BEST MINING SIM EVER! thanks NQ for SPACE MINECRAFT

GarbageKnight

I was totally in love with this game pre #23...I even went out a bought a beast PC when I started in Oct, just to play it. I was sucked in by the marketing, and even though it was pitched as a Beta, the impression promoted by NQ is that its waaaaaaay more developed than it is.

Even though it was a bit repetitive, you could usually achieve something in the game, even in just small steps: you always felt like you were moving forward.  Now the tiny pay-offs for huge amounts of tedium, mixed with the brutal damage to cores and element repair,  simply dont feel worth the investment of time. It is basically dull, frustrating and tedious.

I have REALLY tried since the patch to find something in it, and be positive; so I ventured off Alioth to get some decent ore. Upon my return, a glitch caused there to be no altitude/distance data and suddenly I was in the atmosphere, far too fast. Burned up and respawned on the other side of the planet. Now its drudgery-tastic picking up what i need to repair and getting back to sell some t5 that took a day to get out of the ground.  But then do what? rinse & repeat...  the game is 'all fur coat and no knickers' -  theres no substance behind it. No content.

I am now logging in daily just to colled my $ and hoping that something will change soon, because right now it is dulll A.F. and all my interest in it has seriously evaporated.

5 hours ago, JoeKing said:

I am now logging in daily just to colled my $ and hoping that something will change soon, because right now it is dulll A.F. and all my interest in it has seriously evaporated.

I'm doing the same thing and just logging in to collect my daily. I've grounded my bigger ships and use my pocket rocket if I get an idea and need something, but it hasn't happened in weeks.

.23 sucked all the fun out of the game. Everything I was interested in, gone.

• 4 months later...

I thought that the Minecraft gaming community is dead. However, I am glad to see that people still play this game. Thank you for the tips. I was looking for new ways of improving my mining skills. The information you've shared will definitely be helpful for me. By the way, does someone knows the prices for creating a Minecraft server? I recently found an article about how much it Cost to setup a Minecraft Server. Still, I wanted to also listen to your opinion about this. I will be grateful if someone would like to chat with me.

On 12/29/2020 at 7:16 PM, GarbageKnight said:

1 mine rocks, use crappy hover to sell rock to bots.

2. use money to buy ship parts - to build ship that can carry more rocks - while traing up mining only skills

3. mine more, train more, sell more.

4. Make bigger ship to haul more rocks to sell to bots.

5. mine more train more sell more rocks to bots.

6 BUILD BIG SHIP to scan for large underground rocks to mine, then sell to bots, while more mining skills train.

7. mine more, train more, sell more. 

8. BUILD MASSIVE SHIP WITH WARP TO TRAVEL TO OTHER WORLDS IN A BLINK----WHY?

Can I have your stuff?  I'm only on Step 7....

On 5/10/2021 at 12:47 PM, NQ-Naerais said:

Why are we necroposting? :)

Please don't. 

The necro post has all the formatting and tone of a phishing post.  I'm not about to click the link to find out ?.  But it seems a bit suspicious to me

What with all the necros recently? Have some noobs arrived or something? This is the second dead and buried post I've seen resurrected in less than a day...
And it's a pointless post at that. Just people whingeing as usual without anything constructive (except the one post in reply to the OP with some actual hints....)

Can't you auto lock posts that lay dormant for 3 months or something? There is rarely anything worth resurrecting that was laid to rest.

8 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

What with all the necros recently? Have some noobs arrived or something? This is the second dead and buried post I've seen resurrected in less than a day...
And it's a pointless post at that. Just people whingeing as usual without anything constructive (except the one post in reply to the OP with some actual hints....)

Can't you auto lock posts that lay dormant for 3 months or something? There is rarely anything worth resurrecting that was laid to rest.

We were hoping to avoid it, but I think we're going to have to turn on archiving. 

14 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Says something if people are complaining about the same thing months latter that the dead post is still in circulation 

As it, it is nothing but a badly designed mining game, and the market required for even selling mined ores is broke with the construct and lua spam. NQ's solution to this was to add more platforms at market which only increased the market construct spam. The game is split into those that want a solution and those that want to keep all their market constructs, so they can just sit in their building all day and play the buy-sell game. If you bring up the subject in game then you just get flamed thats its all about your shity computer, that in fact only is using 35% cpu, 61% gpu and 53% ram.

Had enough of this. When sub expires then thats the end for me and fam here.

3 hours ago, SpacePirate said:

If you bring up the subject in game then you just get flamed thats its all about your shity computer, that in fact only is using 35% cpu, 61% gpu and 53% ram.

Look, its all about perspective. 

1st the game is in beta. This by it self should nullifying most if not all of your complaints. 

2nd. computer programs have different areas of code. An incomplete game(or simply badly coded) can have a avarage run below 40% and later have a spike and even crash because of exhausted resources. 

So talking about avarage values is useless. 

To understand what is happening you would need to make graphic with 100ms precision. 

3rd. When ppl reply to you suggesting you to buy more ram or better cpu, they are not calling you pc crap and they are also not saying DU is preforming as expected. 

They are providing a work-around for you to have a better experience. 

Like, performance issues are 100% NQ fault. Between NQ bad code, bad infrastructure or simply bad logic. 

Its not your fault or my fault. 

But all we can do is:

Have a bad experience

Or

Apply the work-around

Or

Uninstall

To make sure you dont experience this again, dont invest in alpha/beta/early-access stuff. 

Buy/subscribe only to already released games, after reading several reviews. 

On 12/30/2020 at 3:16 AM, GarbageKnight said:

becasue all they did was make Minecraft Eve online.

ah yes, the classic phrase, "if it's a voxel game, it must be a minecraft clone"

dual is a minecraft clone. 

scrap mechanic is a minecraft clone.

space engineers is a minecraft clone.

NMS is a minecraft clone.

every voxel building game to ever exist is a minecraft clone, even the ones that pre-existed it.

nice troll post.

I actually don't mind the 'necro posting'.  Hell this game is necro.  I'd put up with nothing but necro post here if in game we could get rid of the necrobases, the necroTUs, the necroships, the necro orgs the necro factories.............

2 minutes ago, Kruzer said:

I actually don't mind the 'necro posting'.  Hell this game is necro.  I'd put up with nothing but necro post here if in game we could get rid of the necrobases, the necroTUs, the necroships, the necro orgs the necro factories.............

If you are going to get rid of properties and stuff that is going on unused then you might as well have a wipe and leave off the meganodes when they reset everything.  Maybe that is where this is all headed.  Don't know tbh.  A company that says so little is hard to read, course that is usually the point with a near media blackout.  Keep from showing your hand, whatever it may be.

Not sure a threat of a wipe would get me to log in and do anything with all my TU'd meganodes.  Hell I got probably hundreds of the damn things everywhere.  But an actual wipe would definitely not have me logging in more than I do already.  Dealing with blueprints wasn't fun even with one of the biggest megacorps.  Dealing with wiped game from scratch with blueprints on top of that?   Yea I would probably pass.

Well, the wipe would be a calculation of trying to focus on bringing back players like you at the expense of being less attractive to new players coming into an already picked to the bones system or a fresh start for many and being somewhat more attractive to a new player having a better choice than a planet that looks like an abandoned ant colony.  With the current state of the game the wipe vs no wipe is probably moot.  There's actually less content in the game now than when I started in September.

• 10 months later...

I've been reading this thread for 10 minutes and still don't understand what's happening here. I'm not a fan of necroposting, but can someone explain what the issue is? Is it an argument between DU and Minecraft fans? It's a DU, soo all the Minecrafters can go home. Are minecraft servers closed? Don't think so, you still can find a lot of them to play and be happy. You better do this instead of arguing.  And yes, DU's better. Just because it doesn't look like a game from 1995.  Thank you for your attention, everyone! The thread is officially closed and dead!

Edited by ralfmikovec

1 hour ago, Kurosawa said:

damn you necromancers...

started reading, sound like DU today, then noticed the OP was from 2020... sad

And that right there is the tragedy ...

5 hours ago, Kurosawa said:

damn you necromancers...

started reading, sound like DU today, then noticed the OP was from 2020... sad

This is the core of the problem with DU, or more correctly NQ. To little, to late is the one constant that has been with us since the beginning in 2016.

I played early classic Minecraft ~13 yrs ago before 'survival test' added skellies/creepers/etc. It took Notch 5 mins to figure out Minecraft at a minimum needed PVE. Even NMS has basic PVE - deadly weather, some hostile critters, sentinels. Territory warfare might have saved DU, but without that or some minimal PVE I'm not sure it's a complete game.

• 3 weeks later...

It's cool that the bots posting these malicious links have multiple posts on the forums.  The last time this thread was necro'd it was a bot too.  I reported that one and it's still up over a year later.  I'm not even going to bother anymore.