Physical rewards? Why is DU ignoring it's founders?

mghtyred

Greetings. 

As an Alpha Ruby Founder, I was promised quite a bit for my generous contribution to this project. Like many other founders, I'm wondering what's going on. 

It's been several years since the contribution was made, and TWO YEARS since the promised delivery date. I can't even get someone to reply to my emails to put in a change of address. Remember it's been YEARS since I made my initial contribution. This is bordering on criminal.  Just to refresh your memory, Ruby founders were promised the following by DECEMBER 2018: 

Pledge €400 or more

Ruby Founder Pack (Early Bird)

INCLUDES:
    • Game at launch (PC Digital)
    • Thanks in the credits as early backer
    • "Ruby Founder" Forum Title
    • Lifetime Subscription
    • Original SoundTrack (Digital)
    • ID Card Arkship Passenger (Ruby)
    • In-game Pet (lvl.1 version)
    • In-game Pet (lvl.2 version)
    • In-game Pet (lvl.3 version)
    • In-game Pet (lvl.4 version)
    • Closed Beta Key Access
    • Alpha Access Key
    • Alpha Team Outfit
    • "Dual Universe" T-Shirt
    • "Dual Universe" Poster
    • "Dual Universe" Tote Bag
    • "Dual Universe" Artbook
    • "Dual Universe" Metallic Box (numbered)
    • "Dual Universe" Collector Box
    • Arkship USB Key
    • Alpha Team Member Statue (male or female)
    ESTIMATED DELIVERY DEC 2018
    SHIPS TO Anywhere in the world
    98 backers
    Limited

I can see why it appears that the majority alpha backers (based on forums not fact) are so angry. I too would be very angry and bitter over this.

I was only a beta monthly subscriber, so my experience with NQ has only been since nov 2020, but it seems in my opinion, NQ's failure to communicate is deeper than others tried to explain.

I hope this gets resolved for you. You are owed a direct response by NQ at the very least, not some guesswork by players, so I won't insult anyone by even attempting.

So I think I am in the same but less expensive boat.  Buying this pack got me in the dog house.

And what pets?  What does that even mean?

Grants Pre-Alpha Access

x2 Sanctuary Territory Unit (STU)
x3 Beta keys (can be gifted)
x12 Dual Access Coupons (DAC)
Black Earth Legacy Outfit
Black Arkship Passenger Outfit
Pets Lv 1 + Lv 2 + Lv 3
x2 Resurrection Nodes

According to the last mail from 4th December 2020 "the production of your Kickstarter physical reward(s) is almost complete". There is also a link to a form for the shipping info. I just checked and it is still live. You can also update your postal address in your DU account. I don't expect additional information. I guess it is no fun for NQ to be reminded of this mess.

6 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

According to the last mail from 4th December 2020 "the production of your Kickstarter physical reward(s) is almost complete". There is also a link to a form for the shipping info. I just checked and it is still live. You can also update your postal address in your DU account. I don't expect additional information. I guess it is no fun for NQ to be reminded of this mess.

I've tried that link: https://www.dualuniverse.game/account/kickstarter but every time I try, it tells me 

Something went wrong, please retry in a few minutes.

7 hours ago, mghtyred said:

I've tried that link: https://www.dualuniverse.game/account/kickstarter but every time I try, it tells me 

Something went wrong, please retry in a few minutes.

It works for me (with Win10 + Firefox). That means it is not a general problem on NQ side. Have you tried it with different browsers or different devices?

Just tried on Firefox Windows 10 and nothing. Same problem. Tried on my phone and it won't even let me login because the site is not formatted properly for mobile. Tried it on my tablet in Desktop mode, and got the same error message. 

The only thing I can think is because they changed my address on file themselves before they had this interface, it's not letting me change it back. If I could get someone from NQ to reply or at least email me about this, it could all probably be sorted out in a few minutes. Unfortunately, they don't seem to care about their founders because my emails, and as you all can see, this post, goes unreplied. 

I tried to get further in i.e. my personal account and it allowed edit etc. But it may be a different thing for early backers not sure, but the link seems to work right the way through for me. Can't think of anything that it might be other than firewall or a detection software issue perhaps.

That or they don't want to speak to you. ;)

8 minutes ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

No, that's not the problem. I'm Ruby Founder as well and it works for me. It seems to be an account related issue that needs to be fixed on NQ side. That's quite annoying if the support doesn't even respond.

Yeah I can see it being annoying.

Lets hope they hear him here. Although I'm not holding my breathe. ;)

NQ has several times said that physical items will become available at release as they are linked to that. It's unfortunate release is delayed by two years and my be delayed further if NQ is smart and takes their time to get he game ready for release but yeah.. it wil be another year..