Is this supposed to be fun - First Ship to build

lobolito

19 hours ago, Fra119 said:

That is why I'm telling you there's no point in skipping intermediary part. If you go for basic engines and no-one buy them you can still switch to another element which shares some ingredients with said engines. Your first choice won't be a 100% failure.

Btw my humble suggestion is going for airfoils in general as they are the most abused elements atm.

Going back to the progression, this game is everything but fast, even without schematics it will take a shitload of time to build up welfare, and ~75% of that time will be mining, assuming you are alone ofc. You can find an org sure, but if you just started you won't have the talents to be a pilot or an industrialist, so again... mining.

Excuse me if I may sound like I wanted to add weight on your burden, what I'm trying to say (with my basic english) is take it slow, feel free to experiment and try not to rush, as there is absolutely nothing to rush for.

And that is my problem:

"take it slow, feel free to experiment"

I want and i love to experiment. And i dont need fast success.

But at this point it is useless.

I cant experiment, because i cant build stuff, which i would need to experiment with.

All i could do ist mine for hours, then slowly drive (not fly!) to the Market (again and again) and sell in small portions as i have no ship with containers.

But even i have better ways to waste my time, then this :)

On 12/27/2020 at 9:24 AM, Fra119 said:

I see no reason for intermediary product to be on the market honestly, I'd either buy the finished element or set up the entire line needed to build it myself from raw ores.

Also most of the intermediary items (like frames) are used for more than 1 element, so why should an industrialist skip them, they are basically the first thing you should have available.

I had the same thought but put a bunch of parts on the market anyways and have sold quite a bit

6 hours ago, Towakin said:

FU fanboy it is not a lie. The schematic system is broken no matter what you fanboys claim. If my 3d printer could only print a part after I paid 500€ for that 5€ part's schematic I'd throw it in the trash, so much for "like in RL". In the alpha they made it more accessible so people could build had an extra gameplay element. It turned out people liked doing industry a lot and managing and building your factory became a central aspect of DU. This is a fact and no whining from your part can change this. Now this is gone. No, setting up a single line is no fun, no, feeding it 24/7 and praying prices won't drop so I don't make a massive loss is not an option. They should have consulted someone with some game design experience because this machanic is completely broken yet it could have been done so well.

And no, industry was never meant to be used to lock yourself into producing one item only. NQ themselves stated industry and market is to build parts that are expensive on the market and switch once they get too cheap. Yep that's not gonna work anymore.

The correct term is Fanboi

I'm sorry that you have allowed a computer game to make you this angry.

12 minutes ago, Burble said:

The correct term is Fanboi

I'm sorry that you have allowed a computer game to make you this angry.

Oh how angry am I, and what do you know about it? And how is it "a computer game" and not the idiot who called me liar publicly out of his ignorance? And no, fanboy is correct. But what makes you think it's a smart idea to spam a topic with a full quote and nothing but a braindead statement? Don't answer, just keep your immature drivel to yourself next time.

18 hours ago, Towakin said:

Oh how angry am I, and what do you know about it? And how is it "a computer game" and not the idiot who called me liar publicly out of his ignorance? And no, fanboy is correct. But what makes you think it's a smart idea to spam a topic with a full quote and nothing but a braindead statement? Don't answer, just keep your immature drivel to yourself next time.

Towakin, with your own quotes mentioning people talk out their ass and should keep their opinions in their ass you are doing exactly the same.

I don't know why you are angry at a lot of reactors on this forum and I do agree with most of your points.

In general this game will not get better if we all argue among ourselves, don't sent tickets and don't have proper discussions. If i caused any frustrations with you by my recent posts, that was not intended but it seems to be a general issue in DU these days to frustrate players who really believe in the idea behind it. I am one of the people who really believes in it but I am no Fanboy, I believe in the need of critical arguments and showing frustrations over issues.

I love to hear more from your ideas and feel free to discuss with me anything about DU, you can find me in discord but not on the Main DU discord as that is a wasp nest i don't want to mingle in.

respect to all and wish you all nice discussions!  Aaron

5 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Towakin, with your own quotes mentioning people talk out their ass and should keep their opinions in their ass you are doing exactly the same.

Well, not quite. I use bad language, I like it and it has more impact than being all cuddly, but I don't just insult people for the lulz. The statement you mentioned was concerning an, in my opinion and experience, very stupid prediction.

As to discussing ideas I probably won't. Most suggestions are bad or at least not very good (even mine), then they may be implemented poorly so even a good idea can go to shit, and frankly the devs won't care about our input anyways so I think it's a waste of time. I know I sometimes do it because it's fun and we're all terribly convinced of our own ideas, but really it doesn't make much sense. So really all I may do is tell or remind people of some principles, because really that costs me little time and perhaps someone will learn something that will end up leading to a better game because somehow he gets in a position to change something and now he knows some basic principle that will help him come up with better ideas.

On 12/25/2020 at 2:37 AM, lobolito said:

Im pretty new to the Game. So maybe Im missing an important part or someting.

I want to go into building a Ship, as i need an option to sell the stuff i mined.

And i have pretty much no clue what to do.

All i see is that i cant afford the Blueprints which i need to build the Parts.

So i figured i try to buy them.

But how can i know what i need?

I have no clue how many wings/brakes/engines (and what kind) /and what else i need.

Im 35 km away from the nearest Market. It takes a huge amount of time to visit the next one.

Im I supposed to do multiple trips before i have everything i need or is there a simpler solution i just dont see?

The distance to market can be tedious for new players, but things only get better as you progress. Even with the speeder you can cut the travel time by more than half by converting it to a flyer and adding engines.

I wouldn't bother with industry at all at first. And I'd probably buy someone else's beginner hauler ship first, before making your own, so you have something to haul ore to market to make more money. You may have to inquire in trade channel in Discord to find one, or shop around the various showrooms. Looking at and flying other ships will also give you an idea of what you'll need to build your own, you can also experiment by modifying the ship you buy.

Best advise ever ... join an organisation.

In a decent organisation people will help each other. The organisation I joined even have some starten ships you van borrow to get started. If I need heavy transportation there is always a organisation member helping out and give me a ride. The organisation also has a lot of industry available, you can use the machines to craft stuff you want to sell or use. Also people in an organisation can explain the game and how you should play,

A small example of having fun together..... my organisation build an outpost on another planet. I cannot travel in space but they take me with them and share a container which I can use on the other planet. They scan and find a mega node with ore. We all mine together and sell it. On a single evening you easily get 15 million. The game is very much about playing together, helping each other by joining an organisation.

20 hours ago, Haunty said:

The distance to market can be tedious for new players, but things only get better as you progress. Even with the speeder you can cut the travel time by more than half by converting it to a flyer and adding engines.

I wouldn't bother with industry at all at first. And I'd probably buy someone else's beginner hauler ship first, before making your own, so you have something to haul ore to market to make more money. You may have to inquire in trade channel in Discord to find one, or shop around the various showrooms. Looking at and flying other ships will also give you an idea of what you'll need to build your own, you can also experiment by modifying the ship you buy.

Again, thanks for the try. But I do not want to buy stuff.

The Trailers and the Game itself promised my, that i could build anything.

And as simple as it is: Im not addicted, if the game is no fun for me, i do not have to make it work.

I simply quit and play a different game.

Its sad, becaus - as i said - DU would have been the game i always wanted. But not without the freedom of building.

Even if they add missions. So i could choose mission or mining.

Whats the difference, when the goal is: Run to the Market and buy stuff.

Thats kind of my real life. I dont need a second one.