Let's talk state of ores on planets and future of asteroids

le_souriceau

With asteroid mining I bet we are going to see a lot more space elevators being built to bring the ore down to markets (provided there is an actual large scale cost saving using elevators). So the collision problem is going to escalate from being annoying to a real problem.

There will be no hope of balance between core sizes until energy and pvp revamp. Till then there will be 0 point to pvp at all. So really your looking at 9+ months before pvp "might" get changed. So long as L cores rain supreme in every context PvP will be nonexistent.

I would add ship balance in general wont come until they restrict at least engines to core sizes and change the stats that the bigger the slower to warmp up on a fairly exponential scale. Also I support making the core REALLY heavy the bigger they get to force people to engineer the ships large.

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

With asteroid mining I bet we are going to see a lot more space elevators being built to bring the ore down to markets (provided there is an actual large scale cost saving using elevators). So the collision problem is going to escalate from being annoying to a real problem.

If ores became mostly mined in space it's easier to move to a space station.

Oh btw, how does space station behave in an unsafe environment? :V