On the thoughts of Container Link reduction

MercilessFisting

I'll be honest, I hate the idea of reducing the link distance for mining purposes.  At the current max range, it's finally smooth!  But I get it, changes happen and maybe I can offer a thought to work both ways.
#1:  Nanopack tool to allow greater distance.
#2:  Second Skill Branch to allow for existing range to remain, but after a very long train.  

Obv. I'm not the biggest fan of shoving a ton more sp into long train abilities right now, but.  I do understand balance is key.  

If I may just say, my reason behind wanting to keep the range is rather simple, on planets without large amounts of flat land to mine on.  It becomes very difficult to traverse the land with a mining type ship to anchor a container on, let alone mine down to the different ores  I've had it take 15 mins each direction to get down into a hole and back out to unload.  It's a nightmare.  I get that people working together is a goal, but I'll be honest, it's already hard enough to mine as it is.  I'm known for being a rather high endurance miner, I can happily mine for hours and not realize it.  That being said, even more increased difficulty in the logistics chain especially on this end would make the mining aspect of this game a nightmare of unplayability even to me.  
Hopefully that helps

I don't think it would be so bad if it was easier to transport vehicles underground. Like angled flatten tool, better control of constructs while piloting in tunnels. Then you can just dig mining shafts and use purpose-built mining cart constructs

On 12/28/2020 at 2:55 PM, Haunty said:

I don't think it would be so bad if it was easier to transport vehicles underground. Like angled flatten tool, better control of constructs while piloting in tunnels. Then you can just dig mining shafts and use purpose-built mining cart constructs

I fully agree.  But the times I've tried, it's less the bottom of the mined area that is a problem and more the minute voxels of soil material that get missed when digging out the tunnel.  Causes many hours of searching for the tiny pixel that hanging up the mining cart.  I've sort of given up on that track for that purpose.