Fun ish poll

OleClammy

Fun ish Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Anti-Gravity Generator

• AGGs were away to powerful keep the nerf, after all nothing can float in the air without the mass use of energy, minus dirigibles and those were developed as early as 1783, we are 10000 years in the future. Who needs high tech cool sci-fi stuff.
    • Return AGG to before the .23
    • Some kind of far balance, (post below).
    • Don't care, Star Wars sucks, Rogue One was the worst of all Star Wars movies due to the Star Destroyer floating above a city.
  2. 2. Did you like the Marvel Helicarrier, the Battlestar Galactica, or the basic ability to dock smaller ships to larger ships?

• Return docking to before .23, and make landing gear magnetic or something. So you don't have to use the maneuver tool
    • Carriers should have to land before recovering craft. It completely based in reality.
    • Docking is for losers
  3. 3. Can you have a player driven economy with bots in the market?

• Yes, bots are people too.
    • No, stop the enslavement of the bots. Slavery is wrong.
    • Don't care player driven economies are for losers.

Hi, here are a few things making me not play as much, as the game kind of lost something(and now regretting my alpha patron).  I maybe the only one that cares about these things....  SO a poll.  

1) To me AGGs made the game feel more like a sci fi game, something a space ship would use to lower itself to the planet, and yes it was a bit fast, but now completely worthless.  Also I saw this as an end game item, spent weeks working to get one(limited play time).  Guess that was a waste of time now.

2) I ran a multi crew carrier with an agg, so the carrier would never land unless needed, we would send down smaller ships to do missions(mining, trading, whatever), but that is now gone.  We have to now land a ship that was never meant to land unless at its dock, to recover our craft.

3) As a group of miners I don't see the reason in selling to bots, or selling at all while bots are in the game.  Bots are making artificial caps on prices this is not a player driven economy.  IMO this is a complete fail on the devs part.

May I ask you what happened to AGGs? Never had one so I'm pretty much ignorant about those.

In regards of bots, imho they should be removed, but I don't know if atm we're enough to make the economy run without them.

I'm no expert and I should probably keep my mouth shut, but what if the supply become way higher then the demand (which I believe is our case as everyone is mining to buy schematics) and the prices drop so much that the hours needed to mine for money become unbearable?

AGG have the ability to remove the need for thrust at 1k, so hover at high altitude.  You can then set your height from 1k to high orbit.  The AGG would move at about a speed of 800KPH depending on your LUA.  Before .23 when you turn on the AGG the height was set at your current height.  Now it is set at your last used height with a change rate of 6 meters per sec.  so now the ship moves up and down at 6 meters per sec, also for some reason your AGG is set at 7k and you want to set it for 1k you need to wait for the agg to reset at 6 meter per second, and it is only about 15 minutes.  but this is a game.  and if i am tabing out to play other games or watch youtube  while waiting to play this game more then i play, why play.

Bots buying raw commodities just act as a price floor — they lower the bar for entry into other potential aspects of money-making in the game. Since mining is the only stable source of time investment income, and the only source for new players.

The reality is if people (big orgs who want cheap ore) get what they want, dirt cheap ore prices, it’s just going to push miners out and prices will go up anyways, and the game will have less players without their cheap ore anyways. Removing ore buying bots at this point for the sake of a “player driven economy” is just a bad idea. 

I guess I find it odd then.  Ore, unlike 99% of products takes personal or player time, hours upon hours.  Product that is made from the ore takes very little player.  Maybe you needed to wait for the skill or wait for the industry unit to be crafted but that is not your time.  You can do what ever you want but the miner needs to sit on his node and mine.  Now you can say that they need to build the factory, place all the parts, link all the items, and transport goods around to markets........   But the time in that is short, long flights you can go watch a movie.  but the miner has to sit there and mine. And to add insult to injury they are going to make mining even more "fun" by adding a logistical element making what I can assume will make mining take even longer.  So you are selling your time and it should be worth more.

What did they do to docking in 0.23? Pretty sure there was nothing about it in the patch notes except something vague about preventing stealing ships to drop them in the PVP zone and blow them up. As far as I can tell, it doesn't work at all. Others seem to be doing it but no one can explain how to do it.

You might get a response from NQ if you made a better thread, but thats besides the point. 

Docking can't be broken because we dont have a docking mechanic. Its a side effect of other mechanics. You can still dock though you just need a pilot in each seat. 

Yes we all want the market bots gone, but until we have literally any other quanta faucet they must stay. 

AGGs were OP and we all know that. Lifting 1000s of tons of material with no input was broken. Did they need as big a nerf? Probably not. But I've pointed it out before that all of 0.23 changes mean nothing until we have power.