BEST MINING SIM EVER! thanks NQ for SPACE MINECRAFT

GarbageKnight

1 mine rocks, use crappy hover to sell rock to bots.

2. use money to buy ship parts - to build ship that can carry more rocks - while traing up mining only skills

3. mine more, train more, sell more.

4. Make bigger ship to haul more rocks to sell to bots.

5. mine more train more sell more rocks to bots.

6 BUILD BIG SHIP to scan for large underground rocks to mine, then sell to bots, while more mining skills train.

7. mine more, train more, sell more. 

8. BUILD MASSIVE SHIP WITH WARP TO TRAVEL TO OTHER WORLDS IN A BLINK----WHY?

9 TO MINE MORE, DIG DEEPER, BUT NOW ON ANOTHER PLAENT....YAY END GAME!

wheres the PvP - dead due to industry change.

where is the industry - WELL YOU GOTTA MINE MORE, SELL MORE, TRAIN INDUSTRY- 

10 so you can start making a starter factory.

11. MINE MORE SELL MORE TRAIN MORE INDUSTRY

12 - now spend that all on thousands of schematics needed to produce anything at a rate you can profit off of. but basic stuff only right now.

13. MINE MORE DIG MORE SELL MORE TO BOTS, TRAIN THAT INDUSTRY.

14. Buy a dozen more machines, 

15. MINE MORE SELL MORE, TRAIN MORE.

16. now SPEND ALL THAT ON THE 500 SCHEMATICS you need to run the next set of machines you bought.

17. MINE MORE SELL MORE TRAIN MORE.....at some point you might be able to use the ORE TO ACTUALLY MAKE STUFF WITH INDUSTRY...but not yet...

22.............. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG....sound of keyboard keys hitting the floor. 

NEWS : in news today, developers of game Duel Universe, sent out an apologies, for all the computers that players smashed, in frustration, becasue all they did was make Minecraft Eve online. With the promise of more..but somehow went sidewise somewhere... in other news,  NQ uses the tears of players everywhere to make new, life extending tea. 

23: Use cool ship physics to build a huge hover race track for players to have fun on

24: make friends and trade to get whatever you need in the new industry economy

25: make gliding simulator game with points system that can be played with friends

26: finish beautiful structure....no....it's never quite finished

27: have a brief session mining out a mega node to finance the next 2 weeks of game play...a bit boring but you got to earn somehow

28: open main race stadium to public on VR machines

29: visit friend's mercenary bar on the north pole to see how it is coming along

30: make a deal to have 200,000L of crater soil from Madis delivered to your race track on Alioth to make the 'Madis Hairpin'

31: visit friends parking platform near the market to see how they are getting along

32: spend two hours trying to help a random new guy move his whole base form Sanctuary to Alioth.

33: Come to forums. Shake head. Leave forums.

?

DU was intended to be for the long run and not like SE for quick space action. But the way this long run has acted out is indeed a small grind even Korean MMO makers will give a standing ovation for.

Well, back to mining. Apparently i am one of the few idiots that wants actual chairs and tables in their buildings.

I've been playing SE sinse it came out in early access late 2013 and still play. The game is by far the best building space game out there (just my opinion). Thing is it filled its agenda, engineer and build things in space.. simple.

There is survival mode in SE, none in DU. Survival mode makes SE hard, but rewarding at the right balance. DU is just pretty boring with no real reward.

I know there is a section of the DU community mostly ex Landmark folk who think the game can last on voxelmancy design alone, unfortunately the game will likely go the same way as Landmark, died because a lack of players can't keep a mmo game ticking over.

It's a shame, because this game needs all the aspects it was intended to have, pvp, player economy, to mention a couple. But it released far too early into beta (the game is still alpha quality), it has great promise, but will possibly fall before that promise can be materialised.

Sad.

I agree calling it Minecraft in space is a massive compliment. I could do a ton in Minecraft that did not revolve around me digging all day. 

right now I’m on ion, our org moved, I busted my ship. All I can do I stand around and watch skills train. Because I can’t go dig holes to find ore. No parts on ion market to replace broken parts. 

I have made several snow wieners. And naked lady statues that were huge to pass time. But the guy who can take me back to where we moved has been waiting days to get his ship out of orbit.

sure I could build a hover track. But that takes voxels if you want it nice. Voxels take mining to make. 

just to do a fuel station to supply myself and sell a bit took 6 refiners, 24 medium containers, 6 chem units, and 6 recyclers. 3 Kergon, 3 Nitron, 2 carbon, 2 silicon, 2 silica, 3 hydrogen, 3 oxygen...schematicsto make and I went medium to make a decent starter player set up... until I get more processing to make oxygen and hydrogen as biproduct more effectively. Trying to use small container was just bull poop. They filled up with trash and I had to keep splitting stacks to make it work. 

but still requires 99% mining to do anything. So mine all the time play game 1% sucks.

If you think Minecraft + Eve sounds bad, then i would forget about Dual Universe and never look back.

Because that's the dream. 

We're only about halfway there, at best.  But that's where we're going.

If you don't like the sound of it, you're wasting your time

This project is more than likely going to shut down/go F2P before it becomes a proper game.

Its pretty obvious at this point that NQ are unable to develop solutions to the glaring issues that plague the game. You would think leaving the band-aids in place would be a good idea in order to keep your community and subs. Instead they ripped it off because they somehow thought/still think that solo/small gang players were/are ruining the game. Now all the bugs and poor game design decisions are unbearable to the normal folks, the masochist minority love it though.

Now since no one else can use their ore, the large orgs and people already with ALOT of credits are lobbying to remove bots so they can lowball ore for slave labor rates, since they themselves don't wanna mine, they're above that shit, DU is their game in their minds, you should work for them on your sub and they shouldn't pay more than 25h per L of ore. They can always place a buy order for more than that and get all the ore but nah.

It boggles my mind why they would do this to their own game and pretty much guarantee its failure. The only folks that remain are the ones that play no other games outside the space-sim genre and are hardcore fans of star citizen(no wonder).

19 hours ago, Shulace said:

This project is more than likely going to shut down/go F2P before it becomes a proper game.

Its pretty obvious at this point that NQ are unable to develop solutions to the glaring issues that plague the game. You would think leaving the band-aids in place would be a good idea in order to keep your community and subs. Instead they ripped it off because they somehow thought/still think that solo/small gang players were/are ruining the game. Now all the bugs and poor game design decisions are unbearable to the normal folks, the masochist minority love it though.

Now since no one else can use their ore, the large orgs and people already with ALOT of credits are lobbying to remove bots so they can lowball ore for slave labor rates, since they themselves don't wanna mine, they're above that shit, DU is their game in their minds, you should work for them on your sub and they shouldn't pay more than 25h per L of ore. They can always place a buy order for more than that and get all the ore but nah.

It boggles my mind why they would do this to their own game and pretty much guarantee its failure. The only folks that remain are the ones that play no other games outside the space-sim genre and are hardcore fans of star citizen(no wonder).

Sure....that's why they are hiring more staff and are able to put out adverts on mainstream platforms. That must also be why every day there are new players on support channel asking for help, saying how cool the game is, embedding themselves in the community. You must be right.

Wanting a game to fail simply because it does not give you what you are looking for is not the same as the game actually failing.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:36 AM, Haunty said:

I was gonna say, the idea of a Minecraft + Eve and being a single shard mmorpg is why I joined DU. Everything else is just details and waiting for features to be developed.

It needs more features...and will all my waiting giving it lots of thought.

So here is my thought..

keep the mining as is....but let small to large nodes respawn once a month. but not mini mega, and mega no respawn.....same when they introduce asteroid mining. Keep the bots, to make the sell price on ore worth it the grind.

now add auto mining drills.

you can have 3 small ones going at any time mines like 1000L of chosen ore T1 per hour. 

you have 2 Medium miners going at any time, mining any T2 or T3 ore, at 500L of a single chosen ore per hour.

you have have 1 LARGE miner going mining T4 or T5 ore, at 250 L per hour.

in total you can run 3S 2M and 1 L all at the same time...

Small miners can be used on any planet,  < can all be used on single tile, but no other miners can be on that tile OWNED ONLY

Medium miners can only be used outside Starting territory..or SCANCUARY MOON.. Can be used in same tile, but no other units OWN only. or can be used if only one small miner is present. 

Large can be used on any planet outside SCANCUARY...but you can only have 1 on a plot, and no other mining units for that same tile. you must own that territory for at least 15 days before you can use it, it can be placed down, and a timer showing how much time you have before you can turn it on. 

Auto miners take damage over time. a small will last 48 hours before scrap is needed to repair it.  Medium will last 72 hours before repairs are needed. Large will last 4 days before repairs are needed. 

only Medium and large can be linked to containers. smalls will fill up and need to be emptied every 4 hours of mining.

The distance they can link are equivalent to the distance you can mine linked to a container.

but each miner can only mine the ore available on that world.

Now if max your mining skills out... you can unlock using double the amount. of miners. but same rules.

the limit of miners, stops them from being all over, the limit per tile stops a tile from becoming a huge lag zones, plus see first part not having a tile with 10000000 miners in it.  Only be able to mine ore available on said planet forces people to branch out.

having to own the tile... stops people putting them everywhere, and for the LARGE units..keep people from taking over a tile with a miner on it. also make people have to stay put in one area...you know time sink...something they want. 

but NQ can run with this, and do what they want, but it would be a good starting point.

I like how world generation is so basic along with standard issue mining. It might be a little more grabical and smaller voxel size but its still basically minecraft just more  monotonous and with a lot less sediment, mineral, and rock variety in biomes. Its cheezy at best in terms of a mining sim.

You would expect there to be more than like 32km of sand/dirt, etc down to the core or that there would at least be different types of stone or some kind of layer system with larger or more dense nodes that take longer to mine  per grab but nope there is nothing practically below 1000m with 32km of nothing is quite disapointing.

Or that you would think that with the exceptions of prolly a few moons or planets with some kind of molten core that there would be a massive core of iron ore various layers of materials or a slightly small core that is still somewhat molten but not totally cooled that is just magma voxels you die if you touch or breach into. But mostly that the solid cores should take a massive amount of time or perhaps take as much per grab as a T5 node and then some so that the core has enough densly packed materials in addition to 1-2 10km layers of different rocks or textures distributed in tiles like basalt, stone, granite, limestone, and all non stone ores.

To me it makes no sense when there should be massive seams or layers of lime stone or some tiles should just be maddive full nodes of stuff like limestone quarriest that goes down km.

There isa lot better ways to do world generation which is interesting and not so grindy as combing ore that is like 100m apart or 500m apart for the same ore type.

not to mention a lot of minerals or ores naturally lead to other ore types or have tons of different combinations beyond just one ore type. Or that the soil should be loaded with small nuggets of ore that should be too small to collect or that when we dig a hole it should randomly spawn the mineable rocks along the way or have the mineable boulders spawn every so often to gain bonus ore or to have some kind of nanopack sifter to take soil and give small amounts of passive ore by processing the sediment would be a good start at making mining interesting and profitable

Seing as if you go into mining you basically work for everyone else but see no real profits in your labor since multiclassing into industry or crafting is a lost cause in most casees since you need like 10+ people specializing in different aspects unless you want to que up for like 2 years. So for the most part we are along for the ride and just either handing over ore to someone who can actually make money since ore isnt really worth anything now what is the point to mining 10hrs a day for minimum wage and 150k ubi vs people who can just press a button and make 10,000 times more profit passibely as it all gets proccessed and manufactured into something with function and purpose.

I honestly wish the refining and smelting of ore where more in the mining domain then the industry domain since we cant really do much other then mine and sell for practically nothing.

3 hours ago, Burble said:

Sure....that's why they are hiring more staff and are able to put out adverts on mainstream platforms. That must also be why every day there are new players on support channel asking for help, saying how cool the game is, embedding themselves in the community. You must be right.

I have noticed. I also have noticed postings and comments that mirror what we have said almost a month ago now.

No, I don't want it to fail, but you have to keep the customer base not just bring them in. High turnover rates of any type are bad.

As I and so many others have said before, time will tell and that time will be a lot longer than a single month. It will be interesting to watch over the next year. Anything can happen, afterall some virus that wasn't super fatal shutting down the world wasn't believed either.

13 hours ago, Burble said:

Wanting a game to fail simply because it does not give you what you are looking for is not the same as the game actually failing.

lul imagine spending money on adverts for an alpha product.

They need to hire actual economists and proper devs that know how a game and its economy should work, I don't know what you are talking about "new players asking for support" because that to me sounds like a failure in game design when the tutorial itself is buggy and ass, meanwhile all the "game" has to offer is mining.

So try not to shill too hard mr. blobbers

2 hours ago, Shulace said:

lul imagine spending money on adverts for an alpha product.

They need to hire actual economists and proper devs that know how a game and its economy should work, I don't know what you are talking about "new players asking for support" because that to me sounds like a failure in game design when the tutorial itself is buggy and ass, meanwhile all the "game" has to offer is mining.

So try not to shill too hard mr. blobbers

hehe

What you actually mean is: All the game has to offer YOU is mining. 

I am not arguing about the fact that you lack the creativity or imagination for the kind of game DU is in the current form. That is ok, sandbox/crafting/building/trading/interesting physics flying and basic orbital mechanics games with not much else to them are not for everyone.

What I am arguing is that there is nothing for ANYONE to do except mining. Because a lot of people are finding things to do and having fun doing it right now.

You and some others have nothing to do but mining in the game right now. The game does offer a lot more than just mining to others.

It's not hard, you'll get it if you think just a little bit outside your own little box. I have no idea what to 'shill' is or how hard of a shill would be too hard for that matter. 

2 hours ago, Burble said:

hehe

What you actually mean is: All the game has to offer YOU is mining. 

I am not arguing about the fact that you lack the creativity or imagination for the kind of game DU is in the current form. That is ok, sandbox/crafting/building/trading/interesting physics flying and basic orbital mechanics games with not much else to them are not for everyone.

What I am arguing is that there is nothing for ANYONE to do except mining. Because a lot of people are finding things to do and having fun doing it right now.

You and some others have nothing to do but mining in the game right now. The game does offer a lot more than just mining to others.

It's not hard, you'll get it if you think just a little bit outside your own little box. I have no idea what to 'shill' is or how hard of a shill would be too hard for that matter. 

I have built xs to L cores, the game USED to have building/things to do as a viable activites aside from mining. Now even flying is a penalty.

I am aware you're being willfully ignorant though and people who blindly support projects are the ones that leads to this tone deafness in the developers. 

6 hours ago, Shulace said:

I have built xs to L cores, the game USED to have building/things to do as a viable activites aside from mining. Now even flying is a penalty.

I am aware you're being willfully ignorant though and people who blindly support projects are the ones that leads to this tone deafness in the developers

Pictures? Would love to see what you created.

What you are basically saying here is that people who are enjoying the game right now are being deliberately ignorant and blindly supporting something when in actual fact they are not enjoying themselves at all and just can't see how bad the game actually is? That they simply do not realise how much they are not enjoying the game?

How exactly do you plan to save these poor lost sheep?

3 hours ago, Burble said:

Pictures? Would love to see what you created.

What you are basically saying here is that people who are enjoying the game right now are being deliberately ignorant and blindly supporting something when in actual fact they are not enjoying themselves at all and just can't see how bad the game actually is? That they simply do not realise how much they are not enjoying the game?

How exactly do you plan to save these poor lost sheep?

https://du-creators.org/makers/Shulace

Those are my ships.

You can enjoy the game all you want, the problem is everyone that enjoyed the game pre 0.23 was having fun too with the game they paid for. That is until the folks like you starting complaining because you don't like seeing other people doing their own thing.

I have given up on DU like most, I just chime in for some extra entertainment every so often lol, gotta get my subs worth in.

4 hours ago, Shulace said:

Those are my ships.

You can enjoy the game all you want, the problem is everyone that enjoyed the game pre 0.23 was having fun too with the game they paid for. That is until the folks like you starting complaining because you don't like seeing other people doing their own thing.

I have given up on DU like most, I just chime in for some extra entertainment every so often lol, gotta get my subs worth in.

So basically your out unless DU turns back into a SP sandbox. Don't worry they already plan for a 'virtual building mode' for you with access to everything. Then you can completely remove yourself from any concept of playing a game with goals, structure or purpose by just living in there and showing off screen shots of your creations to people. You won't have to worry about producing anything, mining anything, or having to put in any effort at all to build whatever you want. You'll get a blank canvas with access to all the voxel ship painting tools you could wish for.

Hopefully NQ will spend the rest of their time making an engaging game where you have challenges to overcome, player controlled markets, territory wars, community(org) focused, risk vs reward etc for the rest of us whom don't mind putting in the effort to achieve.

5 hours ago, Shulace said:

Those are my ships.

Dude.... you are making way too many wild assumptions. I was playing a while before 0.23. I used to have a factory that made a lot of what I needed for ship building. I used to be able to test my race track without having to buy new parts every 3rd time I crashed. That all changed at 0.23. I certainly did not complain about anyone doing their own thing. I am a pure solo player. But I also can adapt to change rather than stick around even when I don't want to play just to whine and cry about it incessantly. I still enjoy the game. 

Your Halcyon ship looks quite nice.

1 hour ago, Xennial said:

So basically your out unless DU turns back into a SP sandbox. Don't worry they already plan for a 'virtual building mode' for you with access to everything. Then you can completely remove yourself from any concept of playing a game with goals, structure or purpose by just living in there and showing off screen shots of your creations to people. You won't have to worry about producing anything, mining anything, or having to put in any effort at all to build whatever you want. You'll get a blank canvas with access to all the voxel ship painting tools you could wish for.

Hopefully NQ will spend the rest of their time making an engaging game where you have challenges to overcome, player controlled markets, territory wars, community(org) focused, risk vs reward etc for the rest of us whom don't mind putting in the effort to achieve.

That will be great, that model will work when it goes F2P :)

On 12/31/2020 at 1:27 AM, Shulace said:

true. a game for boomerwhales cannot survive in todays age. free2play or death. you devs decide.