I  was hoping maybe an alternate solution might be to allow transfer units to transfer multiple items via a filter option.

Or perhaps a special intermediary container that would allow (for instance) massive unloading of ores into one container that could then split all the different types of ore into their designated homes.  

In general the 10 connection limit is highly frustrating when trying to setup a smooth running industry chain.  Even with large amounts time spent on upkeep, I'm still spending way too much on moving links.  It forces me to use a system that is far larger than it needs to be just so I can automate a small portion of what I do.

Different methods to move things would be wonderful, even if they had us use non-combat pet type robots for it. Would liven the game up some. Though I'm with your original idea as well. The other proposal would be to allow incoming connections to containers that are using the outgoing connections for a hub. Main line industry more or less, helps scalability as well.